教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Singapore International School
樓主: kannes
go

Singapore International School [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 06-5-3 14:17 |只看該作者

Re: Singapore International School

ultravox,

So great that your son can sing Japanese song!  Are you Japanese?

ultravox 寫道:
Hi SIS moms

I too am most impressed with the excellent performance of our SIS primary children.  All the rehearsals and after school practise are well worth it as this is also one of the best shows I have seen.  The music, costume, lyrics, background etc are of professional standard, and all children are so confident and showed that they enjoyed being part of the team.  

My son is in P1 and was in scene 3 Fun, Fun, Fun.  He was singing the Japanese son.  I tought scene 3 was the best in particular the dance in between each song... exellent production.

I cant wait for the DVD to come out for purchase. I am very proud that my son is part of this memorable event.

P1 parent.

102#
發表於 06-5-3 17:01 |只看該作者

Hi
No, we are Chinese.  The name of the song is called "The Japanese Welcome song" in scene 3.  But I know a few Japanese kids in SIS and some Koreans too.

103#
發表於 06-5-4 18:49 |只看該作者

florence 寫道:
hi yyyy,

"雖然妳的daddy,mommy間屋沒有妳同學仔大, 又沒有車, 但妳依然可以讀國際學校, 妳所需要的沒有缺乏, 妳要學的東西無部都可以學, 所以妳要好好珍惜...."

為左小朋友得到自己認為最好的教育又有什麼所謂呢 ? 好傾就傾多幾句囉!(

覺得你講得好好.Actually,do u mind if I ask about the web site of SIS.and can u tell me that what is PY1 and where is SIS,CIS ,German swiss ,HKIS and the full name of them and the fee of each month ar?and My daughter is only one year old.But how does she speak english and mandarin during interview ar?(I mean when she is 2 years old)and I also want my daughter can speak mandarin .which school can fulfill ar?thank a lot!

104#
發表於 06-5-4 18:52 |只看該作者

Hi all,
I just want to ask something ar!
is there any K1 international school my daughter can join ar.....?SIS?

105#
發表於 06-5-6 10:06 |只看該作者

rosannaching,

SIS只有2年的幼稚園,4歲才可入學,即local school的K2, SIS叫PY1和PY2,到6歲可以入小學,通常是直升,幼稚園和小一都有5-6班,不過因要有中學, 遲D唔知會唔會小D班.所以NURSARY和K1我們要先找另外一間幼稚園,好似我個細女,依家2歲幾, 讀緊一間LOCAL KINDER,等佢足歲才轉返SIS,當然希望SIS收佢啦!

小朋友INTERVIEW時已3歲, 一般可以用英文或國語(中國和台灣的小朋友)回答,我個大女個時就算單字回答都OK,就是唔可以講廣東話,唔知依家有沒有改,因依家多左人比小朋友讀國際學校和早左教小朋友講英文,我見到有D朋友自少在家就用英文和BB對話,加上工人的效用, 小朋友都可以應付的;

我和先生就沒有刻意和BB用英文對話,但工人和家姐就和BB講英文,在雙語環境下,她說得比較慢,但見到佢2歲後懂得對工人講英文,對我們講廣東話都很安慰.

SIS = Singapore International School
CIS - Chinese International School
GSIS = German Swiss International School
HKIS = Hong Kong International School

我想sis,cis和gsis的學費都差唔多,hkis就比較貴d;不過其實每間國際學校都有佢的好處和弱點,最重要揀一間自己認為適合便可.

rosannaching 寫道:
覺得你講得好好.Actually,do u mind if I ask about the web site of SIS.and can u tell me that what is PY1 and where is SIS,CIS ,German swiss ,HKIS and the full name of them and the fee of each month ar?and My daughter is only one year old.But how does she speak english and mandarin during interview ar?(I mean when she is 2 years old)and I also want my daughter can speak mandarin .which school can fulfill ar?thank a lot!

106#
發表於 06-5-6 16:13 |只看該作者

想問下SIS 既mami, 你地小朋友入讀SIS 之前係o係邊間kinder讀?

107#
發表於 06-5-6 23:36 |只看該作者

Before SIS, my son studied in YMCA International Kindergarden at TST.

108#
發表於 06-5-9 12:43 |只看該作者

Before SIS, my daughter studied at Funful - La Salle

109#
發表於 06-5-10 23:41 |只看該作者

yyyy,

how do you compare cis and sis? my girl is now 3. can speak both english and mandarin.

I'm still considering whether cis or sis. and when she finished k1 or local k3? I understand that written test is required for applying p1.

any tips?

110#
發表於 06-5-11 08:24 |只看該作者

Hi all moms,

Is there any school bus for students living at Yuen Long?

111#
發表於 06-5-11 10:58 |只看該作者

03baby,

So great to hear that your 3 years old girl can speak both english and mandarin.

My 2.5 years old girl neither can speak cantonese well nor english, so bad!

Both CIS and SIS, I think are good schools.  I heard from a mom whom has two sons.  The older one transfered to CIS in P5 and found that CIS is more project-oriented and SIS is more academic and one year academic level higher than CIS. Personally, both schools I also like. Also, I think GSIS and HKIS are good too.

03baby 寫道:
yyyy,

how do you compare cis and sis? my girl is now 3. can speak both english and mandarin.

I'm still considering whether cis or sis. and when she finished k1 or local k3? I understand that written test is required for applying p1.

any tips?

112#
發表於 06-5-11 10:59 |只看該作者

Sim,

Please ask Kwong Chung at 2578 1178 Ms Ho for SIS.

Sim 寫道:
Hi all moms,

Is there any school bus for students living at Yuen Long?

113#
發表於 06-5-11 23:58 |只看該作者

Thanks yyyy, I'd prefer sis and cis due to the chinese level. I'm thinking about sis. But some concerns :-

1) singalish
2) lots of homework (more than band 1 local sch)
3) not IB curriculum

114#
發表於 06-5-12 15:30 |只看該作者

03baby,

1) singalish
I found that even though students speak singlish, they are not learn from teachers, they learn from their classmates. Reasons: 1. Their english teachers are foreigners; 2. Most of the singaporean teachers' tone is OK, not so singlish, except the principal.

It's impossible to have more homework than local schools.  You can say they have more homework than other international schools as they are more academic. Up to now (P4), I no need to take care of my child's homework, test and exams. (just give some advise on time schedules sometimes)

3) not IB curriculum

I have heard that they are the same curriculum as Singapore Secondary school, ie. 4 years + 2 years. Please tell me what's the effects for this curriculum.  I still don't know.

03baby 寫道:
Thanks yyyy, I'd prefer sis and cis due to the chinese level. I'm thinking about sis. But some concerns :-

1) singalish
3) not IB curriculum

115#
發表於 06-5-12 21:15 |只看該作者

yyyy 寫道:
Florence,
最後都沒有機會與妳say hello!原來有3levels, 我是circle level 3, 不過我就真是有落足眼力睇妳個女, 好似都幾高, 是嗎? PY的小朋友都表演得很好,沒有走來走去,最開心係見到佢地天真地執地下閃紙,令我回想當年我個女細個時表演完執閃紙的情況(原來今次我個女都有執閃紙,成個褲袋都是)…

hi yyyy,

當晚我地坐約第五行, 同個台好近, 睇得好清楚, 而且亞女行出黎既時, 突然同觀眾揮手(可能佢博搶鏡), 笑死到我同daddy...

係呀, 佢都算幾高, 果晚佢開心到飛起, 不過就非常累, 未返到屋企就訓著了.....

116#
發表於 06-5-12 21:21 |只看該作者

tmlklstkjtrl 寫道:
想問下SIS 既mami, 你地小朋友入讀SIS 之前係o係邊間kinder讀?

我個女讀scared heart

117#
發表於 06-5-12 23:48 |只看該作者

florence,
我都想細囡入sacred heart, 但你囡囡上到SIS有沒有什麼銜接困難?
你囡囡是P1轉入去的嗎?

118#
發表於 06-5-13 00:02 |只看該作者

yyyy,

thanks for the info. i called sis. they asked me to send in application form during or after summer. coz they are busy with sept admission.

119#
發表於 06-5-15 00:24 |只看該作者

tmlklstkjtrl 寫道:
florence,
我都想細囡入sacred heart, 但你囡囡上到SIS有沒有什麼銜接困難?
你囡囡是P1轉入去的嗎?

Hi tmlklstkjtrl,

我個女係sacred heart讀完k1之後就轉左去SIS讀PY1, 初期係英文同普通話方面未必能夠完全掌握, 不過好快就可以適應 (大約1個月左右).....其他各方面都無問題, 佢返學都不知幾enjoy !!

120#
發表於 06-5-15 16:24 |只看該作者

florence,

真羨慕妳可以坐咁前, 我們坐樓上, 個女又細粒, 真很難睇得清楚呀!

我前段日子在sis的bookstore買了一setvcd"我會說華語", 比個細女睇,佢日日都讓著睇, 依家都識d國語!很有趣的, 價錢是hk$99. 如果在bookfair就有8折.

florence 寫道:
[quote]
yyyy 寫道:
Florence,
最後都沒有機會與妳say hello!原來有3levels, 我是circle level 3, 不過我就真是有落足眼力睇妳個女, 好似都幾高, 是嗎? PY的小朋友都表演得很好,沒有走來走去,最開心係見到佢地天真地執地下閃紙,令我回想當年我個女細個時表演完執閃紙的情況(原來今次我個女都有執閃紙,成個褲袋都是)…

hi yyyy,

當晚我地坐約第五行, 同個台好近, 睇得好清楚, 而且亞女行出黎既時, 突然同觀眾揮手(可能佢博搶鏡), 笑死到我同daddy...

係呀, 佢都算幾高, 果晚佢開心到飛起, 不過就非常累, 未返到屋企就訓著了.....[/quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題