教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Think International School
發新帖
樓主: leshita
go

Think International School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-6-16 09:20 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Think International School

My son is going to attend nusery class in Think (Mei Fu) in the coming August. Do you know which phonatic system they are using (e.g Letterland, Jollyphonic)? And do they have the pratice like Laguan City that kids from K1 could take English class in the a.m session and billigual in the p.m?

Thanks in advance.

2#
發表於 04-6-17 09:11 |顯示全部帖子

Maria_lai,

My son will attend pre-nusery a.m. class starting from 9 August. Hope he will be ok.

3#
發表於 04-7-7 09:22 |顯示全部帖子

rdc888,

Nice to meet you. We have so much to talk about when they go to school. Is your dauther attending the playgroup in Think(Meifoo)?How do you find the teachers?

4#
發表於 04-7-8 09:10 |顯示全部帖子

rdc888,

My son also attends AM pre-nusery class. Are you going to the briefing this Saturday?

5#
發表於 04-8-4 09:55 |顯示全部帖子

可否講下8月大家會係那間分效,那一班,看看有否同學仔呀:

美孚:
----
rdc888
Siuming - Hei Hei (LNA-AM)
小奇媽媽 - Long Long (LN-AM)

馬鞍山:
----
Leshita -- Angel (LNE)

九龍塘:
----

藍田:
---

6#
發表於 04-8-25 09:24 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, wet_wet_2,

My boy is now studying at Think Mei Foo. What is the details of the whole day program in Kln Tong School? I thought all the branches share the same program. According to the headmaster, we can choose bilingual in the morning and English class in the afternoon starting from K1. I wonder what's the difference between Kln Tong and other branches.

Please enlighten me. Thanks

7#
發表於 04-8-30 09:39 |顯示全部帖子

maria_lai

My son has attended the school for three weeks now. He likes it very much and never cry once (actually he cried on the first Saturday for he couldn't go to school). The teacher is very nice and phone me every day for the first two weeks.

rdc888,

Is your daughter in Ms Lai's class? What's the name of your daughter?We might have met.

8#
發表於 04-9-3 16:56 |顯示全部帖子

rdc888,siuming,

When I visited Think Mei Fu last year, they told me that they had English session every day for 2-year-old class. That's why I choose them instead of other local good nuseries. Now they tell me English sessions are only available two days a week becasue the teacher who is newly recruited from UK has to go to MOS campsite on the other three days.  I am very disappointed.

mummies at other campsites ,

Does your kid have English session every day at nusery?

P.S
And their school bus service is really terrible.
The first day, 45min late in the morning, 30min late on the return trip;
2nd day: 30min late in the morning, one and a half hours late for home;
3rd day:30min late for school, 40min late for home;

This is because the  Mei Fu School bus needs to take students to Kowloon Tong first before picking up students to Meifu. And the principal still consider this is OK. She addresses the problem by switching the schoolbus to a small one only. But the problem is the route instead of the bus size. This principal is really something.

I am just so disappointed with the school!!!!!

9#
發表於 04-9-4 10:47 |顯示全部帖子

Dear BBmummy,

You are so lucky to have an English teacher throughout the week after transition period. According to the teacher in Meifu, the practice (englsih session two days a week) will prevail for the whole year unless they can have two more nusery classes in January. Btw, which campsite does your kid go to ?

Do you think it's useful talking to the headmaster ? It's her decision after all. It seems to me she is more like a businesswoman than an educationist.

10#
發表於 04-9-6 12:26 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

The principal clarified that an English teacher will be assigned to Meifu five days a week starting from January. This is not the best solution, but better than nothing.

Maria_Lai,

Thanks for your concern. Today the school bus is only five minutes late which is acceptable. I hope last week's chaos has finished for good.

11#
發表於 04-9-7 09:09 |顯示全部帖子

maria_lai,

So far there are 22 students ( a.m. class) divided into two classes. I live in Tai Kok Tsui.

12#
發表於 04-10-29 09:55 |顯示全部帖子

Maria_lai,

Hi, my boy is doing fine. But recently I am thinking if I should transfer him to Kowloon Victoria on the ground that the latter can proveide better Englsih exposure. Do other parents have any comment?Can anyone tell me that if their kids can speak Engish in a comlete sentence  after 4 years in Think?

13#
發表於 04-12-1 09:38 |顯示全部帖子

朗思的普通話由k2開始,每星期只有半小時,相比起其他學費相若的國際幼稚園,如樂基,維多利亞由nusery班開始,每天至少有20分鐘相比, 相差實在太遠啦!!

很多育兒書均提及2-6歲是小孩習語言的黃金時期,我們應好好把握. 我覺得k2才開始,而且只有半小時,實在是太少了!

我會致電校長,向她提出我的看法.希望各位子女就讀朗思的家長也能向校長反映你們對此安排的意見.

上一次英文老師事件,也是由於眾多家長反映意見得以改善.我相信只要我們同一陣線,她是會聽我們意見的.

14#
發表於 04-12-6 09:40 |顯示全部帖子

Hi,

I am so glad that many of you share my concern.

Leshita,

It's hanlf an hour on one day each week.

BBmummy and WYmum,

Honestly, I am also now considering to change my boy (LN now) to another school, i.e Victoria Ho Man Tin. They have Madarin lesson for 20 minutes every day; good reputation in bringing up billingual kids; more systematic both in administration and syllabus;
tuition fee is more or less the same.

The point is , Think is still my first choice because:

-The teacher is very good (though there will be another one in K1);
-My son is very happy there;
-I am planning to change him to whole day class, change of environment might be a problem;
-For whole day class, Think can provide more English exposure. (they can offer international class in the morning and one-hour Chinese class in the afternoon)

So, Putonghua is my main concern. I really want to persuade the Principal to offer more Putonghua lessons. This is the right thing to do because other schools charged more or less the same tuition fee offer Putonghua from LN class. Think is quite weak in this aspect.

I hope all of you would call the principal and express your concern. This might help change her mind and give our kids better education. (of course, I will benefit because I can make the choice easily )

15#
發表於 04-12-6 13:20 |顯示全部帖子

WYmom,
You're quick. The principal replied, through a 主任, that it's a good idea and she will think about it. I told Ms Liu that I am hoping for PTH every day instead of twice a week. She said a PTH teacher stationed in MF is needed in that case (now they are sharing a teacher with another campus). She said she would talk to me once the arrangement is confirmed.
Therefore, nothing is confirmed.

Other mums, pls call the principal as well so that she will take our request seriously.

As for Primary School, I think the performance of the kid at interview is above everything, school reputation only counts a bit.  Ms Liu said their students can speak complete English sentence. I once asked for comments from parents of graduates but to no avail.  For me, I'll stay if they can offer better PTH course.

Let's make a list on who's studying in MeiFoo Think.
Thx!

maria_lai......Ki Sum......LN (join from Jan05)
小奇媽媽-Longlong-LN

16#
發表於 04-12-7 11:56 |顯示全部帖子

Mis Liu confirmed that there will be two 30min PTH sessions per week for K1 whole day class. It's still not good enough. But we need to pay $550 reservation fee now.

Btw, can any moms tell me what's the books fee for? Do they have a book list which valued at $1020 or part of the money goes to the school?  

17#
發表於 04-12-7 14:00 |顯示全部帖子

WYmom,

Thanks. I will clarify on the day of interview.May I know your grounds for letting your kid staying in Think?

If my boy attends whole day class, i.e a.m. international class pm billigual class, they charge me $5000 tuition fee as an international stream student(whole day billigual class is $4500).
However, for the books fee, they charge me $1196(for K2 or K3) as a billigual student (international stream is only $1000).
It seems we are charged as whichever is higher. That's why I wonder if the books fee is the exact cost of the books.

18#
發表於 04-12-10 09:06 |顯示全部帖子

WYmom,

Sure, I'll pay first. Actually most probably I'll let my kikd stay in Think.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題