1#
發表於 07-6-12 15:47 |只看該作者

ESF-Bauhinia School

Anyone can share about this school?

2#
發表於 07-6-12 15:55 |只看該作者

Re: ESF-Bauhinia School

CSW,
Bauhinia School will be close on this year and rename The New Private Independent School in Discovery Bay

The English Schools Foundation(ESF) makes a vital contribution to Hong Kong by providing high quality and cost-effective education through the medium of English. We run twenty schools across Hong Kong – five secondary, ten primary, one ‘all through’ school, three kindergartens and a school for children with special educational needs. We are committed to Hong Kong and to excellence in education.
http://www.dbpis.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1059&langNo=1
CSW 寫道:
Anyone can share about this school?
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

3#
發表於 07-6-12 16:24 |只看該作者

Thank you KaKaYa.
I thought I had heard about it before, just still see the webpage on the ESF website, that's why I didn't recall this is the one going to be closed down.
I heard that one can only apply ESF that is withing his/her living area. Is that so?
If I am living in Tsuen Wan, which IS should I apply?

KAKAYA, I saw that you are also applying for IS for you kids...can you share some experiences with me?

4#
發表於 07-6-12 16:30 |只看該作者

Try the following link for more information on Bauhinia School.

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1022272&forum=43&9

5#
發表於 07-6-12 16:38 |只看該作者

KaKaYa 寫道:
CSW,
Bauhinia School will be close on this year and rename Renaissance College :5 Hang Ming Street, Ma On Shan,New Territories, Hong Kong
http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=978&langNo=1

No, it is going to be Discovery Bay PIS, NOT Renaissance.  Renaissance College was previously Phoenix IS.  They are 2 different schools.

6#
發表於 07-6-12 16:45 |只看該作者

If I am living in Tsuen Wan:-
Beacon Hill School
Zone: The west side of Nathan Road from Tsim Sha Tsui to Boundary Street excluding areas south-west of Cherry Street and Ferry Street , the area north of Boundary Street, including Kowloon Tong and Caldecott Road. Extending westward along the Lung Cheung Highway including Tsuen Wan and Tuen Mun.

Or You can apply for (PIS):-
-Renaissance College
5 Hang Ming Street, Ma On Shan
New Territories, Hong Kong

-Discovery Bay PIS

CSW 寫道:
Thank you KaKaYa.
I thought I had heard about it before, just still see the webpage on the ESF website, that's why I didn't recall this is the one going to be closed down.
I heard that one can only apply ESF that is withing his/her living area. Is that so?
If I am living in Tsuen Wan, which IS should I apply?

KAKAYA, I saw that you are also applying for IS for you kids...can you share some experiences with me?

7#
發表於 07-6-12 16:46 |只看該作者

Yes!
WYmom 寫道:
[quote]
KaKaYa 寫道:
CSW,
Bauhinia School will be close on this year and rename Renaissance College :5 Hang Ming Street, Ma On Shan,New Territories, Hong Kong
http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=978&langNo=1

No, it is going to be Discovery Bay PIS, NOT Renaissance.  Renaissance College was previously Phoenix IS.  They are 2 different schools.[/quote]

8#
發表於 07-6-12 17:11 |只看該作者

I think in my case, I can only consider Beacon Hill school. It seems to be the closest, or actually the Shatin Junior....

Consider living in Sham Tseng, are there any IS parent can share with me about living in the close by area of Sham Tseng and going to an IS...?

There are many issues for me to consider at this point....school fee, location, 孩子的重新適應, etc.

9#
發表於 07-6-12 17:42 |只看該作者

Suppose all the ESF is full in June. And BHS is long Long quene on waiting List !
Please consider the chances more than closely area.
Firstly, my consideration is closely distance but finally, I would follow all the moms are consider the chances more than convenience.
Normally, RC is much more convenience to catch the school bus.
May I know, which year will you apply for each class?  
Good Luck!

10#
發表於 07-6-12 18:03 |只看該作者

IC...

My boy is studying in P.1 in a local gov. sub. school. Actually, his school is OK, but I found that he has better grades in Eng and low grades in Chi, it is because he loves Eng more. (But now he has to spend lots of time to study Chi in order to get a good grade.)

I also find that after going to a local school, even though the school has NET and the Eng teacher teaches very well with nice accent, my boy's oral Eng is still falling backward.

Moreover, my boy has a very creative mind, and doesn't quite like to do things in traditional ways.  I found that he actually writes a "make sense' sentence in his Eng HW, but since that is not the correct pattern of Eng as in the model answer, the teacher would mark it as a wrong answer. To me, this is not a good way of learning Eng. But it will be like this as long as he is in a local school which follows the EMB curriculum.

With all these concerns, I started to reconsider if I should let my son to enter an IS instead. I know it is a little late for applying ESF, but I also searching for other IS too. I wonder if he can apply for G2 or G3.

KaKaYa 寫道:
Suppose all the ESF is full in June. And BHS is long Long quene on waiting List !
Please consider the chances more than closely area.
Firstly, my consideration is closely distance but finally, I would follow all the moms are consider the chances more than convenience.
Normally, RC is much more convenience to catch the school bus.
May I know, which year will you apply for each class?  
Good Luck!

11#
發表於 07-6-12 18:17 |只看該作者

CSW,

Yes, local school is usually using "model answer" approach.  If you switch your son to IS, you may need to teach him Chinese after school then.

Local school P.1 equals to Year 2 in ESF (British system), it is too late now to apply 07/08, so if you apply for year 08/09, it will be Year 4.  For other IS, it can be Year 3 or 4 depending on the system.

Good Luck.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題