用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion!
發新帖
查看: 13746|回覆: 6
go

RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-17 22:33 |顯示全部帖子
For my boy......
For the Year One student:
1) how many suits of uniform would you purchase?
3 sets of school uniform & 1 set of PE uniform.
Please label every piece of school uniform.
You may be informed of the house your kid belongs to. You can choose to buy the house-tee or the white sports tee which will be phased out after the school term 09/10.

Better buy the nylon track top for the kid to wear on the school bus because of the air-cond.

Buy a bigger size uniform as
1) there are few months to go before the next school term starts. Children grow fast;
2) the uniform may shrink a little after washing.

2) how about the socks, hat & school bag?
6 pairs of socks, 1 cap/hat. (No hat no play in the open area). I didn't buy the RCHK sch bag. I bought a bag that is big enough for the home lunch, snack box and a few thin books.

You also need to buy a book bag for library lessons.

3) for packed lunch, which kind of lunch box would you suggest?
I use Baffalo (0.45L, 1-container thermo) for keeping fried rice/rice/noodles, spaghetti, pasta. A lock & lock box for sandwiches and fruits. I give my son a drink everyday.

prepare a snack bag & a lunch bag for your kid if he/she's going to take home lunch. They need to go downstairs from their classroom for snacks and lunch. The bags carrying everything they need will help them go down and up the stairs more easily and safely.

once again, label every item the kid brings to school.

4) any colours of sports shoes would be OK day by day?
same answer as danieboy's.

2#
發表於 09-5-18 18:52 |顯示全部帖子
danielboy,
Thanks for your advice.
For year 1, they also have 2 PE lessons every week. I plan to buy the new house tee for my son in the summer. he will then have 2 sports tee (incl. the existing one) for changing in Year 2.

ooray,
I haven't tried the school lunch but i tried some snacks at the cafeteria. The food tasted good. The school lunch also looked yummy. However, my son doesn't like it and he insists bringing home lunch and enjoys being with the classmates who also bring home lunch.

For children with food allergy, they are advised to bring home lunch though the Cafeteria says that it avoids using peanuts or other food allergens in their menus.

3#
發表於 09-5-19 20:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 13:45 發表
My son brought home lunch from Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in year 1.  Children who took school lunch and those who brought home lunch ate in different areas in the cafeteria.  My son could therefore had lunch with different friends within the class.  Whether the school lunch tastes good or not is very personal.  Some children complain that the food taste awful but my son says it's pretty good.

danielboy,
wow, it's a fantastic lunch arrangement! I can suggest this to my son so that he can mingle with different classmates.

4#
發表於 09-6-9 21:12 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-7 00:26 發表

mine is ...i forgot...red color PE shirt...
no problem. i guess they are talking general issue on Tue evening. i found the last year presentation in RC website. u can have a look there.

House      Color
TANG       Red
SONG       Yellow
MING        Blue
QING         Green

5#
發表於 09-6-26 00:48 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-25 13:18 發表
Would anyone purchase the label from Stuck-on-you?  Or we could use our own labelling methods?

Students are allowed to use their labels. Last year, I had some cartoon labels made in Mong Kok centre. The shop also made labels for ironing on the clothing. I'm not sure if the shop is still in business now.

6#
發表於 09-8-26 20:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 可敏 於 09-8-24 23:49 發表
birdbird,
do you put the lunch box and snack box into the school bag, or hand carry.

because children have to go up and down the stairs, I worry that if put two boxes into the school bag, it will be ...

可敏,
I separate the snacks and the lunch box by 2 different bags. The bags are with handles so my boy can carry the bag or put it on his shoulder while he can hold the railings going up and down the stairs.

Actually, there are not many books they need to carry everyday. They need to bring the home learning diary, in the communication bag, everyday. At weekends, they may bring 1 or 2 books from school for chinese reading/writing. I give a big school bag for my boy just to hold the snack bag, lunch bag & the library bag. Always ask your little honey to put everything, including library bag, water bottle, snack box, jacket, cap, back to the school bag after use. Otherwise, they will keep losing things. The cap & the water bottle should be kept in the snack bag or lunch bag if he doesn't use them during the breaks. these 2 things are the most easily lost items for my little boy.

[ 本帖最後由 birdbird 於 09-8-26 20:52 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 09-8-29 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 jennachan 於 09-8-27 23:35 發表

my daughter was lost her snack box on tuesday and never back..   So, don't think to hv luck to get it back..   I did put a label on all her stuffs.   
Hope all our kids can learn more how to manage t ...

True, luck is required if a kid loses/leaves his stuff somewhere at school even though the stuff is well labelled.

My son lost 1 cap and 1 bottle in year 1......
sounds not so bad.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題