發新帖
查看: 2990|回覆: 16
go

國 際 學 校 加 學 費 3-10% [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-5-13 14:19 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
[size=+1]國 際 學 校 加 學 費 3-10%
漢 基 國 際 學 校 下 學 年 將 調 高 學 費 一 成 , 加 幅 較 其 他 學 校 為 高 , 但 校 方 拒 絕 透 露 加 費 原 因 。
  繼早前英基學校協會宣布申請加學費後,多所國際學校亦計畫於下學年調高學費,加幅由百分之三至一成,當中以寶馬山漢基國際學校加幅最高。有國際學校表示,通脹和教職員加薪令成本上漲,須加學費以作彌補。家長組織則指,書簿費和雜費開支都紛紛增加,令國際學校的家長負擔百上加斤。

根據多所國際學校及教育局網頁資料顯示,最少五所國際學校計畫於下學年提高學費,漢基國際學校加幅更高達一成,為眾校之冠。該校半日制幼稚園的全年學費,將由八萬二千多元調高至逾九萬元,小學和中學學費亦分別增加近一萬三千元,令新學年小學學費接近十二萬元,中學則超過十四萬元,但該校發言人接受查詢時,拒絕透露加學費原因。

最少三所國際學校正向教育局申請加學費,九龍塘耀中國際學校發言人表示,小學部已申請調高學費百分之五,新學費將逾十三萬元,幼稚園亦擬於下學年調高學費,但加幅未定,中學部則會凍結學費。發言人解釋,通脹和教職員加薪,為校方調高學費的原因之一。

目前全港學費最貴的香港國際學校,亦計畫把幼稚園至高中的學費,全面調高逾百分之三,新學年半日制幼稚園的全年學費將接近六萬五千元,小學和中學則介乎約十三萬至十五萬元,但校方未有回應加費原因。香港仔的新加坡國際學校,亦擬於下學年調高學費逾百分之四。

於一月展開新學年的九龍塘香港澳洲國際學校,則已調高○八學年的學費,加幅為百分之五,幼稚園至中學全年學費介乎六萬多至十萬多元。該校發言人稱,校方每年會根據通脹和消費者物價指數等調整學費。

東區家長教師會聯會主席甄枝雄指出,國際學校的家長要同時面對加學費、書簿費和雜費,實在是百上加斤,「津貼學校的學生還可以申請學費和書簿費減免,國際學校學生卻不能。」他指,雖說國際學校家長有經濟能力,但負擔已愈見沉重。

2008-05-13

1    0    0    0
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

2#
發表於 08-6-8 17:11 |只看該作者
Looks like most families don't mind the increase.  Personally, I think our govt tries not to interfere unless they receive complaints.

3#
發表於 08-6-9 09:10 |只看該作者
原文章由 fitmum 於 08-6-8 17:11 發表
Looks like most families don't mind the increase.  Personally, I think our govt tries not to interfere unless they receive complaints.

I think no parents would like to pay more fees, but what can we do?  Quit IS and enjoy free education in local schools?  

4#
發表於 08-6-9 10:56 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 WYmom 的文章

price for everything from oil to cooking oil and bus fare increased, salary increase, can't expect teachers' salary remain the same, right?

5#
發表於 08-6-9 19:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 mattsmum 於 08-6-9 10:56 發表
price for everything from oil to cooking oil and bus fare increased, salary increase, can't expect teachers' salary remain the same, right?

Hi, mattsmum,

So are you going to switch your son from local to IS?  Or still keep him in local school next year?

6#
發表於 08-6-16 09:26 |只看該作者

回覆 #4 fitmum 的文章

I think govt will not care about the increase as it in fact wants to withdraw the subvention.  ESF Management will only explain the increase based on the same reasons every year!  

英 基 儲 備 五 億 家 長 反 對 加 費  
  (星島日報報道)英基學校協會轄下學校計畫九月新學年調高學費,遭到逾三百名家長聯署反對。有家長批評,英基未有諮詢家長的情況下,已連續三年加學費,但校方總儲備卻高達五億多元,質疑坐擁豐厚儲備的學校根本毋須加費。校方則指,校方的儲備不足以應付未來基建開支,並強調事前已諮詢家長代表。立法會教育事務委員會議員正聯署,去信要求教育局關注事件。

一批英基家長昨發出聲明,批評學校自○六學年起,連續三年加學費,明年九月更計畫把中小學每年學費調高至近九萬元及五萬八千多元,累積加幅達近一成四及約兩成三。聲明指,已有一名居港十多年的外籍建築專才,在第二次加費後,被逼離港發展。

家長代表之一、香港

大學土木工程系副教授楊德忠表示,已收到三百多家長聯署,將交予教育局及校方,表達他們反對加費的意見。他指,翻查家長教師協會的會議記錄,發現校方於加費前,未曾諮詢家長代表,批評校方「黑箱作業」。另外,他指,英基的儲備在兩年內,由三億六千三百萬元增至○七年度的四億二千萬元,連同資產儲備,更高達五億五千八百萬元,質疑校方無加費壓力。

英基轄下學校獲政府津貼,他指,學校財政報告含糊,質疑校方把部分學費收入,用於興建屬於ESF Educational Services的私立獨立學校,令家長無故把學費投資在私校上。

楊德忠兩名兒子均於美國出生及完成幼稚園,他於十年前回流香港後,安排兒子入讀英基轄下學校,現時每年學費支出十多萬元,他不諱言,正考慮安排兒子赴美升學,「兒子在美國出生,在美國讀書也不如英基般貴」。他亦不排除他會離港發展。他指,本港大學正為「三改四」增聘教員,如中小學教育學費太貴,將成招聘阻力。

英基發言人否認加費前沒諮詢家長,指早已告知家長教師協會有關加費事宜,他又指,○六學年前,英基已凍結學費六年,而儲備不足以應付未來基建開支,因此有需要加費。對於家長質疑校方把學費用於興建私校,他表示,私校值得投資,私校未來亦會把款項歸還英基。

立法會議員張文光透露,正收集立法會教委會的議員簽名,去信教育局反映家長意見,認為當局應要求英基解釋清楚加費理據。

2008-06-16

7#
發表於 08-6-17 22:07 |只看該作者

回覆 #6 WYmom 的文章

Quite to the contrary, HK govt will not cut the subvention unless ESF's school fee is up to private IS level.  That's why we, as parents cannot let ESF raise the fee again (not to mention in such a fast pace).  They have more than enough to cover increase of staff salary but just mismanage their $.  How could they not be able to pay more to the hard-working teachers since their raise of school fee in '05!!!

If we just sit and watch, nothing will happen.  We have to speak out.

Lots of communications have been done with the lawmakers and we gained lots of support.  If there's enough pressure, EDB cannot stand aloof anymore.  IF you r ESF parent, go to their meeting 18-6 (Beacon Hill) and 19-6 (Bradbury) and you'll see not just a few voices.

8#
發表於 08-6-17 22:21 |只看該作者
原文章由 fitmum 於 08-6-17 22:07 發表
Quite to the contrary, HK govt will not cut the subvention unless ESF's school fee is up to private IS level.  That's why we, as parents cannot let ESF raise the fee again (not to mention in such a fa ...

fitmum,

It seems that they only hold those meetings to explain the "reasons" again and again - the bulk of the funds is used for redevelopment of KJS, KGV and Island School which will not benefit my kids at all!

Besides, they also said that they are going to explain the change in govt subvention, which implies that the govt is going to cut the subvention!

I also hope that more parents can write to object.  300 is a small no. to them out of 12000!

9#
發表於 08-6-17 22:22 |只看該作者

回覆 #6 WYmom 的文章

Quite to the contrary, HK govt will not cut the subvention unless ESF's school fee is up to private IS level.  That's why we, as parents cannot let ESF raise the fee again (not to mention in such a fast pace).  They have more than enough to cover increase of staff salary but just mismanage their $.  How could they not be able to pay more to the hard-working teachers since their raise of school fee in '05!!!

If we just sit and watch, nothing will happen.  We have to speak out.

Lots of communications have been done with the lawmakers and we gained lots of support.  If there's enough pressure, EDB cannot stand aloof anymore.  IF you r ESF parent, go to their meeting 18-6 (Beacon Hill) and 19-6 (Bradbury) and you'll see not just a few voices.

10#
發表於 08-6-17 22:39 |只看該作者
WYmom
Just to give u some underlying info, ESF would not have to hold this meeting without pressure from the lawmakers (even EDB infrastructure department which is in charge of ESF affairs) after our approach to them.  That's why I said things can only happen if we speak out.  The meeting will not be "just" another presentation!

After talking to our lawmakers, we have a pretty clear picture that after Arthur Lee left, there's a slim chance for the govt to cut the subvention at all.  We are even now in the position to ask for more (to the level of local school students as we pay tax also; why not deserve to get the same).  As middle class is always the hardest to hit during inflation.  We never are entitled to any social benefits (even the kindergarten voucher scheme which I was really mad about).

You are right that 300 signatures not too much.  But it's the beginning.  Oh, how I wish more parents can be reached and explained the lousiness of HK Govt on handling ESF.  If ESF is not doing the right job, HK Govt is responsible.  We also understand this is a long battle as ESF already stated that there's going to be school fee raise every year (see SCMP).

原文章由 WYmom 於 08-6-17 22:21 發表

fitmum,

It seems that they only hold those meetings to explain the "reasons" again and again - the bulk of the funds is used for redevelopment of KJS, KGV and Island School which will not benefit m ...

11#
發表於 08-6-17 22:49 |只看該作者
WYmom
Just to give u some underlying info, ESF would not have to hold this meeting without pressure from the lawmakers (even EDB infrastructure department which is in charge of ESF affairs) after our approach to them.  That's why I said things can only happen if we speak out.  The meeting will not be "just" another presentation!

After talking to our lawmakers, we have a pretty clear picture that after Arthur Lee left, there's a slim chance for the govt to cut the subvention at all.  We are even now in the position to ask for more (to the level of local school students as we pay tax also; why not deserve to get the same).  As middle class is always the hardest to hit during inflation.  We never are entitled to any social benefits (even the kindergarten voucher scheme which I was really mad about).

You are right that 300 signatures not too much.  But it's the beginning.  Oh, how I wish more parents can be reached and explained the lousiness of HK Govt on handling ESF.  If ESF is not doing the right job, HK Govt is responsible.  We also understand this is a long battle as ESF already stated that there's going to be school fee raise every year (see SCMP).

原文章由 WYmom 於 08-6-17 22:21 發表

fitmum,

It seems that they only hold those meetings to explain the "reasons" again and again - the bulk of the funds is used for redevelopment of KJS, KGV and Island School which will not benefit m ...

12#
發表於 08-6-17 23:17 |只看該作者
續 有 家 長 反 對 加 費 英 基 明 日 解 畫  

逾 三 百 名 英 基 家 長 聯 署 , 反 對 校 方 下 學 年 加 學 費 , 英 基 本 周 會 與 家 長 會 面 作 出 回 應 。  

(星島日報報道)逾三百名英基學校協會的家長日前聯署,反對校方下學年加學費,昨日再有逾二十名家長加入聯署行動。

除加學費外,部分家長亦對英基行政甚多不滿,如有屬下中學要求所有家長付出逾萬元購買手提電腦,卻只可於校內使用。英基將於明日及後日舉行諮詢會,回應家長的意見。

英基早前宣布,中小學的學費將於下學年分別調高百分之五及百分之七,近三年累積加幅達一成四及兩成三,逾三百名英基家長日前發起聯署,反對學校加學費,並已向立法會教育事務委員會申訴。聯署行動聯絡人楊德忠表示,昨日再接到二十多名家長的電郵,響應聯署行動,當中有家長已決定下學年轉校,但也有聯署表達不滿。

他又指,

家長對英基行政亦有不滿,如有南島學校的家長指,校方要求所有家長付出逾萬元,購買手提電腦讓學生作學習及做功課之用,以減輕學生書包重量,但電腦只能於學校使用。有家長亦指,港島學校為讓教師參與國際文憑課程(IB)的培訓,逢周三均提早一小時下課,學生整學年便損失數十小時的課時。

楊德忠續稱,英基近年把不少課程外判,如性教育課程、科學活動等過往屬免費的活動,現時須收取數十元費用,「學校亦無講清楚情況,家長以為是額外課程,但原來不參加,學生那堂便無課可上,要到電腦室玩」。他指將約見教育局官員表達意見。

英基發言人重申,校方在加學費前經過廣泛諮詢,而校方本周將舉行兩場諮詢會,回應家長的關注事項。他並呼籲,家長若對學校行政有不滿,可通過現有渠道作反映,並應指出具體事實及證據,讓校方能作出跟進。

2008-06-17

13#
發表於 08-6-19 09:33 |只看該作者
May I ask would the "high percentage" of increase affect the existing student or only the new student for each year?

Say for example, if the school fee increased by say, 10% from 2007 to 2008?  Does it mean it apply to all (new and old) students?  If so, how can the parents afford the difference especially we dont have the same percentage increase from our salary??????

原文章由 medocb52 於 08-6-17 23:17 發表
續 有 家 長 反 對 加 費 英 基 明 日 解 畫  

逾 三 百 名 英 基 家 長 聯 署 , 反 對 校 方 下 學 年 加 學 費 , 英 基 本 周 會 與 家 長 會 面 作 出 回 應 。  

(星島日報報道)逾三百名英基學校協會的家 ...

14#
發表於 08-6-19 10:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 Lorry 於 08-6-19 09:33 發表
May I ask would the "high percentage" of increase affect the existing student or only the new student for each year?

Say for example, if the school fee increased by say, 10% from 2007 to 2008?  Does  ...

It is affecting all students, old and new.  The high increase is unreasonable and becoming unaffordable.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 08-6-19 10:06 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 08-6-19 11:05 |只看該作者
thanks WYmon, poor us.....

原文章由 WYmom 於 08-6-19 10:05 發表

It is affecting all students, old and new.  The high increase is unreasonable and becoming unaffordable.

16#
發表於 08-6-19 11:42 |只看該作者
ESF already said it very clearly the increase is on-going as inflation is calculated.  We understand reasonable % is acceptable but not such a rip off especially it's so clear they have bad expense budgeting.  They avoided giving clear answer to our questions during last night's meeting.  

In fact, some foreign families already left last school term and some will leave due to unaffordable financial burden.

Go to [email protected] to express your viewpoint even just a sentence or 2.  We need to show ESF they cannot let it slip this time.

原文章由 Lorry 於 08-6-19 09:33 發表

Say for example, if the school fee increased by say, 10% from 2007 to 2008?  Does  ...

17#
發表於 08-6-19 14:10 |只看該作者
原文章由 fitmum 於 08-6-19 11:42 發表
ESF already said it very clearly the increase is on-going as inflation is calculated.  We understand reasonable % is acceptable but not such a rip off especially it's so clear they have bad expense bu ...

Yes.  Just like to correct a minor typo of the website to offer support to object fee increase, it should be:

[email protected]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題