密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 課外活動 Outward bound
樓主: easy
go

Outward bound [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-7-8 11:05 |只看該作者
I sent my 9 years old boy there this morning. And there were a lot of people-many kids are speaking English(I guess they are mainly from international school)
The teacher gave me a website told me that I can click in the wedsite every night to see the pic which will take by them daily.
The backpack was so heavy (5 days 4 night), hope he enjoy the camp.
Will update news after the trip on next Monday. So that the other parent can have more reference and less worry for their kids.

22#
發表於 09-7-8 23:13 |只看該作者
anchow,

Waiting for your information, thanks !

原帖由 achow 於 09-7-8 11:05 發表
I sent my 9 years old boy there this morning. And there were a lot of people-many kids are speaking English(I guess they are mainly from international school)
The teacher gave me a website told me tha ...
:-P

23#
發表於 09-7-9 14:42 |只看該作者
我個小朋友都係尋日入營喎!
個backpack 揹一揹就放低, camping 時會派個細背囊比佢地...
第一日已經落左水啦!
唔知今日玩咩?!

24#
發表於 09-7-9 20:29 |只看該作者
我幫我囝囝報左20/7 既 teen explorer course
等緊你地報料呀!:

原帖由 breefan 於 09-7-9 14:42 發表
我個小朋友都係尋日入營喎!
個backpack 揹一揹就放低, camping 時會派個細背囊比佢地...
第一日已經落左水啦!
唔知今日玩咩?!

25#
發表於 09-7-13 10:41 |只看該作者
I picked up my son yesterday. He looked like Michael Jackson . All BLACK even he putted on the sunblock (All parent you need to remind kids to put sunblock all over the neck too, specially the back of the neck).
Beside mosquitoes, there were a lot flea I guess. My son got a lot of red spots on the body, ears-they are not itchy but looked awful.
My son told me the breakfast-Toast/ Bread with orange juice/ con-gee. Lunch and Dinner: Rice/ noodle, meat and veg plus fruits.
Everyday need to walked miles and miles, my son toes got hurt. If don't like to swim on the sea, you can choice to stay on land and play games.

During the pick up meeting, most of kids said they don't want to go anymore in their life. And I saw many kids keep complaining their parent to send them there, only 10-15% kids who enjoy during the camp. The kids nowadays are so lucky in their daily life. (I think i will send my kid there again with one more friend to have a better accompany.)

[ 本帖最後由 achow 於 09-7-13 10:49 編輯 ]

26#
發表於 09-7-13 13:33 |只看該作者
achow,
Thank you for your information and advice.
Michael Jackson .......... really ? Oh no, my son skin tans very quickly in summer.
Did your son make any complaint ?
My sons will go with one of his schoolmate. Hope it will be overcame easily.
As my son studies in Boys school, I hope this trip will make him more independent.
Did they arrange any presentation for parents?

原帖由 achow 於 09-7-13 10:41 發表
I picked up my son yesterday. He looked like Michael Jackson . All BLACK even he putted on the sunblock (All parent you need to remind kids to put sunblock all over the neck too, specially the  ...

27#
發表於 09-7-13 13:52 |只看該作者
Hi my son is pale white, therefore there was a big different.
I think is better to go with schoolmate/ relative or friends. My son was alone during the camp, because of this he think it was not FUN at all. He told me many people have friends accompany therefore they have there own community.

Oh my son complaint so much. I told my hubby I think my son hate me after this. But he was not. My son told me the teacher said-"everyone have to go to OUTWARD bound at lease 1 in their life." My son said he did already and please don't send him anymore in the rest of his life.
But I think I will , but next time with some of his fiends. I think he might change his mind and will feel better.

I as a parent i think is a very good experience for kids-specially for boy.

P.S: They did arrange a presentation to parent at the end of the day. It took around 1-1.5H
1) Kids got a play
2) Show the photos
3) Give them a certificate

原帖由 easy 於 09-7-13 13:33 發表
achow,
Thank you for your information and advice.
Michael Jackson .......... really ? Oh no, my son skin tans very quickly in summer.
Did your son make any complaint ?
My sons will go with one of hi ...

[ 本帖最後由 achow 於 09-7-13 14:04 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 09-7-13 15:47 |只看該作者
easy,

my daughter will join the course on 20/7. She went there before but only 2 days with her father 3 yrs ago.

29#
發表於 09-7-13 15:57 |只看該作者
anchow,

What time did you pick up your child ?
When did the presentation start ?

salina0817,

Really ?  7/20 - same same ar !!
How old is your daughter ?
Will she join with any friends or schoolmates ?
My son will be 12 years old.
(Thursday will be his birthday )

[ 本帖最後由 easy 於 09-7-13 16:04 編輯 ]

30#
發表於 09-7-13 16:26 |只看該作者
When the time you drop down your kid, the teacher will give you a note.
1) the website you can click in every night to see the pic-what they are doing on daily
2) The pick up time and date

For my case: They asked me to go there at 2:00. The presentation start at 2:30 and finish in around 1H-1.5H (You can talked to the teacher about how's your kids doing during the camp).

原帖由 easy 於 09-7-13 15:57 發表
anchow,

What time did you pick up your child ?
When did the presentation start ?

salina0817,

Really ?  7/20 - same same ar !!
How old is your daughter ?
Will she join with any friends or schoolm ...

31#
發表於 09-7-13 16:26 |只看該作者
easy,

my daughter is  also 12.5 yrs old. One of her friend said she will join, but not sure whether she joins or not . How about yr son ?

32#
發表於 09-7-13 16:47 |只看該作者
去outward bound 的其中一個目的, 就是認識朋友, 和跟一些不認識的人相處。

如果個個同friend 去, 就會形成好多個小圈子, 失去outward bound 的真正意義... 不如你地自己搞camp 玩!

以前就算兩兄弟去都要分開唔同組, 依家d家長好多要求, 又要編埋一組, 又話要早d走, 我個仔仲話有人smuggled 左薯片夜晚偷偷地吃 ... 搞到冇晒紀律

尋日結業禮未開始, d 家長個camp site行黎行去, 仲同自己仔女揮手, 教練講其實課程未完, 佢地仲排緊戲, 而且有其他programs 的參加者進行緊課程, d家長咁做好騷擾...

原帖由 salina0817 於 09-7-13 16:26 發表
easy,

my daughter is  also 12.5 yrs old. One of her friend said she will join, but not sure whether she joins or not . How about yr son ?

33#
發表於 09-7-13 21:14 |只看該作者
salina0817,

My son will go with one of his schoolmate. This is the first time for him.
Nevermind, if her friend wil not join, she can join with my son and his friend.
Although they are studying in Boys' school, they do not " scare " girls.

原帖由 salina0817 於 09-7-13 16:26 發表
easy,

34#
發表於 09-7-14 10:00 |只看該作者
好認同你的講法.  起初我都諗住幫亞仔約個friend一齊去, but有朋友提醒我去outward bound的其中一個目的, 係同一d不認識的人相處及合作, 所以亞仔都係一個人參加.
亞仔明天出發啦, 我好緊張, 又肉痛呀!

原帖由 breefan 於 09-7-13 16:47 發表
去outward bound 的其中一個目的, 就是認識朋友, 和跟一些不認識的人相處。

如果個個同friend 去, 就會形成好多個小圈子, 失去outward bound 的真正意義... 不如你地自己搞camp 玩!

以前就算兩兄弟去都要分開唔同 ...

35#
發表於 09-7-20 20:49 |只看該作者
anchow,

I sent my son this morning but their staff did not tell me about the website. I also want to see the picture which will taken by them.

Would you provide it to me ?

Thank you.

36#
發表於 09-7-21 17:54 |只看該作者
Is it a 5 days camp or 3 nights? If 3 night only, I don't think you can go to check the pic on the web.

原帖由 easy 於 09-7-20 20:49 發表
anchow,

I sent my son this morning but their staff did not tell me about the website. I also want to see the picture which will taken by them.

Would you provide it to me ?

Thank you.

37#
發表於 09-7-21 18:19 |只看該作者
anchow,

My son joined 5 days course. After I confirmed with their staff this afternoon, the website is arranged for 8-10 age group only.

Thanks !
‹ 上一主題|下一主題