樓主: memehayleybb
go

想k2後 讀兩間學校   [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 13-7-26 23:11 |只看該作者

引用:回復+shadeslayer+的帖子 Yes+I+saw+the+p

原帖由 fanfanbb 於 13-07-26 發表
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

Yes I saw the programme and recall some go to swim then finish her homework ...
Honeybunny rightly said the point about discussion in forums is to give reasons so others can make up their mind.  I'd like to understand why you think 2 kinders is the only choice for some circumstances. Not 1 full day kinder, but jt has to be two kinders. What are those circumstances?

The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

122#
發表於 13-7-26 23:16 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+honeybunny7+於+13-07-26+發

原帖由 shadeslayer 於 13-07-26 發表
1. A few of us, including me, have been giving our reasons, people just chose not to listen and not  ...
我唔會係呢個thread再回應你。因為我地 not on the same level.

Xxxxxx

You see honeybunny, oftentimes it is not me who refuses to communicate.

123#
發表於 13-7-26 23:56 |只看該作者
好多時父母以為讀兩間幼稚園好, 但小朋友唔使午睡?大家有無經驗?就算全日制幼稚園都有午睡拉!!

124#
發表於 13-7-26 23:58 |只看該作者

回覆:memehayleybb 的帖子

I am going to send my younger kid to 2 kiddies from K1. The reasons are:
1) instead of watching TV with the Maid, I prefer to send him to the closest kiddy with proper nursing.
2) make good use of the govt subsidy, reduce my expense on the playgroup.

These are simple....

125#
發表於 13-7-27 00:25 |只看該作者
AggieBB 發表於 13-7-26 23:58
I am going to send my younger kid to 2 kiddies from K1. The reasons are:
1) instead of watching TV w ...
Thanks. Why not full day nursery or morning nursery and half day childcare?   Why does it have to be two kindies?

126#
發表於 13-7-27 00:28 |只看該作者
我好懷疑小朋友讀兩間的用處,會唔會讀下午班時睡著了?

127#
發表於 13-7-27 00:39 |只看該作者

回覆:shadeslayer 的帖子

The pm one is the normal kiddy with government subsidy.

128#
發表於 13-7-27 00:48 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 shadeslayer 於 13-7-27 00:50 編輯
AggieBB 發表於 13-7-27 00:39
The pm one is the normal kiddy with government subsidy.

Thanks.  But that was not what I was asking.
I would like to know

(1) why full day nursery or morning nursery and half day childcare do not work for you?   Why does it have to be two kindies?

(2) would you make your child attend 2 kindies without government subsidy?

129#
發表於 13-7-27 01:21 |只看該作者
回復 mldaddy 的帖子

It may be true in your ideal world, but i seriously don't think that's what the colleges think, period.

130#
發表於 13-7-27 02:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 mldaddy 於 13-7-27 02:50 編輯

回復 honeybunny7 的帖子

Oh, what should I say ... I was just trying to say something positive and encouraging, to show respect (or 'admiration' in fanfanbb's word) to your noble choice?!

Ok, as a parent, you have chosen to give up your career, made the very tough decision to sacrifice for your children. I suppose you have considered this thoroughly and identified something that matters more than what the colleges think. But it seems there may be sort of second-guessing now. If this is true, I can feel how immense the pressure is!

Anyway, if my previous (or this) post have made you uncomfortable, it is not my intention and I apologize. Not of the same gender, I'd rather stop volunteering further comments. Have a good day.

131#
發表於 13-7-27 03:24 |只看該作者
honeybunny7 發表於 13-7-27 01:21
回復 mldaddy 的帖子

It may be true in your ideal world, but i seriously don't think that's what the ...
Why is a stay home mother from an Ivy or Oxbridge a waste of money?  I just don't get it.
Education makes a better person, whatever he or she chooses to do.  Being a mother or father is not an exception.  

132#
發表於 13-7-27 03:33 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+mldaddy+於+13-7-27+02:50+編

原帖由 mldaddy 於 13-07-27 發表
本帖最後由 mldaddy 於 13-7-27 02:50 編輯

回復 honeybunny7 的帖子
I believe she did not say she actually gave up her career.

133#
發表於 13-7-27 07:03 |只看該作者

回覆:想k2後 讀兩間學校

兩間?

134#
發表於 13-7-27 07:17 |只看該作者

From costing prospective, attending 2 kiddies are approx 5K (AM intl kiddy: 4K +
PM local kiddy: 1K) vs full-day intl kiddy 8K.

3K different is substantial to us.

We are not that kind of parents struggling between local and intl stream. We hv elder kid who is studying in IS. We are just concerned about the resources and kid development ( watching too much tv at home).

點評

Ononma  Hi AiggieBB, pm 左你,please check.  發表於 13-7-27 08:22

135#
發表於 13-7-27 08:32 |只看該作者
我都認識部份家庭,send 小朋友去2 間 kinder, 上午一間 pure "Learn-Through-Play" English medium only 兼無功課 嘅 international kiddy, 下午就一間local kiddy.

佢地係 target intl primary, 讀intl kiddy 係想有 priority, 讀多一間 local kiddy 係想學中文、數學和有些功課做。

136#
發表於 13-7-27 09:57 |只看該作者

引用:From+costing+prospective,+attending+2+ki

原帖由 AggieBB 於 13-07-27 發表
From costing prospective, attending 2 kiddies are approx 5K (AM intl kiddy: 4K +
PM local kiddy: 1K) ...
I don't have your family details and I can't judge you in particular. However,

1. Do you know two kindies have two set of learning objectives and fixed lesson times doing fixed things. Two assessment reports or exam reports. Some local kindies have a lot of homework, projects and copying English and Chinese words, tests and exams.  

2. Do you know biology research and pediatrician said children at that age need a lot sleep?  Including afternoon nap.  Children get tired more easily and they can learn only when they feel comfortable. I have seen research saying children with better sleep learn better.

3. Do you know Education experts tell us that children need free time to explore with no fixed agenda, watch the street, follow the ants in the park, etc? It is good for them to intrigue themselves with the wonders of the world. Children's wonders are as simple as watching a bird bath in a pool of water at the sidewalk.

4. Do you know attending 2 kindies is probably not good for the whole person development of the child.

These are normally the advice to new parents around what is good for the children. Why do you think your child is unique and all these good advice do not apply?  Do you know your child would probably envy other children who get to be free and play in the afternoon in the garden, in the park, on the beach, have nap time etc.

To me the solution to your problem is extremely easy. Don't let the child watch TV. Lock the TV. Remove the TV in the living room and have a smaller one in your bed room for yourself and lock the room in day time. Provide the children with lots of toys, a set of crayons and lots of books. Ask the maid to read to them (must have a maid that has good English) Learning is not enough in this case?

Or, why not half day intl kinder and half day child care center?  Child care center don't normally have TVs. Learning is not enough in this case?

Or, why not asking your maid to take your child to different parks for one hour, take a bath and have a sport class and go to supermarket with the maid every afternoon?

Or, Have you considered letting go of the full time maid and use local pay-by-the-hour maids and you save $3000 for full day nursery?

I can easily think of many alternatives. I am sure you can too. These are much better options than 2 kindies in terms of children developmental needs at kindergarten age.  

Children development needs is SCIENCE, not shadelayer's personal opinion.

137#
發表於 13-7-27 10:12 |只看該作者

Thanks! You hv your point. But in reality, Maid has a lot of works who is preferred to switch on the TV which is the best way to claim the kid down. We do hv a lot of books and toys, is it possible to hv the Maid to read and play with him for 4 hrs?
We can insist no tv for the first few weeks. After that, we hv to look for some activities eg playgroup to spend his time. The ultimate spending and resources demand may be higher than sending him to an easy local kiddy which is just down stair of my building. Additional helper is too luxury for us.

點評

fanfanbb  I fully respect your choice.  發表於 13-7-27 16:54
fanfanbb  And, I won't allow only one person to take my boy put. To me it's dangerous. My instruction that every time needs two persons to carry my boy out  發表於 13-7-27 16:53
fanfanbb  One maid is impossible to look after a very young kid. And when she's engaged in housework, she won't have much capacity to play with the boy.  發表於 13-7-27 16:52

138#
發表於 13-7-27 11:01 |只看該作者

引用:我都認識部份家庭,send+小朋友去2+間+kind

原帖由 Ononma 於 13-07-27 發表
我都認識部份家庭,send 小朋友去2 間 kinder, 上午一間 pure "Learn-Through-Play" English medium only  ...
Preschoolers need a lot of time with parents, a lot of free time to explore, and a lot of sleep for their brain development. Unless you child is special, they don't need 多D中文、數學和有些功課做。

139#
發表於 13-7-27 11:13 |只看該作者

引用:Thanks!+You+hv+your+point.+But+in+realit

本帖最後由 shadeslayer 於 13-7-27 11:22 編輯
原帖由 AggieBB 於 13-07-27 發表
Thanks! You hv your point. But in reality, Maid has a lot of works who is preferred to switch on the ...

Have you looked at all my suggestions. Whatever you want to achieve with 2 Kinders for your child, I bet your child can do "better" by not having 2 Kinders and follow some of the suggestions above and those from articles on children needs.

140#
發表於 13-7-27 11:21 |只看該作者
AggieBB 發表於 13-7-27 10:12
Thanks! You hv your point. But in reality, Maid has a lot of works who is preferred to switch on the ...

How about letting your maid bring your kid to the club house in your building, if there is one, or a nearby park for half or one hour a day?  Just let the kid play and explore.  Kids are learning something even they just sit and observe.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題