用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer fr ...
樓主: AnGrydAdi
go

ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer from ESF primary school [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 10-2-5 12:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 11:58 發表

next round offer? it will directly filled from the waiting list

So if you think your son's performance in RC interview deserves to be have an offer or listed on waiting list, try your best effort to find out the reasons or fix the mistakes.
(rather than keep waiting WKS contacting RC when they have time, and then reply you when they are not busy).

122#
發表於 10-2-5 12:45 |只看該作者
yes, the teacher never writes anything to us in the communication book even if something happened to our kid at school.
No outing, picnic, no library books to bring home.  The only picnic day they promoted in the beginning of the school year were cancelled after a few months and as far as i know, they did nothing for the so called picnic day before they cancelled it.  They just asked the kids to bring back some food and eat during studio time on their own.

As far as i know, TY principal kept emailing them every week and they feel she is very hard working.  Before the interview, the school will inform the parents of the kids who will have primary interview in the same group.  They then advised them go together to get familiar with each other and advise them to organise some playdates for the same group.  They also advised them what to do in the playdates. TY has done a lot more to the students.

原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-5 11:54 發表
yes, I agree ESF is the lowest and relatively affordable among IS kinder.  But is it worth this amount in terms of this placement result?  My communication book will be definitely empty if I did not w ...

123#
發表於 10-2-5 12:47 |只看該作者
jjson,

I am not sure about the placement rate of TY kinder.  I know personally desperate parents with children in different classes failing in both ESF primary schools and PIS interviews, some even with siblings in the ESF primary.  Some others, mostly in Cat 2, are on waitlist of one school only right now.

I was told by one of the desperate parents that there would not be any K3 in TY in the coming academic year.  Not sure if it is true.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 16:18 編輯 ]

124#
發表於 10-2-5 12:50 |只看該作者
many parents in AM will meet tomorrow and discuss about the matter.

125#
發表於 10-2-5 12:50 |只看該作者
I trust many WKS parents are too busy to look for alternative at this moment and will not spend much time here

126#
發表於 10-2-5 12:52 |只看該作者
myjasmine,

TY kinder let parents know the interview grouping because we asked for it.  In fact, there were parents taking initiative to share information among themselves and organize playdates well before the kinder took any action.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 12:54 編輯 ]

127#
發表於 10-2-5 13:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 12:50 發表
many parents in AM will meet tomorrow and discuss about the matter.

myjasmine,
Would u mind telling me about the meeting?  I didn't get this info bcos my son is sick today.

128#
發表於 10-2-5 13:48 |只看該作者
According to the rules on ESF web site:

CAT 1 (Students who cannot attend a local school)
CAT 2 (Students who can access the local system)

Priority will be given in this order:
1. CAT 1 + Siblings
2. CAT 1 + ESF Kinder for at least 2 terms
3. CAT 1 + Non ESF Kinder (e.g. Kingston, etc)
4. CAT 2 + Siblings
5. CAT 2 + ESF Kinder for at least 2 terms
6. CAT 2 + Non ESF Kinder (e.g. Kingston, etc)

Assuming you are local Chinese, your kid is CAT 2.

Since ESF WKS opened on August 20009, I would assume that most students would have been going to ESF kinder for less than 2 terms (unless they were transferred from another ESF which is not very likely).

If this is the case then most WKS student will be in group #6, the lowest group, unless they have siblings already in ESF.

Does that explain why TY seems to be doing better (at least #5) and those in WKS who got admitted seems to have siblings already in ESF (at least #4).

So maybe no one is prejudicing against WKS or that WKS is doing a really bad job.

Anyways, hope all of you will land a school soon.

[ 本帖最後由 nadal 於 10-2-5 14:21 編輯 ]

129#
發表於 10-2-5 14:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 nadal 於 10-2-5 13:48 發表
According to the rules on ESF web site:

CAT 1 (Students who cannot attend a local school)
CAT 2 (Students who can access the local system)

Priority will be given in this order:
1. CAT 1 + Siblings
2 ...

last year, WKS proudly announced thro' their website in the first year, all K2 appliants could waive from that "studying 2-term" policy. They should have the same priority for INTERVIEW as those in TY/Sheung Wan/Abacus.
I guess all WKS applicants should grant an INTERVIEW in first round.

130#
發表於 10-2-5 14:39 |只看該作者
yes, i guess parents would not have transferred their kids to WKS for K2 if the "studying 2-term" policy not be waived.  They did promise about that, but of course just about proiroty for interview.

131#
發表於 10-2-5 15:08 |只看該作者
Hi myjasmine,

pls check pm, thanks!

132#
發表於 10-2-5 15:23 |只看該作者
if that's the case, then WKS's result should more or less be on par with the others, such as TY.

133#
發表於 10-2-5 15:42 |只看該作者
ic81473, pls see PM>

134#
發表於 10-2-5 16:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 nadal 於 10-2-5 15:23 發表
if that's the case, then WKS's result should more or less be on par with the others, such as TY.

So any problems on WKS kindergarden strategy

135#
發表於 10-2-5 16:07 |只看該作者
Hi, the PM system erased all my records and so I lost ur contact, could u mind to drop me a sms for record?

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 15:42 發表
ic81473, pls see PM>

136#
發表於 10-2-5 17:36 |只看該作者
What's the success rate in say TY?

If indeed the success rate is only 20% in ESF WKS, then that's definitely a problem.

137#
發表於 10-2-5 17:51 |只看該作者
In past years, many students on waitlist were eventually offered a place in either ESF primary schools or PIS.  So the first round result is not representative.  With the categorization and priority consideration in place, the ESF system is quite complicated.  The picture would become clearer in the coming months.  If the success rate remains low at the end, WKS really need to communicate more with the primary schools and do a thorough review.  To draw a conclusion now may be a bit early.

原帖由 nadal 於 10-2-5 17:36 發表
What's the success rate in say TY?
If indeed the success rate is only 20% in ESF WKS, then that's definitely a problem.

138#
發表於 10-2-5 18:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 17:51 發表
In past years, many students on waitlist were eventually offered a place in either ESF primary schools or PIS.  So the first round result is not representative.  With the categorization and priority c ...

can you advise where you found the final placement record in ESF primary?

and the record of how many students finally got offers in the waiting list

139#
發表於 10-2-5 18:13 |只看該作者
From the kindergarten.  The overall percentage of successful placement, without breakdown of offers in the first and subsequent rounds, was given out when the whole exercise was over.  We were told that all students of TY who had to attend interview for a second time last year eventually got offers.  But for schools with an overwhelming number of Cat 1 applicants, such as CWBS and KJS, the chance for children on waitlist to get an offer would be slim.  I know that a few of them were offered a place in schools outside the catchment areas.  All these are just for reference because situation varies from year to year.  As long as your child is on waitlist, not failed in the interview, there may still be a way out.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 23:32 編輯 ]

140#
發表於 10-2-5 19:59 |只看該作者
以去年青衣英基之做法,是學生如果在waitlist內,找一位老師將這組人補習,再過一兩個月,安排這些學生再面試,機會都好大.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題