用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 how to choose school for twins who knows little cant ...
發新帖
查看: 518|回覆: 4
go

how to choose school for twins who knows little cantonese

發表於 08-9-3 22:55 |顯示全部帖子
hi, i am a mother of 3 girls. my twins are 3 yrs old now, they can communicate with others in both putonghua and english quite well but not cantonese. I didn't talk to them in cantonese since i cannot speak fluent cantonese. My husband and mother in law speak both cantonese and putonghua, but they have very limited time staying with the kids.
  I am worried abt my kids' cantonese now since they seems not really understand what teachers and classmates talking abt in their kindergarten.  In my opinion, it would be a lot easier if they went to a school using english and or putonghua as teaching language. eg. 蘇浙, but i become worry again. If they went to a school without cantonese environment, they are not able to learn and practise cantonese.  My twins were born pre-maturely, at my 27weeks' preganency. They suffered a lot during the first two yrs. I don't want to give them too much presure for their school life. What kind of school will you choose for them if you were me? I really need some suggestion from other mothers. Thanks a lot.

發表於 08-9-4 21:20 |顯示全部帖子
if you want them to study chinese, then you should choose those private or DSS schools in which they would use English more often and some Mandarin in Chinese Class.

Otherwise go to international school such as EFS.

發表於 08-9-4 23:24 |顯示全部帖子
You may consider St. Margaret's Co-ed which is a DSS school.

發表於 08-9-6 00:51 |顯示全部帖子
You may consider CKY.  It is a private school that use English and Mandarin as the main teaching language.

發表於 08-9-7 20:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks all. I read many articles here these few days and now i am quite interested in St. Margaret's Co-ed school. I am trying to get more information abt this school.For international schools, my husband doesn't really like them.