發表於 07-7-25 13:01 |只看該作者
可以。
每年都有國際學校學生升讀本地大學,IB 及非 IB 學生都有;不過由於中文程度問題,可能少 D 入中大 ( 入中大好似要睇埋中文,我唔肯定 )。

4#
發表於 07-7-25 15:57 |只看該作者
Got it.  Thanks.

5#
發表於 07-7-26 07:30 |只看該作者
Definitely no problem, my son studied in SC, now he's in HKU.

6#
發表於 07-7-26 11:38 |只看該作者
但係會唔會做次選呢 ?? 我仲猶疑緊, pls help

7#
發表於 07-7-26 12:10 |只看該作者
原文章由 kathiema 於 07-7-26 07:30 發表
Definitely no problem, my son studied in SC, now he's in HKU.

May I know what is SC?  By which way that your son entered the HKU?  Please kindly explain more, thanks.

8#
發表於 07-7-26 12:47 |只看該作者
原文章由 大頭蝦 於 07-7-26 11:38 發表
但係會唔會做次選呢 ?? 我仲猶疑緊, pls help

不會, 因為排另一條龍, 叫 Non-Jupas.

我知道有 HKIS 學生被 HKU Law, Medic. 取錄, 也有 HKIS 學生被 CU 取錄但最後去了外國. 很多 家庭送子女入 IS, 根本一早已經是計劃出國, 做成本地大學少見 IS 學生.

留港的 IS 學生多數只會對專業學科有興趣, 如 Law, Medic.

很多人以為 IS 學生不能入本地大學, 是很錯的.
大前提是, 你要叻 ! (  但那裏不是如此 ? )
學業成績要校內 Top few %, 公開試 (SAT etc  ) 高分,平日亦要慣於在校內用英文 speak out 表達自己, 在面試中便已經輕易可以脫熲而出. 我知那個入 Law 的便是因為在面試有好表現 ( 未讀就已經成個 lawyer 咁 ! ) 而令人另眼相看.

當然, 那一間 IS 出身, 亦很重要. 如果該 IS以前已經有師兄師姊入去讀得好, 拎 scholarship/ gold medal 的, 大學當然對那間 IS的學生多點信心.
不要忘記, 負責取錄新生的教授們, 本身子女可能也是 IS 學生, 所以他們對各間 IS 的水準是很清楚的.

9#
發表於 07-7-27 09:36 |只看該作者
咁non-JUPAS個條queue會收幾多%呢?

10#
發表於 07-7-27 10:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 豬爸爸 於 07-7-27 09:36 發表
咁non-JUPAS個條queue會收幾多%呢?

你係話,有幾多 % 學位留比 non-jupas ?咁我都有興趣知。

不過諗真 d ,其實知都冇乜特別意思,反正每年經 non-jupas 申請的人數不同,因此未必可以估計申請的機會。我曾聽過一些本地學校高中生說,non-jupas 的 % 將會增多,但都只係道聽途說,而且,到我孩子 (現讀小學) 升大學時的情形會係點,我估冇人估計到 ( 雖然我自己及我孩子現時的想法,都是以海外大學為主,不會主攻本地大學 )。

現時趨勢係,越來越多本地 DSS (直資學校) 採用 IB,或聲稱採用 IB,部份甚至係用 "自創" 的 local/IS/IB 的 "hybrid" 課程 ( 小學雜談那邊,有 DSS 家長說,EMB 現突然要求 DSS 必須部留部份學位,跟隨本地課程,不能 100% 學生用 IB;這點好像未能證實 ),而好多這類 "新派" 學校的學生,大都未必會像國際學校學生一樣,首選係外國大學,他們都會 "主攻" 本地大學。照推測, JUPAS/non-JUPAS 申請人數,有機會會大調整,如果先前說的 EMB 的新要求不屬實 ( 即 DSS 可以繼續去馬,行他們的 "非本地" 課程),non-jupas 條隊將來會越來越多人排;不過,我亦相信 non-jupas 收生 % 一定只會有加冇減,以反映現實的需要。

說到底,我唔係太擔心。

[ 本文章最後由 nintendo 於 07-7-27 14:17 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 07-7-27 13:36 |只看該作者
( 小學雜談那邊,有 DSS 家長說,EMB 現突然要求 DSS 必須部留部份學位,跟隨本地課程,不能 100% 學生用 IB;這點好像未能證實 ),

this is true, I heard about it from another DSS school.

12#
發表於 07-7-28 23:44 |只看該作者
原文章由 mattsmum 於 07-7-27 13:36 發表
( 小學雜談那邊,有 DSS 家長說,EMB 現突然要求 DSS 必須部留部份學位,跟隨本地課程,不能 100% 學生用 IB;這點好像未能證實 ),

this is true, I heard about it from another DSS school.

我都有從一位DSS家長口中聽到相同的消息.  不過, 現在claim將來會讓學生考IB的local schools, 有部份都會給學生自己選擇考新高中試或IB (如CKY, Creative.).  兩所學校的網頁都有提及有關資料.  相信這些學校的學生也不會100%選擇考IB.  因為除了有些學生不打算到外國升讀大學外, 英語程度不足都可能是其中的原因.

Saturn.

13#
發表於 07-7-30 10:33 |只看該作者
CKY will adopt IGCSE & IB, 新高中試 will not be offered.
CKY is a "private" school (like ISF), not a DSS.
原文章由 Saturn 於 07-7-28 23:44 發表

我都有從一位DSS家長口中聽到相同的消息.  不過, 現在claim將來會讓學生考IB的local schools, 有部份都會給學生自己選擇考新高中試或IB (如CKY, Creative.).  兩所學校的網頁都有提及有關資料.  相信這 ...

14#
發表於 07-7-30 13:15 |只看該作者
Information from ESF:

http://clc.esf.edu.hk/GroupRenderCustomPage.asp?GroupID=8544&ResourceId=52418

I.B. and Higher Education in Hong Kong

Hong Kong universites and higher education establishments accept students from across the world and acknowledge the International Baccalaureate Diploma as a recognised equivalent to the HKALE ( Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination). Careful research must be undertaken to ensure IB point tariffs are matched per individual institutions. Some universities may also ask for specific points awarded in particular subject areas. This is particularly relevant when making applications to the more competitive faculties.

Hong Kong University also offers students places on the Early Admissions Schemes. They have accepted students with IB qualification in the past and treat each application on its own individual merit. However, for Chinese University, they have usually only accepted students with GCE and HK A Levels. They did say recently that they would consider applications from IB Diploma students.

General Requirements
The following information can be obtained from the University web sites.
HKUST
http://www.ust.hk/en/index.html

Very general advice is given on the web site.
It is highly recommended that you research into individual Faculties and Departments for further indication on point ranges required. The most competitive business courses admissions requirements do ask for a minimum of 33 points. You should also check for individual subject points required for individual courses.
HKU
http://www.hku.hk/

The International Baccalaureate is not listed as one of their acknowledged subjects but
"Qualifications from countries which are not listed will be considered based on individual merits. In assessing qualifications, the University's main concern is to ensure that candidates have had an educational background which enables them to successfully complete the degree and benefit from studying in the university."
The University has acknowledged to ESF that it will accept students will an IB Diploma with individual Faculties stipulating points required for entry.

CHINESE UNIVERSITY
http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/v5/en/

The International Baccalaureate Diploma is accepted as a general entrance requirement.
Below is an outline of some specific Faculty requirements.

Business Administration

38 pts or above from six subjects, scoring at least 4 points in each subject

Hotel & Tourism Management
as above

Professional Accountancy

36 pts or above from six subjects, scoring at least 4 points in each subject.

Medicine

40 pts or above from six subjects

Information Engineering

30 pts or above from six subjects, scoring at least 6 points in Higher Level Physics and Maths

Chemistry

30 pts or above from six subjects, scoring at least 6 in Higher Level Chemistry

Architecture

36 pts or above from six subjects, scoring at least 4 in each subject.

HK POLYTECHNIChttp://www1.polyu.edu.hk/main/main_e.php
Applicants who hold the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or associate degree qualifications satisfy the university's General Minimum Entrance Requirements up to and including the Bachelor's degree level.
Further research into individual faculties is required/ contact the University directly.

Pre-requisites
Some courses will specify prerequisites. Please read the information carefully on the web site/ prospectus. Some courses will require previous knowledge to a certain standard e.g. HKUST, to study Biology you must have studied Biology and Chemistry to Higher and Standard Level respectively; HKUST to study Computer Science, you must have studied Mathematics/Physics and Computer Studies to a Higher Level.

Other Qualifications
In assessing these qualifications, the University will ensure that applicants have an educational background which will enable them to complete the degree program of the University successfully. Proficiency in English is also required. Applicants not able to satisfy the Undergraduate General Entrance Requirement for English language may present alternative qualifications or other evidence that they have achieved an equivalent standard to a pass in the Hong Kong AS level Use of English examination.
Applicants with outstanding achievements at international competitions, such as the International Physics or Mathematics Olympiad, may also apply and their applications will be considered on individual merits.

15#
發表於 07-7-31 12:52 |只看該作者
Year 2006 IB results
Students at the English Schools Foundation's Sha Tin College - the first ESF school to switch to the IB - achieved a 95 per cent pass rate, with 22 per cent of the 78 students scoring over 40.

That means 22% of the students are qualified to study Medicine in Chinese University.

16#
發表於 07-8-3 09:20 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

17#
發表於 07-8-4 00:18 |只看該作者
我係 non jupus 入local uni
non-jupus 收生年年人數不定

18#
發表於 07-8-4 01:48 |只看該作者
原文章由 ugotwutuwant 於 07-8-4 00:18 發表
我係 non jupus 入local uni
non-jupus 收生年年人數不定

我就想仔仔女女以non-JU 身份入讀本地大學(如果到時真係負擔唔到佢地去外國讀U), 一來真係可以間間學校入紙申請,(大約百五蚊報三科咁), 選自己心目中想選既科,
唔洗好似而家JUPAS咁以strategy方式選校選科。眼見好多學生派到唔鐘意讀既科,或因怕入唔到大學而選一些比較易入但其實興趣不大既科係首或次位
呢幾年以non-JU身份入本地大學真係易左, 因本地大學話要‘國際化’,(但實質咪係八九成既位比曬大陸既學生)

19#
發表於 07-8-6 16:17 |只看該作者

是否選擇IB將來入本地大學比本地學生容易些?

原文章由 ChingChingDad 於 07-7-31 12:52 發表
Year 2006 IB results
Students at the English Schools Foundation's Sha Tin College - the first ESF school to switch to the IB - achieved a 95 per cent pass rate, with 22 per cent of the 78 studen ...

是否選擇IB將來入本地大學比本地學生容易些? 但始終要英文成績好才能選讀IB, 否則兩頭不到岸!

20#
發表於 07-8-12 01:06 |只看該作者
For my case, I took GCE A Level overseas, so I had to apply local universities through non-JUPAs.  Unlike JUPAs , I can send applications to more than one university at the same time.  So at the end 3 universities accepted me at the same time.  (seems to be an advantage)

But I'm not sure about the percentage of students that could be admitted through non-JUPAs.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題