真光小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-5-31 20:21 |顯示全部帖子

真光小學

請問知不知窩打老道真光小學何時要註冊及交學費、買校服?

2#
發表於 04-6-2 21:04 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 真光小學

Any parents have kids studying in this school? If so, please advise me the strengths and weaknesses of this school. Please help. Many thanks,

3#
發表於 04-6-3 12:38 |顯示全部帖子

Many thanks,
I saw a banner at the school this morning which invites applications for various grades. I wonder why there are still vacancies as there are only 2 classes each grade. Do U know? I have to make up my mind, KTS or True Light.

4#
發表於 04-6-3 14:28 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks again.

Last week, the school said that they would only inform the kids on the waiting list by mid June. If they don't have sufficient students, they should have informed us earlier. Quite strange Besides, as per the student figures in their website, each class should have 30 students. Not honest???

5#
發表於 04-6-4 09:52 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks Jessica.

So it seems that the school intentionally restricts the no. of students in each class. I agree with your view that this is good to the kids. BTW, do you have any idea in terms of percentage, how many graduates were successfully allocated to the secondary school? And is the secondary school an English school? I can't have such information in either this school's web site and the secondary one's. Would it be any preference to the graduates if they apply for other True Light secondary schools?

Thanks. I got to make up my mind before 8th.

6#
發表於 04-6-4 12:10 |顯示全部帖子

Jessica, 100% thank you! Without your information, I must get into trouble. BTW, (hope you don't mind telling us) are you in the field / a teacher of True Light as you know so much about the True Light group?

Thanks again.

7#
發表於 04-6-4 15:43 |顯示全部帖子

Agreed with what Horas said. To me, English teaching schools may not be suitable for all kids unless their language levels are OK. Besides, with respect, I don't think all the teachers can well present in English, unless they are English (I said English, not British or Americans or Indians or Australians etc.). Sometimes, parents need to think, whether they want an English school (not necessarily Band 1) or a Band 1 Chinese school.

Do the parents think that they have water-proof guarantee (for an English middle school place) if the level of the primary school is on the high side???

My middle school is a reputable one in Kln. The level is pretty difficult. But it is not suitable for those who are not genius like myself. A personal experience! So I want my little girl happy, at least during the forthcoming 6 years.

8#
發表於 04-6-4 19:01 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks both of you! I have been struggling whether my kid should go to True Light or KTS or Tak Nga. I have intentionally kicked away Tak Nga as many parents mentioned that the school life is pretty harsh and the pressure is too heavy for both parent and kid. Besides it is just a half day school.

I got 2 friends whose kids are graduates of KTS. They do recommend me to choose KTS but draw my attention to the fact that KTS does not have linked middle school. I note from KTS's web site that the allocation results of the past few years are quite fluctuating. Of course, I have to admit that in terms of space, environment and possibly the variety of extra-curricular activities, KTS may win.

But I find it difficult to collect information of True Light and really thank Jessica. Up to now, I still love True Light a little bit more, cos. the small class size, the teacher having lunch with kids and the big sisters help the little ones. I think these are the "family feel" mentioned by Jessica. I don't want my kid studying in a "eking Duck" school, cos. the 3 years kindergarten has already caused us too much, in terms of examination pressure etc. But I don't know whether True Light has reasonable extra-curricular activities and whether its teachers would accept active kids. Perhaps, Jessica, please let us know your observations. Besides, does Jessica know whether the campus would be renovated shortly? Is its size reasonably enough for kids' development?

Many thanks again.

9#
發表於 04-6-5 07:21 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks Sim Sim. Given the small no. of students in each grade, it seems that most, if not all, students can be promoted to its linked secondary school. Do you know how many students can be promoted to its English schools (the ones in Tai Hang and Yau Ma Tei) and how many students can be allocated to other English teaching schools? I want to compare these with KTS.

I recalled that on the interview day, there were quite a no. of applicants. The teachers would check the documents with the parents and there was a short chat with them e.g. why you chose us? how much did you know about us? Would it be too distant for you (I live in Yuen Long)? Given the small no. of p.1 places (2 classes / 90 as per the appication form or even around 60 as per the web site information), it was a challenge to get a place. And my little girl is actually on the waiting list after the interview. For your information, I have written several letters to the Principal with attachments of my kid's latest school report, awards / merits etc. and requested her to consider my kid once there is a vacancy. Just the day before I wanted to send the 4th letter, I got a call from the school. I was very excited (luckily I just stopped my car at the car park otherwise ...).

Can you / Jessica tell me more about the school? My kid is an active girl. Sometimes, I feel difficult to ask her concentrated. Would such be OK to teachers? Thanks

10#
發表於 04-6-5 14:56 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks. But I got a stupid question. Can we apply for English teaching middle schools if the kids are studying in so-called Chinese teaching primary schools? If negative, such may explain why it is quite difficult for True Light to get sufficient no. of students (if it is not their intention to keep the size small).

11#
發表於 04-6-6 10:19 |顯示全部帖子

Jessica,

In addition to what we want to know, can you tell us whether all the subjects are teaching in Chinese?

Thanks,

12#
發表於 04-6-15 10:00 |顯示全部帖子

I gave up the place because my kid's teacher said that my kid's character would be more suitable in KTS. Before you register, you may wish to have a look on the secondary school allocation result. This is posted on the notice board near the school office.

13#
發表於 04-6-16 08:55 |顯示全部帖子

Read your pm please.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題