密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 入耀中係咪死硬~~~
樓主: 牛津
go

入耀中係咪死硬~~~ [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-6-5 20:58 |只看該作者
After read all comments here, it concluded that your kid is a very bright kid.

原帖由 foolish.mom 於 09-6-5 18:26 發表
Yes, my kid is one of those transferred to CIS after completed Yew Chung primary.

Yes, one of my kid's kindergarten classmate in Yew Chung got into DGS.

My observation is that those bright kids can  ...

22#
發表於 09-6-5 23:39 |只看該作者
睇左你的回覆, 個心真係舒服番好多, 多謝你.
原帖由 foolish.mom 於 09-6-5 18:26 發表
Yes, my kid is one of those transferred to CIS after completed Yew Chung primary.

Yes, one of my kid's kindergarten classmate in Yew Chung got into DGS.

My observation is that those bright kids can  ...

23#
發表於 09-6-24 00:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 牛津 於 09-6-5 23:39 發表
睇左你的回覆, 個心真係舒服番好多, 多謝你.

我都有同感,yc唔咪差成咁!每間學校都有好、壞嘅...

24#
發表於 09-6-24 13:49 |只看該作者
Not Must but most likely!

25#
發表於 09-6-25 10:48 |只看該作者
YCIS is the most local international school. They only have a couple of non-Chinese within the school. Everyone speaks cantonese, not English or even Putonghua. Most students transferred from local band 2 or band 3 schools at some point. Those students have really low English standard (low even when considering local school standard) but the parents still want them to study in an English medium school. There are also Band 1 elite school dropouts. I know that there are students from DGS, La Salle, etc. They could not cope with their own school, and do not want to switch to some XYZ School. There are also those rich kids from China. Some of them cannot even speak in English in a complete sentense.
But these families are all rich. That's it. They can pay for what they want. That is an "English medium school" and a name of "international school". Honestly, do you think any of them can be in any other international schools at all?
Those that joined the school all the way from kindergarten or P1? Most would leave to go to much better international schools. Others that stayed are those that have plans to go overseas to boarding schools soon.
Imagine what kind of school environment such school is?

醒目開學勳章

26#
發表於 09-6-25 12:11 |只看該作者
見到呢個topic好耐...題目比我感覺係, 個心好唔舒服, 點解要用"死硬"嚟形容學生/家長?

至於程度, 我唔知呢間學校點, 不過知道有朋友個女原本在耀中讀到year 3, 但覺得個女中文唔好, 轉咗去德望讀.

27#
發表於 09-6-25 12:19 |只看該作者
I hardly find a better word to replace "死硬". Believe or not, up to you.

28#
發表於 09-6-25 13:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 Cara2006 於 09-6-25 10:48 發表
YCIS is the most local international school. They only have a couple of non-Chinese within the school. Everyone speaks cantonese, not English or even Putonghua. Most students transferred from local ba ...

100% agree...i am a student from DSC...i remember we had a basketball match last year with YCIS. i heard their player all speak chinese=.='''.even the coach too... i feel very weird..is this international school or local school? i speak english with a guy,,,(because he fouls)but he didn't understand what i said..  
but i think not 100% student.........

29#
發表於 09-6-25 14:29 |只看該作者
A friend of mine is an Austrlian born Chinese but she cannot speak Cantonese. She asked some questions during the breifing session at YC. The principal asked for repeat and repeat (maybe normally english questions are handled by other principal, but she was away at this breifing). Eventually, my friends just use some very simple English and talk really slow to make her understand. I doubt how can an under-qualified principal to run an international school.

30#
發表於 09-6-25 17:45 |只看該作者
HAHAHA... That must be the Chinese co-prinicipal. If you have met her, you would not be impressed by her in either Chinese or English. No need to say more...

原帖由 Williamhero2009 於 09-6-25 14:29 發表
A friend of mine is an Austrlian born Chinese but she cannot speak Cantonese. She asked some questions during the breifing session at YC. The principal asked for repeat and repeat (maybe normally engl ...

31#
發表於 09-6-27 18:26 |只看該作者
How about the courses provided by YALC? Is there anyone who has heard of the comments on the English courses for kindergarten kids?

32#
發表於 09-6-28 08:03 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

33#
發表於 09-6-28 13:04 |只看該作者
I have no doubt that csce's child must  be one of the best students at Yew Chung. So this kid can hardly be used as a "reference" of how good an average kid at Yew Chung is. To look at a school, I would rather look at the norm, or look at what most children can perform.
Plus, I really have doubt whether the same child would still be one of the top ones if he/she is with another IS like GSIS, HKIS or even ESF.
I am not trying to challenge csce in any way. But knowing how YC rate their students, I know that really average student can receive unrealistically impressive comments and results in their reports. So parents might need to make objective adjustments when looking at their children's acheivements at Yew Chung. A very average student (when compared to other IS) can possibly turn out to be one of the best ones at YC.
As far as I know, there are only probably 10% amongst the really best ones that would stay beyond P6 at YC. Presuming that there are 10 really good students in P6, only 1 would stay with YC. The other 9 would go to much better schools like HKIS, GSIS and ESF. And to be honest, these really top students at YC, would usually turned out to be very average with their new schools initially.
And these schools know. They know by seeing the the students at interviews and admission tests. They know that they should never trust the reports produced by YC.
And YC and YC parents are usually very proud to tell others that there is this child that was accepted by HKIS, or GSIS, etc. Or there is this child that, probably like csce's child, has all kinds of acheivements, etc.
But let me ask you, how many child at YC are that good? What about the rest?
The fact is that, most P6 children at YC is really behind when compared to other international schools. Well, may be except Chinese standard, since almost all children are local chinese (some have huge problem with taking part in a complete English conversation) and a large percentage of students are local elite school dropouts.
入耀中係咪死硬? Not if all parents want are nice impressive reports, impressive reference letters, etc. Seldom would they disappoint you. In fact, you would not notice the problem as long as you stay with Yew Chung until you need to apply for universities.
One thing that is funny, is that YC is very proud of their university admission statistics. They always tell parents that their university admission rate is 100%.
Ha! What an acheivement.
Knowing the variety of universities you can get at the US, 100% university admittance is in fact not hard to acheive. Yet they are so proud of this, they must presume that all parents are stupid.

[ 本帖最後由 nintendo 於 09-6-28 13:19 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 09-6-28 13:42 |只看該作者

35#
發表於 09-6-28 23:03 |只看該作者

36#
發表於 09-6-28 23:40 |只看該作者
csce,

Just want to echo your comments that some gifted kids can really become bilingual and creative in Yew Chung.  Although my kid has left Yew Chung (joined CIS after graduation from Yew Chung primary), we have absolutely no regret for choosing Yew Chung for nursary, kindergarten and primary school.

原帖由 csce 於 09-6-28 13:42 發表
My child has participated in the International Talent Search administrated by the John Hopkins University and earned "High Honour" scores in both the vebral and quantitative parts of the test, and we  ...

37#
發表於 09-6-29 09:14 |只看該作者
In nutshell, YC is money minded and below average despite I graduated from there 30 yrs ago. NO more arugment as I don't want ppl think we ar e sort of smearing, stoking tension here. If ppls want to go there, go ahead and all the best from the bottom of my heart.

38#
發表於 09-6-29 12:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 csce 於 09-6-28 13:42 發表
My child has participated in the International Talent Search administrated by the John Hopkins University and earned "High Honour" scores in both the vebral and quantitative parts of the test, and we were invited to attend an award ceremony.

If it is not already clear in my previous post, let me state it clearly that my purpose is not to boast how good my child is (there is no need for me to convince anyone about this) nor to sell/defend any particular school. Any caring parents will choose the best available school for their kids. My purpose is just to share my experience which indicates an "No" to "入耀中係咪死硬 ".

I never said that you were trying to show off or anything.
In fact, I have made it clear that I would not consider a couple of top/good students can represent the whole of Yew Chung.
Your child and foolish.mom's child were not "入耀中死硬" because they were amongst the top students.
In a class of around 20-25, there are probably one or two that are really really outstanding. Then there may be around 3-4 that are "above average" within Yew Chung (ie only very average compared to other international schools). These usually would leave soon for HKIS, GSIS, CIS, or ESF soon.
For the remaining 20 students, probably another 15 to be considered "average" within Yew Chung (ie below average compared to other international schools). These would basically fail almost all admission tests with other international schools,  and would have to stay with Yew Chung throughout secondary.
Then there is the last 5 students that are really really poor in all aspects even within Yew Chung. Most of these children have huge learning problem, eg ADHD etc. The school does not have any support for children with special needs. They do not help these children would only "suggest"  the child to repeat one year (yep, no kidding, they love asking people to repeat). The would provide no assistance to you, eg providing assistance to students with special needs like ESF does. And ESF is in fact cheaper than Yew Chung, I want to remind everyone. I do not want to argus whether Yew Chung has better Chinese program than ESF. I know a lot of kids from both schools. I would say that YC's chinese is just "average" while their English is "poor". If this is still ok, go for it.
If all I want is "average" chinese and "poor English, there are a lot of other schools around in Hong Kong charging you much less.
This is all I am going to say.
Good luck to those who are joining YC, and those who decided to stay with YC.
And "well done" for those who already got offers from other really good schools.

39#
發表於 09-6-29 12:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 Williamhero2009 於 09-6-29 09:14 發表
In nutshell, YC is money minded and below average despite I graduated from there 30 yrs ago. NO more arugment as I don't want ppl think we ar e sort of smearing, stoking tension here. If ppls want to  ...

Me too.
I was a Yew Chung baby too.
I was in the kindergarten.
I have alwyas thought that it was such a good school then.
And in fact, it was still quite good a few years ago, but when they kind of expanded their primary section, everything turned really horrible.

40#
發表於 09-7-12 00:28 |只看該作者
I am just curious. My son is not in YC.

If YC is so bad, how come it has such good result in IB & GCSE?

"耀中國際學校中學部亦有約四分一人考獲四十分或以上"
http://www.singtao.com/yesterday/edu/0221go02.html
‹ 上一主題|下一主題