搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 SJC Interview
查看: 8578|回覆: 116
go

SJC Interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-10-5 17:41 |只看該作者

SJC Interview

Is there any SJC parent here who still remembers what questions were asked during the interview?  If so, please provide some tips, if any.  Thanks.

2#
發表於 04-10-5 17:50 |只看該作者

Re: SJC Interview

danielboy,

The child has to go inside the room alone.

I am at 10:00am on 30/10, how about you?

KelvinMaMa

3#
發表於 04-10-5 18:05 |只看該作者

KelvinMaMa,

Well, if that is the case, my son will fail for sure especially this is going to be his first interview.  Mine is at 11:00am.  

4#
發表於 04-10-5 21:34 |只看該作者

I went in the classroom to have interview with my daughter last year.

I posted the following under the topic "SJC chatroom".  Anyway, I posted it again.

I applied to interview in Cantonese.  But the teacher began to interview in English after my daughter, Jocelyn, answered the question in English.

Questions:
(in Cantonese)
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Oh your dress is beautiful.  What is the colour of your dress?
Jocelyn answered "Red"

(change to English)
- Showed Jocelyn a picture and asked
'What are the things that you will not see in the park?
(a table, a cupboard and a chair)
- Showed Jocelyn a book of Zoo and asked
'What is this' (pointed to the picture)
'Do you know how many lions are there?'
Then Jocelyn counted.
- The teacher turned to another page and asked the same questions.  Jocelyn answered it.  After the teacher turned to the next page, Jocelyn started to told the teacher the animal and counted them by herself, no need for the teacher to ask questions, until finished the book.
- Then the teacher say Goodbye to her.  Of course, Jocelyn say Goodbye, too.

The teacher was very nice and positive.  She always said "Very good".  I believed it's the reasons why Jocelyn performed excellent (unexpected) in the interview.

I saw there was another book about a Park.  As I remembered, some parent posted that there were questions on colour and shapes in SJC interview last year in BK.

The interview was on 15 Nov 03 and I got the letter of acceptance on 19 Nov 03.  BTW, I knew that there were also interviews on 8 Nov and 22 Nov.

Hope this can help.
囡囡最愛作弄我,叫我"貓貓 哈!哈!哈!"

5#
發表於 04-10-6 00:13 |只看該作者

Mau Mau,

Tks your information, that is very useful.

I still have some questions, hope you can help me.

- Will they also ask the parent question?
- Is SJC a 傳統教學 or 活動教學?
- 是否很快要寫字及黙書?

Tks.

KelvinMaMa

6#
發表於 04-10-6 00:15 |只看該作者

MauMau,

Thank you very much indeed.  If I can accompany my son, then he should be fine.  May I know whether only one parent is allowed to stay with the child?  My son should also have no problem with those questions being asked.  He is a bilingual child and I have been doing similar things with him almost everyday for the past 9 months.  The only fear is his "玩野" character.  If he is not in the mood, it can turn out to be a total disaster.  I just have to keep my fingers crossed.  

7#
發表於 04-10-6 04:18 |只看該作者

KelvinMaMa,

- Will they also ask the parent question?
   No

- Is SJC a 傳統教學 or 活動教學?
   活動教學

- 是否很快要寫字及黙書?
  As I was told, 寫字及黙書 will start at K2 but there will be some 線條練習 in the second term of K1.

MauMau
囡囡最愛作弄我,叫我"貓貓 哈!哈!哈!"

8#
發表於 04-10-6 04:25 |只看該作者

danielboy,

Last year, only one parent is allowed to stay with the child.  I don't know whether they will still allow parent to stay with the child this year.

Not like other school's interview, the kids no need to queue up to wait for the interview.  SJC allow the kids to play in the playground until their turns.  Teachers will call the name of the kid from the microphone and guide him/her to the room for interview.  So no need to worry about his mood.

MauMau
囡囡最愛作弄我,叫我"貓貓 哈!哈!哈!"

9#
發表於 04-10-7 16:08 |只看該作者

danielboy:
我o地都係11:00!

MauMau:
有人話學校冇足夠地方比小朋友瞓覺! 係咪真o架?
又話學校行政不公開, 連每日餐單都唔願透露, 係咪真有其事呢?
全日學費幾錢? 有冇半日o架?
Thanks! (Sorry for so many questions!)

10#
發表於 04-10-8 15:15 |只看該作者

As I remember , the teacher show a picture with empty living room, bed room, dinning roon ....etc.
She asked my daughter to place the right furniture in to the right room. My daughter is very happy and she answered in English, beause the teacher asked whether she speak English or Chinese. They allow them to choose. The teacher said they going to learn English in school . They're not worry about there English.

The teacher is very nice, they are so polite . :

There are many kind of people in the world. It's better for you to find out the trueth yourself. Honestly, I really do think SJC is an ideal school. My daughter is very happy in school.

11#
發表於 04-10-8 15:25 |只看該作者

As I remember , the teacher show a picture with empty living room, bed room, dinning roon ....etc.
She asked my daughter to place the right furniture in to the right room. My daughter is very happy and she answered in English, beause the teacher asked whether she speak English or Chinese. They allow them to choose. The teacher said they going to learn English in school . They're not worry about there English.

There are different people in the world! It's better for you to find out the truth yourself. My daughter do enjoy her school life . I think this is an ideal school. I really like the teacher there.They are willing to listen and talk to you.

12#
發表於 04-10-8 19:40 |只看該作者

Celeste 寫道:

There are different people in the world! It's better for you to find out the truth yourself. My daughter do enjoy her school life . I think this is an ideal school. I really like the teacher there.They are willing to listen and talk to you.

Yes, I agree that most of the teachers are very nice and they will talk to you, but it doesn't mean they will 接受你嘅意見, 如果家長唔認同佢policy, 校長会叫你退學, 仲話可以退返D學費比你。(表面上佢話好喜歡同家長溝通)

冇錯呢個世界有不同要求嘅父母, 但係如果你係果種想知道囝囝/囡囡嘅classroom 係点?  有幾多人?  茶点menu可以take 个copy嗎?  或午睡嘅地方如何.......你会有好多好多?????  点解學校唔想比你知? 咁你就要再三考慮吓?      因為之後無論你点反映都好, 學校policy都唔会為你而改變!

13#
發表於 04-10-9 23:28 |只看該作者

其實每一位家長有佢自己嘅睇法,但不明白你為何沒有去看学校?因為我在開学那天是副校長帶我們一班家長去參觀学校的。学校门口有張貼餐單。

14#
發表於 04-10-9 23:48 |只看該作者

SJC is a very commerical and bad school. Do you feel that someone will always said that it's a "GOOD" school. They only respond to "SJC" topic, [size=medium]BE CAREFUL!!!! They are the staff of SJC.

My girl went SJC before, many bad experiences. She could not receive good care from school teachers, body hurt for serveral time. The principal is a bad element, no sense and irreponsible!!!!

Many students leave the school every year!  :evil:

15#
發表於 04-10-10 23:45 |只看該作者

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

16#
發表於 04-10-11 12:34 |只看該作者

我的囝囝入學之前,我都有要求看學校,學校的學習環境和囝囝睡覺的地方,學校也很快便安排到,而且墊褥及睡床都有給我看,我覺得小朋友使用床褥或小床都很好我不明白為何你有如此大反應,而且你又一直說學校沒有回應,但從開學至今,我有事聯絡學校,通常都很快便有負責老師回覆我。。其實,我有個朋友

17#
發表於 04-10-11 13:33 |只看該作者

Why so many new member discuss for this school suddenly? And all of their comments are good.  

18#
發表於 04-10-11 13:51 |只看該作者

angelmami 寫道:
[quote]
Celeste 寫道:

Yes, I agree that most of the teachers are very nice and they will talk to you, but it doesn't mean they will 接受你嘅意見, 如果家長唔認同佢policy, 校長会叫你退學, 仲話可以退返D學費比你。(表面上佢話好喜歡同家長溝通)

冇錯呢個世界有不同要求嘅父母, 但係如果你係果種想知道囝囝/囡囡嘅classroom 係点?  有幾多人?  茶点menu可以take 个copy嗎?  或午睡嘅地方如何.......你会有好多好多?????  点解學校唔想比你知? 咁你就要再三考慮吓?      因為之後無論你点反映都好, 學校policy都唔会為你而改變! [/quote]

Hi angelmami,

I know how you feel as I also talked to the principal. Her behaviour is different from what she talked about in the school's parents day. To be honest, I was happy after I listened to her introduction in the parents day. Seems that she's very willing to listen and response to parents. But that's not true!!!!!
The way she response to my enquiry really shocked me!!!!
I was very very "disappointed" (I think that's a very good word to describe my feeling at that time.).
Try to think very carefully, why they don't want parents to know more about their kids in school!!!!
They even said that a parent-teacher association is not necessary!!!! Almost every kg now is talking about improving communication between school and parents. Why they are moving backwards?
Sorry that I have to tell my friend's story without her consent. Her son had 瘀傷 in his two faces on two separate occasions in the school. It's a very bad hurt and every body would be very surprised that why he fell down in the school so badly. Was he under good care in school? No body knows!

To all mums,
SJC is not a totally bad school. My daughter did improve in her English standard and loved English more. That's the truth. Every parents should select the kg for their kids based on the expectation.  My opinion is that if you decide to let your kid study in this school, do fight for a parent-teacher association to join in the school administration related to your kids' safetly and health.  That's very very important. I don't have the time to struggle with it since my kid is already studying k2.
One more thing, we really don't know the background of those post their "opinion" about the school. It's very obvious that some "always" said the school is bad and some "always" said the school is good. Do use your wisdom.

19#
發表於 04-10-11 19:26 |只看該作者

我本人就十分支持SJC,我很喜歡這所學校,因為囡囡開學至今,不但知識進步了,特別是品行上比以前懂事、明理又有禮貌。
其實學校提議這家長退學,當然這並不是說這位家長有問題,但為什麼學校會有這個提議呢?我想學校少了一個學生,對學校也沒有好處。我想學校不會不重視學生退學吧!所以任何事情都要雙面去看的。
作為家長我希望能與其他家長在網上互通消息,分享小朋友在成長上的心得,作意見交流。單方面有目的惡意批評,我們無需理會,正如我以上所說:我囡囡無論在學業上、品行上有很大的進步,我已經很滿足。
我的囡囡在SJC讀書,有人在網上作不真不實的報導,說得「太離譜了」,我實在是有點生氣,如果我囡囡真的睡在地上,怎麼可能會不懂得說給我聽的呢?這不是侮辱了小朋友的智慧??????

20#
發表於 04-10-11 22:35 |只看該作者

Re: R認涊 SJC Interview

cmama

我諗我哋最初都係一樣嘅原因選擇SJC, 点解退學??? :evil: 因為唔能夠接受有D人可以講一套, 做一套。经常上BK嘅mami 都好smart ga!  緊係知佢係......

Pls check your pm!  I still have something to share! :wink:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題