用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SWCK - ESF Kindergarten (Sheung Wan)
樓主: piggyloo
go

SWCK - ESF Kindergarten (Sheung Wan) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-1-11 17:20 |只看該作者
my daughter started at SWCK from dec2006 (at that time she's in K1) already, so she had been in SWCK more than 1 yr.......that's why i'm so concern on the problem as she's in SWCK for a while already.....

so any parents in SWCK can share with me on the experienced for entered to ESF primary? is that SWCK students (chinese that's mother language's not english but can communicate in english very well) can easy to enter ESF primary (HK side)? as i know every year at the dec or jan....there always have the ESF primary teachers to visit the SWCK.....i dont know if they r picking the candidates to enter the ESF primary? if yes, is that mean even SWCK also have the higher priority as ESF kindergarten for enter the ESF primary?

i'm thinking if really not much different (i mean the chance to enter ESF primary) between SWCK and ESFSW....then very possible i can let my daughter stay in SWCK....

anyway i'm asked to have an visit to the ESFSW kindergarten at 21jan pm....so see if my daughter like that environment.....

22#
發表於 08-1-12 11:52 |只看該作者
As outlined in their last newsletter, most of the K2 children (over 95%) go to ESF primary school.  The kindy will have a special arrangement with these primary schools for their interviewing personnel to visit the kindy first prior to the school-based scheduled interviews, so the children get to meet them beforehand.

原文章由 OKmom 於 08-1-11 17:08 發表
Hi, Patricia

Thanks for your sharing. The kindy sounds a good one. BTW, I've heard the kindy will help prepare their students for ESF primary interview, is that true? Do u know the success rate i ...

23#
發表於 08-1-12 18:00 |只看該作者
hi,

in that case....pretty similar to Swck....also have special arrangement to view SWCK before the normal interview time...

so any parents from SWCK can confirm on that? is that no matter my daughter still in swck or esf sw....also have the priority as the swck also have close connecting to esf primay?

原文章由 Patricialo 於 08-1-12 11:52 發表
As outlined in their last newsletter, most of the K2 children (over 95%) go to ESF primary school.  The kindy will have a special arrangement with these primary schools for their interviewing personne ...

24#
發表於 08-1-15 10:07 |只看該作者
As I know, most of the Starters School children could enter ESF primary school also.  Is it so many place of ESF primary school in HK side?

原文章由 piggyloo 於 08-1-12 18:00 發表
hi,

in that case....pretty similar to Swck....also have special arrangement to view SWCK before the normal interview time...

so any parents from SWCK can confirm on that? is that no matter my daught ...

25#
發表於 08-1-15 12:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 Patricialo 於 08-1-15 10:07 發表
As I know, most of the Starters School children could enter ESF primary school also.  Is it so many place of ESF primary school in HK side?

我個女間學校都話esf有特別安排去佢地度參觀, 不過唔知真唔真, 我都未問佢地今年上小一o既情況, 聽日返學校問下d小朋友去咗咩小學先

26#
發表於 08-1-15 12:16 |只看該作者
so which kindergarten ur daughter's studying in?

piggy

原文章由 babyoush 於 08-1-15 12:05 發表

我個女間學校都話esf有特別安排去佢地度參觀, 不過唔知真唔真, 我都未問佢地今年上小一o既情況, 聽日返學校問下d小朋友去咗咩小學先

27#
發表於 08-1-15 12:32 |只看該作者
Patricia,

When the ESF primary sent ppl to ESFSW, what did they do during their visit? Did they just observe the students or did they talk to each of them or let them practise for the interview? Also, do u know whether their visit(or observation) serves purpose to determine the successful candidates. Pls share...

I'm just curious what these visits are for, as the schools are arranging interviews with the applicants anyway.

[ 本文章最後由 OKmom 於 08-1-15 14:08 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 08-1-15 14:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 piggyloo 於 08-1-15 12:16 發表
so which kindergarten ur daughter's studying in?

piggy

Woodland

29#
發表於 08-1-15 21:12 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

30#
發表於 08-1-16 10:01 |只看該作者
During the visit, the personnel from primary school will observe the child and ask some questions to see each child can understand and use enough English.  I think it is a part of interview.

原文章由 OKmom 於 08-1-15 12:32 發表
Patricia,

When the ESF primary sent ppl to ESFSW, what did they do during their visit? Did they just observe the students or did they talk to each of them or let them practise for the interview? Also ...

31#
發表於 08-1-25 16:52 |只看該作者
can any parents can share more informations about the ESF SW?

32#
發表於 08-1-25 18:11 |只看該作者
I can confirm that they do come to Woodland to observe the children.  I am not sure what they do though.

Don't worry too much.  As long as your child can speak and understand English, it's not a problem.

My daughter goes to Woodland.  She just got accepted at ESF.

33#
發表於 08-1-25 18:56 |只看該作者
WHAT? Isn't the school have fully responbility to make sure the kids can communicate well with english? Not the parent?

原文章由 <i>OKmom</i> 於 08-1-11 09:11 發表 <My friend heard from a parent whose son is now studying K2 in an ESF kindy that his kindy would assess every student since K1. At the end of K1, the kindy may then inform those parents whose children  ...
<br />

34#
發表於 08-1-25 19:20 |只看該作者
原文章由 Silly_Bun 於 08-1-25 18:56 發表
WHAT? Isn't the school have fully responbility to make sure the kids can communicate well with english? Not the parent?

The ESF primary schools use English as a media of instruction, that's why they expect the kids to communicate well in English so as to benefit from their education. ESF kindys only stress on 'learn thru play', they provide you with a English speaking environment, but they are not 'teaching' English.

35#
發表於 08-1-26 15:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 nvmom 於 08-1-25 18:11 發表
I can confirm that they do come to Woodland to observe the children.  I am not sure what they do though.

Don't worry too much.  As long as your child can speak and understand English, it's not a prob ...

nvmom,

My 2 girls are studying in Woodland too. May I know which Woodland pre-school did your child study in and which ESF school did you apply? Thx a lot

36#
發表於 08-1-26 21:08 |只看該作者
babyoush,

My child goes to woodland peak preschool and she's accepted at the esf peak.

What about yours?

原文章由 babyoush 於 08-1-26 15:37 發表

nvmom,

My 2 girls are studying in Woodland too. May I know which Woodland pre-school did your child study in and which ESF school did you apply? Thx a lot

[ 本文章最後由 nvmom 於 08-1-26 23:56 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 08-1-28 16:11 |只看該作者
原文章由 nvmom 於 08-1-26 21:08 發表
babyoush,

My child goes to woodland peak preschool and she's accepted at the esf peak.

What about yours?

nvmom,

佢2個返緊堅道woodland, 應該今年9月返k1, 我同大女試報esf上環, 不過冇消息, 打算疊埋心水讀woodland (其實我同老公都鍾意woodland多d, 因為小學o既問題而試報esf上環), 所以宜家周圍問關於woodland上小學o既資料, 因為我同老公都係土生香港人, 雖然女女英文好過中文, 不過都怕上小學唔夠人地爭, 我地都係target esf小學, 我想問下報esf小學係咪交一張form就得架啦, 佢地係咪會自己睇返我地住邊度再安排去邊間interview咁架??唔好意思咁多問題

38#
發表於 08-1-28 16:43 |只看該作者
Hi babyoush,

Sorry I cannot type chinese.  Please bear with me in english.

I think going to ESF will give you some priority in getting an interview with ESF primary school.  Woodland is also a very good school.  If your target school is ESF, please make sure you speak to yoru daughter's woodland school surpervisor, they should be able to help you.  Woodland has strong tie with all ESF schools in the respective zone.  For the Caine road school, I think it's kennedy school and Glenealy school that most of its students go to, if I am not mistaken.

Yes, we only filled in one application form and provided the necessary documents required (proof of address, passports, etc.).  The application will then be assigned to the school that covers our area.  The child will be interviewed there.  It was a simple and informal session.

原文章由 babyoush 於 08-1-28 16:11 發表

nvmom,

佢2個返緊堅道woodland, 應該今年9月返k1, 我同大女試報esf上環, 不過冇消息, 打算疊埋心水讀woodland (其實我同老公都鍾意woodland多d, 因為小學o既問題而試報esf上環), 所以宜家周圍問關於woodland上小 ...

39#
發表於 08-1-29 09:12 |只看該作者
原文章由 nvmom 於 08-1-28 16:43 發表
Hi babyoush,

Sorry I cannot type chinese.  Please bear with me in english.

I think going to ESF will give you some priority in getting an interview with ESF primary school.  Woodland is also a very  ...

nvmom,

唔該你呀, 我會搵日同學校講架啦

40#
發表於 08-1-29 13:19 |只看該作者
Patricia,

We visited ESFSW last week, the impression of this kindy is very free since they have an open plan setting. The kids have their choices to do whatever they like during free time, they can go to the snack table whenever they feel like to. It sounds very free, but how about discipline point of view? Since your girl is enjoying her school life, can you share a bit more regarding the behaviour or character changed since her start of school there. Is your girl a sociable, initiative and independent type of child? Thx.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖