用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 New RC Students in August. Need advices and informat ...
樓主: JennyL
go

New RC Students in August. Need advices and information. [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-6-11 23:40 |只看該作者

Re: New RC Students in August. Need advices and information.

I would love to be able to "let go" like what you described....probably when it comes to Aug I'll need to have my son go home by himself (may be able to take him to school in the mornings, but not every day).  Will need to deliberately do some "training" first!  

22#
發表於 07-6-17 15:18 |只看該作者

I needed some further advices and suggestions from RC parents (and non RC parents alike, if you do not mind).

Students in Year 7 and up at RC are to bring their Mac Book to school everyday. I need suggestions of the kind of school bags (or back packs) that is appropriate. And in fact, what are the "trend" or "fashion" of secondary school students choices of school bags (at RC and elsewhere)? Obviously, they should have outgrown anything that look like those "pretty" SPI bags.

23#
發表於 07-6-18 00:42 |只看該作者

I'd like to know...but my son did tell me the SPI type has a section to put the laptop in...so if no better choice, I will pick an SPI too....it's quite expensive though.  We should hear more about the laptop arrangements at the parents' night!

24#
發表於 07-6-18 10:35 |只看該作者

We have never owned an SPI bag. But according to friends who have, it seems that the bags are not really as good as they said they are. And I personally think they are not that good looking (although the RC version is in fact a lot nicer than other "outside" versions). Plus, actually, I think children at Year 7+ should have really outgrown SPI bags. It would appear to me that they would prefer something a little more stylish (though not necessarily more expensive).

There are lots of backpacks for laptops sold in Hong Kong. However, the available colours are limited: mostly "geek colours" like black, dark brown, dark blue, etc. Many retailers do not seem to be keen on stocking up with nicer colours (say, lighter colours or even floral prints etc). I have tried online shops selling backpacks at good prices. However, most do not ship to Hong Kong.    

25#
發表於 07-6-18 11:06 |只看該作者

I also look for  a school bag for my daughter who will be a year 6 student in RC in August. And of course, the school bag should be suitable for holding a laptop when she is in year 7 & upper.

So, would any secondary student's parent can share on this issue?

Million thanks!!!!!!!

26#
發表於 07-6-26 22:38 |只看該作者

Are the parents ordering for the laptops now?  The form says this week so we're also looking at it.  Any advice?

醒目開學勳章

27#
發表於 07-6-27 13:30 |只看該作者

Hi, hjm

我已買 laptops, Year 7 一定要用.

醒目開學勳章

28#
發表於 07-6-27 13:31 |只看該作者

Hi, hjm

我已買 laptops, Year 7 一定要用.

29#
發表於 07-6-27 14:15 |只看該作者

I have also ordered the laptop since all secondary students have to bring their own laptop to school everyday. (Primary students, however, will each be assigned a Macbook for use at school.)
They do not need to have a Macbook (I think they can also use a PC laptop, but you need to check with the school about it), and they do not need to buy the Macbook from school (if you already have a Macbook at home, then obviously you do not need to buy a new one).
They have a special student price at apple.com.hk. If you order from the website direct, you can get a discounted student price and an ipod for free.
But if you are ordering with this package offer for RC students, the price for the Macbook itself is even cheaper ($1000 cheaper than the special student price at the website), and you get a discount for iWork (word processing software like MS Word/Office), and you get an extended 3 year warranty (normally there is only a 1 year warranty). Plus, if something goes wrong with your Macbook, all you have to do is bring it to the service desk at school and they will fix it for you. And in the meantime, they will lend you a Macbook for use.

30#
發表於 07-6-27 19:14 |只看該作者

Thanks very much for the advice!  That's what I'm thinking of getting through the purchase process at school.  I think we'll get the better version though it's close to HKD10k.  Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題