教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Parents Please Help!
發新帖
查看: 1595|回覆: 6
go

RC Parents Please Help! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-8-27 20:08 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear RC Parents,

Please could you tell me what kind of the test for admission for y10? Do they have any reading test, written test...etc? Please help becasue my girl will go for interview this week!... I really want she get in this school.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-8-28 19:29 |只看該作者
We went for a written test first then face to face interview at a later date.  But we were applying for Year 7...so not sure if the same applies to all years.  Did you ask the contact / liaison person on the format of the interview?

3#
發表於 07-8-29 01:11 |只看該作者
原文章由 vtbs 於 07-8-27 20:08 硐表
Dear RC Parents,

Please could you tell me what kind of the test for admission for y10? Do they have any reading test, written test...etc? Please help becasue my girl will go for interview this week! ...

My daughter attended the admission test July this year.  It was an English test consisting of two parts, reading and writing.  The reading part is a cloze passage with 24 blanks.  My daughter commented that the test was quite difficult.  BTW, she's now a Y10 student of RC.

4#
發表於 07-8-29 11:23 |只看該作者
The Year 7 admission procedures were different then.
We first went for a written test on one day.  Then a couple of weeks later we went for the interview + reading test.

From the way how the test and interview were conducted, I would say that you do not really have to prepare for them. There was a free writing part at the test where you really cannot prepare yourself for it. And the interview comprised not only a reading part (the child would be asked to read from a book provided by the interviewer) but a casual chat that again you cannot really prepare for it. Since the interview + reading test lasted 30 mins, you just cannot predict how the conversation would develop into.

Most students who has been studying in ISs would find the test/interview quite ok (or at least that is what I heard). But those who has been with local schools might find that a bit challenging (again, this is what I heard).

My advice is that, a child should just be himself, nothing more or less. I know that local school students are very good at preparing (or over-preparing, actually?) for interviews. The children would dress themselves in their best outfits, gel/set their hair nicely. The dads would chose their best ties, the moms would take their best handbags, etc. But I think this would only make yourselves (including the children) nervous. I did see some nicely dressed parents (over dressed?), but I only wore jeans. In fact, most western parents did not dressed themselves like they were going to a funeral; some even wore sandals only.

I guess you should not presume that what people would normally do to prepare themselves for interviews at DGS or DBS would equally work well at interviews at ISs. ISs do not seek for children who would spend time on "preparing" for interview, I think they would rather seek children who they think would benefit from and fit in the school. Of course, having high English standard would be one crucial criterior studying in an IS. But it is not THE ticket. Contrarily, I am sure there are children who are really slightly not up to what they expect (in terms of English standard), but still have been taken by the school, because of their personality and other qualities.

[ 本文章最後由 bawt 於 07-8-29 11:26 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 07-8-29 22:57 |只看該作者
Dear AnnXie, hjm, bawt.

Many thanks for your kind help!

My girl went to the interview today. and she say not that diff may be bec of she was study at DSC. but I am worry, becasue the admission staff was wonder that why we would like to change the school and apply that late. I am really not sure will they taken my girl or not... but I really want to can get into this school!

Cheers

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 07-8-29 23:34 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 07-8-29 23:48 |只看該作者
原文章由 vtbs 於 07-8-29 22:57 硐表
Dear AnnXie, hjm, bawt.

Many thanks for your kind help!

My girl went to the interview today. and she say not that diff may be bec of she was study at DSC. but I am worry, becasue the admis ...

Did you go for writing test or interview or writing test + interview today?  For in my case, my daughter did the test first and after two to three days RCHK invited us for an intrview.  During the interview, my daughter had a small chat with the interviewer for about five minutes and then my husband and I were asked to join the meeting.  It didn't appear to look like a selection interview but rather a chance for student, parents and the school side to meet and know each other a bit better.  

BTW, what is DSC?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題