搜索
教育王國 討論區 升中派位 DGS vs SPCC
發新帖
查看: 4780|回覆: 13
go

DGS vs SPCC [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-2-23 17:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Diocesan Girl's School and St Paul's Co-education College, Which one do you prefer? Any opinions?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-2-23 18:00 |只看該作者

DGS VS SPCC

Two schools are the best secondary school
in Hong Kong.
I prefer DGS most.

Regards

3#
發表於 08-2-23 18:13 |只看該作者
Congrulations that you have got the offer from DGS.  Is it necessary to give up your P6 identification card during
registration?  If this is the case, will your daughter still
have  the chance of the interview in SPCC ?

The game will not permit you to consider both schools at the same time.  Am I right?

4#
發表於 08-2-23 20:10 |只看該作者
Yes, Is it necessary to give up your P6 identification card during registration?  But no need show the P6 identification card during interview in SPCC ?

5#
發表於 08-2-23 21:47 |只看該作者

DGS VS SPCC

My cases same as KK.Ma,
I will register DGS on next week,
By the way, I will give up the
interview of SPCC on 1-March.

Good luck

6#
發表於 08-2-23 22:29 |只看該作者
KKMa,

Which school will you choose if both DGS/SPCC offer your daughter a F1 place?

And what if you prefer SPCC but you'd already submit
your P6 SRN card to DGS, how do you get it back?   Will DGS send the SRN to EBD immediate after Feb. 29?

Thanks,

原文章由 KK.Ma 於 08-2-23 20:10 發表
Yes, Is it necessary to give up your P6 identification card during registration?  But no need show the P6 identification card during interview in SPCC ?

7#
發表於 08-2-23 23:24 |只看該作者
Congratulations to all successful applicants applying for
DGS including my daughter. I will also register at DGS
next week and will not attend the interview at SPCC
becuase the result will only be annouced on 10.3.2008.
How can I give up this valuable place at DGS as I cannot
guarantee my daughter's application at SPCC will be
successful. See you all soon at DGS.:loveliness: Do you mind
telling me which primary schools your daughters are
studying. My daughter is studying at GHS.

8#
發表於 08-2-23 23:51 |只看該作者

DGS

I prefer SPCC.

9#
發表於 08-2-24 00:08 |只看該作者

回覆 #7 pekkle_2007 的文章

My daughter is studying at
ccc Kei Wan (Aldrich Bay).

By the way, let us join and meet
together here first enable us can pass
the information to each others .
As our daughter may be at the same
class. They will be classmate

Regards

[ 本文章最後由 Jcmichelle 於 08-2-24 00:09 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 08-2-24 18:27 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 sc_mother 的文章

Don't worry, I understand that even if you have registered with DGS, you should be able to get back you P.6 identification form from DGS later (of course tactfully). Therefore, just register with DGS first and decide later. Maybe you can try search the past posts as we have quite some discussions around this time last year.

Maybe I can share with you my experience. Last year we faced the same dilemma, considering whether to go for DGS or SPCC (we try to compare whether DGS or SPCC is better).

Eventually we chose DGS because my daughter preferred it. Now almost 1 year had passed and my daughter said she had made the right choice and she strongly recommended her school to you. As parents, we never know whether we have made the best choce because we don't know what will happen if she joins SPCC.  

The only comment I have with DGS is that there may be less personal attention in class than SPCC. There are around 45 students in one class. For English, Chiness and Maths, students are divided into 7 sets (i.e. about 30 students in one set) whereas there are around 30 students in one class in SPCC divided into 9 sets (i.e. 20 odd in one set). Nevertheless, this should not be the reason for giving up DGS.

I personally think that if your daughter is an outgoing and active girl, DGS should be a good choice as it will help her to develop her potentials.  

No doubt, both are very good schools and we all know entering either one will be good enough.

Just a suggestion: if you agree that either one is good enough, then why don't you let your kids to choose? Anyway, it is them who will stay there for their secondary school life.

[ 本文章最後由 哈姆太郎 於 08-2-24 18:30 編輯 ]
夢,使軟弱的人堅強起來

11#
發表於 08-2-24 19:46 |只看該作者
Thankyou for the opinions of all BK mamas. Yet, I am still 15/16 ......

12#
發表於 08-2-24 20:56 |只看該作者
哈姆太郎 :

Thanks for your comment and you give us a very good insight.  However, may I ask more about how to get the P6 Student Record back from DGS "tactfully" you meant?  

Thanks again!

13#
發表於 08-2-25 09:06 |只看該作者
Hi,
I will register at DGS tomorrow. But I am still wondering if my daughter should attend the SPCC interview or not.

14#
發表於 08-2-25 13:51 |只看該作者
I think it is worthwhile to attend SPCC interview even
though you have already got the offer from DGS as it will serve as a piece of valuable experience and let you have a more clear picture of SPCC. Of course, you should register DGS first.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題