搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 在美加讀醫科,回港要什樣才可以行醫?
發新帖
查看: 2271|回覆: 4
go

在美加讀醫科,回港要什樣才可以行醫? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-15 23:14 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
朋友小兒在美加讀醫科,但原來回港好像要再考試才可以行醫? 是否如此?  可否幫忙提供有關資料.

Thanks a lot!
   0    0    0    0
**法國Bioderma謢膚品**特賣代理[有興趣pm我]

2#
發表於 08-5-8 12:08 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 朱仔媽咪 的文章

Yes, he need to pass the license exam first.
Then he'll need to repeat the internship here in Hong Kong.
If an institute (eg University hospital) accepts him, he may be granted a temporary license to practice within the Institute without exam.
But if he wants to practice outside the Institute, he'll need to take the exam like everyone else.

3#
發表於 08-7-24 12:29 |只看該作者
These days, it would be quite tough for a US/Canada medical grad to obtain a trainee position under HK's hospital authority (HA) system.  In recent years, HK med schools produce more graduates than HA can absorb.    Even if vacancy is available, prority tends to be given to UK grads.  After all, the HK med education system resembles the UK one.  Under the UK system, one can start med school after finishing Form 7.  In most N. American med schools, however, one needs to have a first degree (B.S. or B.A.) prior to starting med school.  There are more discrepancies when it comes to practicing medicine between the two systems.

4#
發表於 09-5-15 02:03 |只看該作者
I heard only GCSE get 9A or above, chinese is a must, can get in medical in HKU or CU, is this true? What about in UK, my daughter want to be a doctor when she grow up, she study in International school Y7 now, I am worry now..

5#
發表於 09-5-15 09:40 |只看該作者
In my days, you needed 2 languages at O-level to apply to HKU, English was a must but Chinese O-level was not considered to be up to standard.
So if you offered Chinese as your 2nd language, you would need A-level Chinese (of course you could offer French, Spanish, German or other languages' O-level instead).
Mind you, that was decades ago so you better check with the authority to varify the present situation.
Anyhow, if your kid wants to do medicine, don't send her abroad (unless you are prepared for her not to return to Hong Kong).
Many students from UK boarding schools are now applying back to HKU for medicine.
Yes, you can graduate abroad & take the licensing exam to come back afterwards, but training posts are extremely hard to come by.
Afterall, the 2 medical schools in Hong Kong are pumping out >300 doctors a year and HA will need to give priority to these local graduates first, understandable since the taxpayers have spent so much training them!

原帖由 NLai 於 09-5-15 02:03 發表
I heard only GCSE get 9A or above, chinese is a must, can get in medical in HKU or CU, is this true? What about in UK, my daughter want to be a doctor when she grow up, she study in International scho ...

[ 本帖最後由 mow-mow 於 09-5-15 10:34 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題