祟真小學家長 - 請幫忙 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-10-21 09:08 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 祟真小學家長 - 請幫忙

1) 學費 - $2150
2) 校車 (葵興 - 石峽尾) $680
3) 雜費 - around $1000  book - around$1000
4) 午膳費 - $15/day x actual school day of the month
5) 課外活動 (一生一體藝) - $0 (the same case as my son, if your son already learning swimming & piano, no need to duplicate)
6) 功課輔導班留到 5 時至 5時半 (學校開那些) - $
7) 其他 (如有的話) - $48/day x actual school day of the month)
8) 鐘點 5pm - 7:30pm $2000

Ms. Lee

2#
發表於 04-10-23 09:27 |顯示全部帖子

3) 雜費 - around $1000 book - around$1000
是一個學期 $1000 還是一個月 $1000?
-> Per School Term

5) 課外活動 (一生一體藝) - 如果不在學校參加課外活動,是否 3 點要放學?因為我和我老公都要返工,找家務助理照顧他但是按鐘計,所以早放遲放對我亦有關係。
->yes, or you can join功課輔導班till6:30pm

7) 其他 (如有的話) - $48/day x actual school day of the month) - 不知是什麼費用?
->是功課輔導班, sorry, type in the wrong position.
->no other charges

3#
發表於 04-10-23 11:48 |顯示全部帖子

My comment to TT is positive.  TT is indeen a very good school in every aspects and I'm satisfied with it so far.

As I don't want to promote the school by my one side opinion, so I think it would be better is you can list out your questions and I would try to answer you to the best of my knowledge.

Ms. Lee

4#
發表於 04-11-8 12:35 |顯示全部帖子

cy101

I am not familiar with the school net of SSP.  I think it’s a bit too early to think for secondary school.

傻妹

1. First term - 2 tests & 1 exam, Second term – 1 test & 1 exam
   One dictation each week (i.e. this week is Chinese & next week will be English)
The first test was conducted in October and the second test is coming at end of November.  It is okay for me as I treat it as a revision only.  For example, the first test covered Chapter 1 to 3 & the second term will cover chapter 4 to 7.  The first test was not difficult, as I used only one week end to do revision with my son, he can still get over mark 90 for every subjects. As it is the first test, I believe the teacher would like to make easier than the normal one, so don’t take it as a typical example.

2. Only one project for P.1 student, my son has completed the cover page at school and no parent participation is required up till now.

3. My son doesnt join the tutorial class but some of his classmates do. Their comments are positive.

Rgds
Ms.Lee

5#
發表於 04-11-9 10:50 |顯示全部帖子

Hi All

1. Regarding the school activities / homework / exam / test, I would say it is busy but not so difficult.

2. I believe the Putonghau & English is above the average standard.  Chinese Language class is conducted in Putonghau; English, General Studies & Maths are conducted in English; English Reading & Music by native English teachers, so what can you say?  A very good language environment is provided, but it doesn't mean every students can have very good Eng / Putonghua standard.  The student's ability and the family cultivation are affected and made the difference.

3. My son's class size: 29

Ms. Lee

6#
發表於 04-11-9 14:26 |顯示全部帖子

1. According to the principal, standard class size is 36, but they would like to keep down the class size for P.1 to 30, for better care of small kid.  The class size will be adjusted to normal at P.2 or above.  It is the arrangement of last year, but I am not sure the arrangement of this year.

2. TT is definately not a famous or popular school, but if TT is not welcomed by parents, it is impossible to open 5 classes P.1 this year, provided we have paid for it.

7#
發表於 04-11-17 10:25 |顯示全部帖子

一生一體藝 -> the school encourage student to learn one musical instrument and one sport activities, but they are not complusary.  

The school subsidized some courses and made them half price as compared to the market charge.  For example, $48/swim lesson.  Though the school encourages student to participate in music & sports activities, but the teacher as well as the principal do often remind the parent to do suitable arrangement according to the ability of the child.  They are additional, optional, not complusary. Therefore, parent should not be over reacted to 一生一體藝.

There are one complusary interest class at the last lesson on Friday (2:30 - 3:30), my son joined the magic class.  It costed me around $900 per school term.  You can chose reading or some group playing, then it will not cost you any.

For after school interest class, the school offers various classes from Monday to Sat, you could join some if you like. Not Complusary.  My son only joins the English Play Station at Sat which is free of charge.

If you don't join the after school interest class, you can go striaght to the tutorial class from 3:30 to 6:30.  If you have to join the interest class that day, then you can also join the tutorial class after the interest class at 4:30.

Ms. Lee

8#
發表於 04-11-18 17:30 |顯示全部帖子

-> Free Friday Activities
Free group activities are lead by school teacher and therefore no extra charge is required.  I cannot remember all but it seems activities like reading, story telling, singing, music appreciation...........are offered free of charge.

-> Tuturial Class
According to some parents, they concentrate on doing homework, revision for dictations / tests etc.
They will provide extra exercise if  the student finished all of the above.  Some parents may prepare one story book for their childred in case they have spare time.  

9#
發表於 04-11-19 13:35 |顯示全部帖子

傻妹

You're right, the activities for long holiday starts from 10:00 am.  As you're a working mum, you must find somebody to back up.  School holidays are far more than public holidays.

How about not joining the tutorial class but keep the maid.  Is that possible?

Rgds

10#
發表於 04-11-23 12:37 |顯示全部帖子

傻妹

I'm a working mum.  唔做邊有錢!!!

Don't worry, I believe it is not difficult to hire temporary helper to take care of your girl in case of long holiday.

Ms. Lee

11#
發表於 04-11-26 13:42 |顯示全部帖子

傻妹

Last year, my maid took 2 weeks holidays and I empolyed one local temporary helper from Retraining Council.  $2500 for 10days (7am - 7pm).

Ms Lee
‹ 上一主題|下一主題