搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 2006年9月TSL小一家長請進
樓主: kawaihappy
go

2006年9月TSL小一家長請進 [複製鏈接]

1101#
發表於 08-11-5 13:07 |只看該作者
TINGMUM,

For us, the venue is also in HK island as TSL belongs to the "urban district" (U) so for most of the time, the veune will either be in HK island or in Kowloon.

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 08-11-5 11:50 發表

HEIDI 媽, PRINCIPAL,
校際朗誦你地小朋友埸地派左去邊? 我一個去灣仔, 一個去北角, 住新界要樸咁遠, 又唔熟地點, 好唔方便!

另想問,  我剛去了金洋買仔仔冬天校服, 除了灰短褲外, 金洋比了冬天灰色長褲 ...

1102#
發表於 08-11-5 13:16 |只看該作者
angelprincess,

Yes, it's true that there are not so many chances for our children to practise French in our daily lives in HK unless some of our family members do speak French at home.

However, we can try to maximize the time of their exposure by encouraging our children to speak more French to their French-speaking schoolmates and also the native/local French teachers in school.
While they are at home, they can watch some TV programmes about France or play some French-learning games on the internet.

Hopefully they can master this thrid language upto certain level by the time when they graduate.

原帖由 angelprincess 於 08-11-5 12:26 發表

My daughter is now a P4 student of TSL, we have chose French for her.  It's a bit difficult for her as she seldom use French daily.  But the lessons are quite interesting, she loves it.  Japanese is a ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 08-11-5 13:32 編輯 ]

1103#
發表於 08-11-5 13:20 |只看該作者
ahchoi & TINGMUM,

Yes, everybody lacks time.
Therefore, time management is very very important for both our children and ourselves as we are living in HK.

原帖由 ahchoi 於 08-11-5 12:27 發表

Hi Tingmum,

Yes, feel guilty as well. Hope things can be better next year by re-arranging my annual leave.

Ahchoi

1104#
發表於 08-11-5 14:29 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

1105#
發表於 08-11-5 14:39 |只看該作者

I'm a working mother too

Principal,

是。我也覺得時間管理對於我們這班在職媽媽真的是十分緊要。現在我的女兒會主動在我放工回家前做妥功課,那些真的不懂的會留待我回到家時教她;須然她並不是聰明的一群,但我也沒有聘請補習老師,因我不希望她太過依賴補習老師。我希望她除了在TSL有一個愉快的學習環境外,也希望她能學懂不依賴及有獨立思考能力。

很開心我女兒能於陳守仁讀書,她今年已是四年級了。她很喜歡上學,喜歡這所學校、老師和同學,每天回來都會講述她於學校所發生的事;我也很開心她有這樣的一個小學童年。希望TSL繼續其辦學宗旨讓更多小朋友開開心心的讀書。

噢!我又長篇大論了!真對不起!

1106#
發表於 08-11-5 17:02 |只看該作者
angelprincess,

I think you have done the right thing on time managment.

And you are definitely not long-winded when compared to me!!  

Please come here more often to share your experience with us as we need more input from parents of senior grades, in addition to the new P1 parents.

原帖由 angelprincess 於 08-11-5 14:39 發表

Principal,

是。我也覺得時間管理對於我們這班在職媽媽真的是十分緊要。現在我的女兒會主動在我放工回家前做妥功課,那些真的不懂的會留待我回到家時教她;須然她並不是聰明的一群,但我也沒有聘請補習老師,因我不希望她太 ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 08-11-6 09:30 編輯 ]

1107#
發表於 08-11-5 17:27 |只看該作者
Sure!  

1108#
發表於 08-11-6 19:11 |只看該作者
hello all,
wahooo!! it's a very longlife thread!!
our son is in k2 this year, and my wife and i wondering which primary school is good for him ofr the next year application.
we have visited Camoes on 1st may with our son and all of us were very impressed and found that the local and pupils are good and nice!
but when i learnt that they have something like 2500 application forms this year.... i'm start to worry.
hereby, i come here willing to meet more parents in this school and get more information about the school and life inside. hope that we would be more ready for the competition in the coming year!!
希望各位多多指教!!!!

1109#
發表於 08-11-6 19:36 |只看該作者
hi again angelprincess,
just learn that your daughter taking the french lesson. is it her 3rd language or 2nd language?!
may i know how does it work in Camoes?!
english is the main lauguage they use right!? and then the pupils have to choose between chinese, french or japanese?!
or chinese (mandarin) must be the 2nd language and they only can choose between french or japanese as 3rd language?!!

by the way, are you taking lesson a l'alliance francaise?! french is actually not a difficult language as it seems to be. it's much easier than mandarin i would say. it's just not as easy as english in grammar.
we have quite a lot of french movies, cartoons for kids at home, feel free to let me know if you are interested to borrow some.

原帖由 angelprincess 於 08-11-5 12:26 發表
My daughter is now a P4 student of TSL, we have chose French for her.  It's a bit difficult for her as she seldom use French daily.  But the lessons are quite interesting, she loves it.  Japanese is a ...

1110#
發表於 08-11-7 09:56 |只看該作者
Hi Florstangraphy,

French is my daughter's 3rd language.  Not as difficult as the students who take it as 2nd language.  I chose French instead of Japanese because it has launched for several years before my daughter joined TSL.    Usually students who are not Chinese (my daughter called them French students) will take French as their 2nd language.  And English is the main language, all lesson will be taught in English except Chinese.  For Chinese, it will be taught in Putonghua.

Yes, I'm now taking lessons in Alliance francaise. Just level 2, but it's quite difficult for me , may be I'm getter older.  I found that English & Mandarin is much easier (may be we're Chinese)

Thank you so much.  It's quite good for my daughter if she can watch French cartoons.  Where can I buy the cartoons?

1111#
發表於 08-11-7 10:21 |只看該作者
dear angel princess,
i'm chinese too, but my wife is french. she has taken some lesson of cantonese, but speak very few and doesn't read at all.
that why she want absolutely our son go to an english primary so that she can follow his education, talk to the teachers, make friends with the parents, help him do the homework, share his school life etc. and i only have do the chinese part   
more than that, as Camoes has french to learn! it's really an ideal school for our son at the moment.
just the competition is still very big as only 1/16 applicant get into P1....

1112#
發表於 08-11-7 10:33 |只看該作者
for the french cartoon, it's true that it's not easy to find in hong kong. most of ours are spent by friends and family from france.
however, i do think they have a quite impressive library at alliance francaise at jordan. you may able to borrow some there as well.
we actually live in ma wan. and work in sheung wan area. if we find a convenience way to meet, maybe we can make a pool of vcd/dvd of chinese/ english / french cartoon/ animation for exchange and borrow. and of cause books as well.
i know that some french experts in hkg they do that, just need to organize and make a list then meet once per week or per month to renew the pool.
how does it sound?!

1113#
發表於 08-11-7 13:34 |只看該作者
It sounds good.  Thank you so much for your sharing.  But as my daughter may not have too much time to watch extra books or cartoons (especially near the exam or term test).  I think it's better to have books or cartoons sharing every two to three weeks.  BTW, I work in Central, I think it's convenience for us to share the materials.  Once again, thank you very much for your sharing.

1114#
發表於 08-11-7 18:07 |只看該作者
it works for everybody!
i will talk with my wife and make a list.
then we can sum up with all other as a pool of books and cartoons and animations etc.
i will get back to you later!

1115#
發表於 08-11-8 00:13 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot for your effort!  But please don't push you wife as she may has lots of housework to do.  She can start at anytime.  I can give a helping hand too.

1116#
發表於 08-11-20 20:01 |只看該作者
Dear all,

Are you aware that the new Creative Writing has been posted on the school website?

The good thing about the new format is that the pupils can draw pictures on the left side and have plenty of space to write on the right side.
Hence, the words will not be covered by the huge/attractive pictures now.

Another good thing is that one classmate’s comment can be added so pupils can share different ideas on each other’s work.

The only down side is that even when you enlarge the writing on the computer screen, it is still not so easy for readers to see the words clearly.

Nevertheless, this is still a great improvement.

Hope our children can write/draw more great work following this new format.

1117#
發表於 08-11-21 08:10 |只看該作者

1118#
發表於 08-11-21 13:19 |只看該作者
Heidi媽,

Based on your descriptions below, do you think your son is a gifted child?

If yes, you may consider to seek for professional advice from some sources.

原帖由 Heidi媽 於 08-11-21 08:10 發表

Hi principal,

多謝提醒! 我剛剛上網看發現仔仔的 creative writing has been posted on the website.  

其實呢幾天我都不太開心, 所以沒有上來! 因仔的assignment book 給老師寫他在各課堂時上堂不專心, 上堂又自 ...

1119#
發表於 08-11-25 07:35 |只看該作者

1120#
發表於 08-11-25 07:41 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題