1#
發表於 04-5-24 14:24 |只看該作者

Woodland kindergarten

有成4,5間分校,請問邊間好D?

2#
發表於 04-6-1 10:17 |只看該作者

Re: Woodland kindergarten

Hi,

My husband and I visited the Wan Chai school a few weeks ago as we were considering their Stepping Stone classes.  I copy my conversation with another BK mom below for your reference:

We can see that the school really follows the Montessori approach. They kindergarten is different from others who divide into 3 levels (K1, K2, K3 or nursery, lower Kinder and upper Kinder). The children are simply in the same class with smaller ones learning from older ones and older ones learning to tolerate smaller ones. There are also no strict age limits. They let the children stay in playgroup until they think the children are ready to go to kindergarten. Some may go earlier. Some may go later.

We think this is good because the children (and parents) will have little pressure from exams. They also have their own primary school. For the last 2 years of primary school they will group the children in different levels so as to prepare for transition to the conventional education system.

Mrs. Boyd, the Supervisor, is particularly nice and patient. We were allowed to visit the different classes. Many teachers were foreigners and there was a Mandarin teacher who would come twice a week. The teachers seem experienced. Another good thing is the low student/teach ratio of 1:6 or 1:8. Honestly not many other schools can achieve this ratio.

Overall we like everything but only as a playgroup because it may be quite risky to put our girl here and find out later that it is hard to go back to other schools. Another drawback is that they put the youngest kids in the playgroup on 5th floor, behind the stage of the hall. I don't know why they make the small kids walk so much stairs, even for going to the toilets or to play in the hall.

Our general feeling to the school is quite okay but we already decided to pass it, mainly because of the location and the timing. With classes starting at 8:30am, we really don't know how to arrange for the transportation for our daughter. Cross the harbour is already difficult. To arrive there so early is even more difficult.

3#
發表於 04-6-5 22:41 |只看該作者

Re: Woodland kindergarten

justjust,
Thank you very much for your sharing!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題