教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Letter Land
樓主: LaLa
go

Letter Land [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 04-4-8 11:48 |只看該作者

Re: Letter Land

行行媽

Thank you very much, your reply is really helpful.  I will then go to buy the Program 1 Teacher Guide and The First Reading Flashcard.

Do you think the Early readers worth to buy?  Do you have any ideas about the CD for it?  Is it as interest as the Easy to Read CD?

Do you know is there any Letterland font available in internet for download?

102#
發表於 04-4-8 13:31 |只看該作者

唉...你地去左46個個講坐喇, 我衰啦, 佢之前寄左catalogue俾我, 我都未得閒睇, 尋晚睇左先知錯過左一個好機會去認識letterland, 不過由etc寄俾我既catalogue中, 基本上佢要我地買既野得4樣, 總共都係450蚊, 其實係唔係基本入場費呢...我尋晚睇緊個d 好colourful既catalogue時, 我個女問我睇咩野, 我話letterland丫麻, 佢即話, 我又要, 我要呀媽咪。其實佢而家學校係用緊letterland教佢地, 所以我都會買, 佢點解咁鐘意好大原因係學校教緊, 同埋個上個聖誕party表演主題就係letterland, 佢係其中一個角色, 加深左佢對letterland既興趣。
仲有, 我本好想去太古個showroom睇, 但佢開既時間真係去唔到 10:00到4:00, 星期六日都唔開, 叫人地點去o者。

103#
發表於 04-4-8 15:14 |只看該作者

藍媽寶

佢地好似係開三六 10:00 到 4:00, 你可以星期六去架

104#
發表於 04-4-8 17:37 |只看該作者

st,
我都唔知道4月6日有免費講座呀!真係走寶,不過見到你去完之後都喜歡letterland,我好開心,因為這裏會多些人分享了!
你買了的兩件東西是很實用的,真是個好開始,又唔係好貴,可以試試你孩子的反應,如果大家(你和小朋友)都喜歡,先慢慢再想買其他都未遲。
不過我想分享我近日的見解,因為我已經看完o西Early Years的Handbook,開始好認真o甘看緊Programme 1 的Teacher's Guide。我現在覺得Early Years的Handbook真的可以不買了,可以省下$330啊!因為Programme 1的Teacher's Guide是會每一個letterlanders再介紹一次的,雖然沒有Early Years般詳細,但內容都夠用了,其實有很多其他的介紹都可以自己發揮的,例如:Jumpping Jim喜歡食jelly及jam,Hairy Hat Man喜歡食Hamburger之類....。不過如果小朋友只有1歲多又另作別論,因為小朋友如果太細,有排也去不到Programme 1,Early Years的內容及活動都可以慢慢用來拖長成個stage了。
st,之前的post中我有post過關於Early Years的Handbook的內容的,你可看看才決定買不買呀!不過如果你到太古的showroom都可以慢慢看的。

Jokey2828:
你知道嗎?我真是很想聽聽其他媽媽的分享,所以一直等等等....,多些交流才可以發揮作用o麻!不過我真不忍見到letterland這題目被寫到不能回應的「昔日討論」中,所以才發表了。
你說的故事,全都都是寫在Teachers Guide中的,Letterland將每一個Phoneme都寫成一個小故事,有些會有點牽強的(我老實說),但也有一些真是十分好的。
例如解譯到"igh"是讀"i"sound的時候:
因為Golden Girl是很喜歡giggling(Alphabet Songs都有寫,可以順道唱一下首歌),但Hairy Hat Man就很喜歡靜(你看看他愛靜愛到沒有穿鞋就知道了,他只會whispers,從不大聲的....再加多些自由發揮的描述);慘了!這次Golden Girl 遇上愛靜的Hairy Hat Man,點算呢?Golden Girl guggling時o米會嘈到Hairy Hat Man!?
不過唔怕,你唔記得Golden Girl是個Good Girl嗎?你估一個Good Girl遇到一個愛靜的大人是的會點做呢?(你又會點做呢?又傾下計,講下邊個邊個親戚愛靜之類)無錯啦,佢會即刻好乖o甘唔出聲架!所以"gh"走在一起時,是無聲架!例如:although, bought, caught, though, fought.......

Programme 2 Teacher's Guide 是這樣寫的:Golden Girl knows that Hairy Hat Man hates noise, so whenever he stands next to her in a word she keeps completely quiet. So does he. They just enjoy being silent together
而Programme2 picture code card公仔背面的灰色hints就係o甘寫: .Golden Girl and the Hairy Hat Man are almost alwys silent when they are together
所以你估Hairy Hat  Man鍾唔鍾意Golden Girl?梗係鍾意啦!(乖的小朋友個個都鍾意o架,又教化下德育之類...)於是佢o地走埋一齊時會好開心,有時重忍唔住笑(laugh)o忝!不過佢o地唔會『哈!哈!哈!』o甘笑架,因為會好嘈架o麻,佢o地只會細細聲"ffff, fff, fff,"好似個"laugh" 字o甘笑架!
例如:cough, laugh, rough, enough, laughter, tough......
Programme 2 Teacher's Guide 是這樣寫的:In one word laugh, it seems that both Golden Girl and the Hat Man cannot resist laughing softly like this, 'fff, fff, fff'. Then gh sounds just like f or ph. This also happens in the words cough, rough, tough and enough.
就係因為Golden Girl o甘乖,Hairy Hat Man好錫佢o架,佢成日會叫Ice Cream Man 企在Golden Girl的 right hand side來請Ice Cream佢食o忝!所以在gh前的i是Ice Cream 來架,"igh"於是讀"i"o刺!

例如:bright, fight, high, righ, night, might......
我記得我看過一套BCC叫「人腦漫遊」的紀錄片,內裏講到一個外國記啤牌的比賽,訪問個冠軍點解可以在幾分鐘內,看一次成副掉亂次序的牌後,就可以完全記得o西成副牌中每一隻的出現次序。佢話佢是用故事記憶,把每一隻排在心目一早當成一個朋友或名人,又或是一些他喜歡的物件,當看牌時,就將那些虛擬人物或件的出現次序構思成一個故事,只要記得故事的發展,就好容易講得出每一隻牌了!有些phonics的教材是用動作,有些用歌仔,也有配合一些短短的故事,但好象letterland般把故事一直發展下去,來教o西差不多全部的Phoneme的,我就未見過了。

Early Years的Handbook內容,在這個討題的之前的post中都有分析過,也有一些內容打了出來,你可以找出來慢慢看看適合適合。內容是有齊Alphabet Songs 及 Handwriting Songs的歌詞的,不過我現在覺得未必一定要買都OK,除非小朋友只有一歲多,想同佢玩多o的遊戲。
Action songs是一些短短的歌,提供埋動作,主要是配合小朋友喜歡一邊唱一邊做的愛好。
其中一頁的歌詞如下:

至於第3題問題,因為我是喜歡letterland是差點有些失控的,所以magazine我都有Exercies都有....
Picture Code Card 三百幾蚊o個隻點用都曾經在這新題上新論過了,我個人就覺得有需要的,在成個programme都講也很得。不過現在看到行行媽話自己劃,又真是一個十分好的方法,也十分可行呢!所以有多些媽媽一起分享真是好!

Kammy:
如果買CD-Rom是有o西所有Alphabet Songs及 Handwriting Songs的,所以我個人認為CD-Rom較低買,畢竟$120一隻CD,在現今的市場是有點過高了。

行行媽:
好多謝你的分享,你「劃code card」的方法真是值得推介的,多謝!
我是有買Early Years Handbook的,正如我之前題過,有關這書及Programme1 Teacher's Guide的比較,現在我想Early Years是可以不買的,不知有沒有其他媽媽有另些見解,可以大家分享分享。
不過Picture Code Card是沒有Captial Letters的,只是在 First Reading Flash Cards先有,但old edition就印得好差,new edition又人物唔同,所以我都無o羊點用到,其實只要拿ABC Book來講已經可以的了。

105#
發表於 04-4-8 18:05 |只看該作者

hello marie and all of you,
i'm new to letterland but I'm very interested in it after reading all your comment, esp. those from marie.
my son is now 2 yr old and i'm planning to start the letterland, I called tai koo shop and they would send me the catalogue, I'll ask for your opinion again to see what to buy after I've studied the catalogue.
Thank you so much for your valuable information, it's nice to meet you all here.
aa

106#
發表於 04-4-8 23:19 |只看該作者

Dear marie,

I have to say "Thank you very much" from the bottom of my heart for your detailed explanation of the Letterland programme, especially as you were sacrificing your rest and parenting time.

I said I did not find Letterland particularly special or useful because my kid is much older than Phoebe, and she already knows how to sound out the letters, blend the sounds and decode the words. But of course she is still far from being skillful or perfectly accurate.

Honestly, my interest in Letterland comes from you - the stories in the Teacher's Guide. I am sure that they will arouse my child's love of the characters, and reinforce her memory of the phonics rules. Therefore, I think I'd better buy the Guides despite the price.

Hope to be able to share more with you and other moms in the coming future.

Jokey2828

107#
發表於 04-4-9 00:34 |只看該作者

Hi, 各位媽媽好!
一直都很留意letterland呢個topic,因為lazy所以好多時只睇唔回應,不過真係好多謝各位媽媽的information,從這裏認識letterland,我覺得自己好似marie一樣瘋狂愛上它,都買左好多product比過女,佢今年3歲,我比佢去上letterland的英文班,上呢過英文班前己經認識letterland的人物,所以佢都好有興趣,D歌仔全都識唱,a-z的sound都識,問過一D老師,點為知識D發音,e.g What is the beginning sound of butterfly?如果佢識答係b,咁佢就係識,佢地話要大D先可以到prog.1因為要blending都幾深。

其實如果買左cd-rom就唔使買alphabet同埋handwriting隻cd,可以係电腦copy過file變左2隻cd。

108#
發表於 04-4-9 01:14 |只看該作者

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your sharing.  It's been very useful and informative.  I'm extremely interested in this method of teaching.  By exposing more to letterland from now on, I hope I can have chance to share with all mummys here in the near future.

Marie,  thanks again for all your time and effort.

109#
發表於 04-4-9 07:43 |只看該作者

Hi All,

I had made a "Making Words: Onsets and Rimes Book". It costs $3xx in ETC. It is quite easy to make. First I print the letters of a word and the related letterlanders of the word in 2 pieces of A4 paper and then cut them out . Second,  I cut the plastic bags of a clear folder into 2 column and put the letters inside.

It is quite useful to teach my daughter blending the sounds of some simple words. Moreover, I can change the letters' combinations in the clear folder.

110#
發表於 04-4-13 10:53 |只看該作者

It's really hard to comment the reader, of course, reader is really good to reinforce the letter sound in the story. I only know the reader CD is another "speak for teacher" product, you know, just like those audio books, it read out the books for you loudly.  I don't have "easy to read", can't compare.

What do you mean by "font"? Do you mean once you type "a" from the keyboard, the Annie Apple will show on the screen, Wow... what a amazing thing, I think you can sell this idea to Letterland, you may earn a lot from it.    Let's me see if I know anyone can create this font for me.    

111#
發表於 04-4-13 12:17 |只看該作者

行行媽

"type "a" from the keyboard, the Annie Apple will show on the screen" that is exactly what I mean!

I don't think Letterland will do this, otherwise people will not buy their product.

I just wonder whether I can get a ready made letterland font from the interent because letterland has so many year history in overseas.

In fact to create a new font is not a difficult task for a computer man, If you can find someone to create it for you, don't forget to share it with me.

112#
發表於 04-4-13 12:18 |只看該作者

Dear 2002,

Without the Letterland books (Phonics Readers or storybooks whatever), you may find it hard to arouse a child's interest in the Letterland characters, or teach him/her the Letterland phonics concepts.

You cannot download the Letterland pictograms from the Internet, but you can scan them from the ABC Book.

Jokey2828

113#
發表於 04-4-13 12:32 |只看該作者

Dear Jokey2828

I agree with you that without the Letterland books, it is hard to arouse a child's interest in the Letterland characters.  I also agree with you that Letterland products are expensive.

I already got the ABC book and have the letterland software, from the software, I have made one alphabet songs CD and one handwritting songs CD.  My daughter loves it so much, so the next step for me is to buy the teacher's guide and create my own letterland products.

114#
發表於 04-4-13 13:46 |只看該作者

Hi,
So what are the contents inside the Activity books? Is it worthwhile to buy?
Veronica
[img align=left]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p5f105022c38643baaeddae191403002e/fc63a26a.gif[/img]

115#
發表於 04-4-13 14:03 |只看該作者

Hi Veronica,

I have not bought the Activity Books, but had a glance of them in the shops.

In my view, they are good in consolidating a child's knowledge he/she has just acquired, and they are reasonable in price.

Jokey2828

116#
發表於 04-4-17 14:51 |只看該作者

I have noticed letterland recently cause my colleagues are using it for their children.  I am very impressed of this method.  However, my girl is only 9 months old now.  Should I buy the little learner series which claim to be suitable for 0-3 years old?  If yes, which books, AV aids should I purchase?

Many thanks!

RMK: I never know Q go with U before  

117#
發表於 04-4-19 09:48 |只看該作者

kctammy:
你所說的自製"Onsets and Rimes Book"真的很有趣,我也想試試,但想問多一些問題。
你做了多少個組合呢?可否分享一下你做的wrods的組合出來?Thanks!

118#
發表於 04-4-19 10:09 |只看該作者

2002:

其實想有letterland的font是不可行的,因為letterland裏的letter每一個都有好幾個樣,例如letter "t"是Ticking Tess" 但又會有個叫 "Ticking Tom"係個男人來的;"g"除Golden Girl之外,重有佢個婆婆叫"Golden Granny";Fireman Fred有個friend叫Fireman Frank.....
因為Programme1及2 會學到double consonants 但係connie話為了令小朋友容易明白,會加多一個人物。
加上letterlanders遇到唔同的letterlanders會有唔同的樣,Hairy Hat man有時頂帽會飛走,有時會掉轉頭,有時拿住影相機,有時比巫婆打,有時會笑......等等
所以如果只是將每一個letter用原本的letterlannder併埋一齊,是不能remind到小朋友有關letterland故事中的讀音的。
所以我才想出用magnetic併,但都發現有太多個唔同的樣,就算做得o西o甘多,想併時都找唔到出來,所以我想最好都是畫出來,而letterland原本都是鼓勵小朋友畫的。

119#
發表於 04-4-19 10:13 |只看該作者

rebeccalols:
你的BB太細了,起碼要到識得聽故事時,約兩歲才開始會較適合,而且買時不要一買就買成set 呀,我們在這裏討論過有很多東西是不用買的,就如kamen都教我們可以將CD-Rom的內容抽出歌仔燒出來,就唔o西買兩隻CD一樣。
就算想買少少開始,建議都係在yesasia(因為最平)買本ABC Book看看好了。

120#
發表於 04-4-19 10:18 |只看該作者

Marieyuen

原來如此,那我真想得太簡單了,我真要快些去買teacher's guide來看至得.

我有Letterland Story VHS, 我發覺最後有一段a to z一個個咁逐個出晒,其實可以capture出來做flash card.但Letterland Story係early stage,所以我唔知for programme one的video 後面會唔會有類似畫面可以capture.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題