教育王國 討論區 初中教育 Comment on La Salle College
發新帖
查看: 2845|回覆: 10
go

Comment on La Salle College [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-24 14:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear parents and students,

I would like to find out more about La Salle College. I like this school and recognize that it is a top school with good academic and ECA (extra curricular activities) results. I like to find out more but can't see any open days where I can get close contact with current students and other parents.

Here are my questions:

1. How do you like the studying atmosphere and environment? Are there lots of homework, etc?

2. Are there lots of competitive pressure from peers on academic and ECA?

3. I notice that the school facilities are partly supported by donations from existing and old boys, etc. Is there pressure from peer classmates to donate for the school?

4. I feel that the school (maybe same as other top schools) are keen to get awards and add fame to the school. Are there pressure and/or motivation from the school to join public competition?

5. Any general feeling about the school is welcome.

Thanks
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-4-25 18:11 |只看該作者
My comments to your questions in bold below:

it is a top school with good academic and ECA (extra curricular activities) results - they are not really good in academic. DBS, Wah Yan, Wong Yan are far better than Lasalle, but are good in extra curricular activities

Here are my questions:

1. How do you like the studying atmosphere and environment? Very good. Are there lots of homework, etc? Students have plenty of free time, not much pressure on homework as compared to other traditional famous schools

2. Are there lots of competitive pressure from peers on academic and ECA?

3. I notice that the school facilities are partly supported by donations from existing and old boys, etc. Is there pressure from peer classmates to donate for the school?
No pressure on donations.  I like this school better than DBS because DBS require donations! (heard that it's 0.5m if you want to secure a place!)

4. I feel that the school (maybe same as other top schools) are keen to get awards and add fame to the school. Are there pressure and/or motivation from the school to join public competition?
I can see that the awards are more on sports, than academic.  Actually all schools are the same, they will accept students with bad academic  results, but very good in sports.

5. Any general feeling about the school is welcome.

3#
發表於 08-4-27 12:20 |只看該作者
「喇沙成績不及其他名男校」已是很多年前的事,近年喇沙會考人均奪A數目絕不遜色,雖然不及DGS、St Paul's Co-edu及皇仁,但與DBS比就不相伯仲或更好,比很多名女校如Maryknoll、St Mary's等還要高,港九華就更加不用說了。以上數字在網上廣泛流傳,不難證實。

不用擔心捐款,隨緣樂助,有能力捐一些,無能力也沒有壓力。反而同學間總會有富裕一點的,朋輩間比較的壓力可能會比校方的壓力更大。但喇沙有千多名學生,由大富大貴到草根階層都有代表,學生總可以找到自己的立足點。

學校鼓勵參加ECA的方法是令到參加的同學有滿足感,很少會像其他學校「迫」學生參加,讀得喇沙,自然會受氣氛感染,想「做點大事」,對學生是一個好的推動力。

原文章由 c-wong 於 08-4-25 18:11 發表

it is a top school with good academic and ECA (extra curricular activities) results - they are not really good in academic. DBS, Wah Yan, Wong Yan are far ...

4#
發表於 08-4-27 15:49 |只看該作者
其他學校我唔知, 但好肯定華仁成績一定唔及La Salle College, 呢幾年2間華仁academic都drop緊...

bad academic result but good in sports 都唔一定收除非sports勁到係全港第一or第二 (因第一果個可能已比男拔收左)..而佢哋成績亦都未必差...好似趙頌熙咁..成績好sports又叻

原文章由 c-wong 於 08-4-25 18:11 發表

it is a top school with good academic and ECA (extra curricular activities) results - they are not really good in academic. DBS, Wah Yan, Wong Yan are far ...

[ 本文章最後由 鳳梨 於 08-4-27 15:57 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-4-28 12:46 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 08-5-3 18:12 |只看該作者

「喇沙成績不及其他名男校」 

我仔仔在 SFA  考50名內, 佢只是 Football Team member,  無學music, 有無机會入喇沙呢?

7#
發表於 08-5-4 23:02 |只看該作者
wendylimb,

我係你就猜左先算啦,唔得又無蝕底既,得之,我幸,不得,我命,如是而已.....下馬?

原文章由 wendylimb 於 08-5-3 18:12 發表
我仔仔在 SFA  考50名內, 佢只是 Football Team member,  無學music, 有無机會入喇沙呢?

8#
發表於 08-9-11 14:29 |只看該作者
Hi c-wong and BillyM,

Are you a La Salle mama?  I am looking for La Salle mamas to share with their experience of
studying in LSC.

From this year's result, LS got 4 10As students and more than thrity "尖子", can we say that it's the best result among other top schools?

9#
發表於 08-9-12 12:22 |只看該作者
Many school won't release their HKCEE results so it's hard to say who's the best.  But with the most 10A's and almost a class of EAS-eligible students, nobody can say they're not one of the best, if not THE best.

I've heard arguments that almost half of the As that LSC achieved are from the one "elite" class only.  That's probably true.  But if one takes away that elite class and their As, and divide the remaining As among the rest of the students, that figure is still quite respectable.  How many schools can take away their best class and still achieve such figures?  Not many, I'm sure.

Studying in LSC is much more than achieving As.  Even if the school may not be the best academic-wise, what it can provide to the students is superb.  And the prestige which comes with the identity of being a Lasalian stays with the student for the rest of his life.

原帖由 mother-wendy 於 08-9-11 14:29 發表
Hi c-wong and BillyM,

Are you a La Salle mama?  I am looking for La Salle mamas to share with their experience of
studying in LSC.

From this year's result, LS got 4 10As students and more than thrit ...

10#
發表於 08-9-13 10:40 |只看該作者
Hi BillyM,

Thanks for your reply.  Please check PM

11#
發表於 08-9-16 09:26 |只看該作者
Hi BillyM,

Thanks for your reply.  Please check PM.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題