用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教材閱讀 "Your Baby Can Read" 有什麼好?
發新帖
樓主: Birdsuper
go

"Your Baby Can Read" 有什麼好? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-29 03:52 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I just finish reading "How to teach your baby to read" by Glenn and Janet Doman.  I only read the book but haven't seen any of the related 教材.

The methodology described in the book sounds very pushy and unnatural to me.  Maybe those who have used this methodology can help me understand more.

The baby may recognize more words sooner than those without the "training", but what's the real benefit in a long run?  Brain development? Or other things?  Any experience from bk parents (good or bad both welcome), please share.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-29 11:48 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks kerkermui,

Does it mean that "Your Baby Can Read" 呢套教材 is not actually based on Doman?  If you can clarify this for me that would be great.

Maybe I got mixed up, because the book I read by Doman is entitled "How to Teach Your Baby to Read."

I am interested in the 教材, but worry that if 教材附上說明 asked me to follow the Doman approach, then I won't feel comfortable using it.

3#
發表於 09-7-6 08:43 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks to all for your input.  It does help me understand more about YBCR materials.   

At the very beginning, I thought YBCR is a direct product from Doman, so I got confused and needed more info.

From the info I gathered from you all, I think the best way for me now is to use what I have and make it more interactive.  

For learning words, I have been using books with clear pictures and big WORDS, and make it like a story.  For example, the caterpillar is eating APPLE, PEAR, BANANA, KIWI, etc.

For learning phonics, I have been reciting a lot of poems in books with rhymes for him to catch the sound of it, but not using the written form at this early stage.  For example, I will SAY "smell the rose with your nose"

Thanks again for sharing your ideas, knowledge and experience.  Very helpful indeed.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題