樓主: Radiomama
go

HKPS 07' Parent Talk [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-4-30 13:53 |只看該作者

Re: HKPS 07' Parent Talk

Hi All,

我終於致電給校長問了學校的校舍問題, 學校已決定搬遷!
新地址有待教署批核, 所以學校未能公佈, 儘量會於本星期內發通知, 及稍後會安排簡介會.
新校舍的資料:
1)原先校監打算開辦新幼稚園用, 所以裝修工作正在趕工.
2)地方較大, 有open area, 但不是獨立屋. 不用行樓梯, 一層過.
3)近地鐵站, 交通便利.

大家有無頭緒呢?

你認為如何? 不同地區, 日後收生情況就會不同, 學校老師也有可能會轉校, 學習氣氛和教學質素也許會變, 怎抉擇? 將來報讀直資和私立小學會否也有影響? 是我太多心, 還是你也有這憂慮?

Radiomama

:-|  :-|

82#
發表於 07-4-30 14:20 |只看該作者

radiomama,

many thanks for yr info.

i do have the same concerns as yours.  the location of school affects everything.  my hubby reminds me for school nearby hkps e.g. keenmind, will encounter the problem of noise and air pollution when contruction work begins.  

summerbb
summerbb :-P :-P

83#
發表於 07-4-30 14:37 |只看該作者

summerbb,

Then what's your decision?  I will pay the school fee of Victoria this Sat and I am really considering to choose Victoria rather than HKPS.

For the location of HKPS new campus, the principal mentioned that it would be on top of a MTR station.  What do you think? I'm afraid it will be located in Tsuen Wan Line / Tung Chung Line / Airport Express Line, then it will be far away from me!      

For the location of Victoria, it's not perfect but still better than the 新區!

For KM, I think it's OK!  My son joins the playgroup in Anfield now and there is a construction site nearby.  The noise is acceptable.

Radiomama

84#
發表於 07-5-2 15:45 |只看該作者

radiomama,

i'm still struggling!  my girl went for the interview of learning habitat and performed OK.   I might have to choose from three kgs then.

what would you choose among km, learning habitat (hung hom) and hkps (viewing to its present uncertainty)?    真係頭都大    

what's yr comment on anfield playgroup?  and how much?  I plan to find a english playgroup with foreign tutor on weekday for my girl.

summerbb

85#
發表於 07-5-2 19:01 |只看該作者

學校話今晚會有通告,星期五會有家長會。

86#
發表於 07-5-2 20:33 |只看該作者

The notice show on web site la~~ pls go and check it~~

87#
發表於 07-5-2 20:36 |只看該作者

校舍簡介會
五月四日 (星期五)

第一場
現就讀本校之家長:晚上八時正至八時三十分

第二場
新生家長        :晚上八時三十分至九時正

OR
五月十一日(星期五)晚上六時三十分至七時三十分

88#
發表於 07-5-3 12:55 |只看該作者

summerbb,

It all depends on which area you live!

Learning Habitat-it's new and the facilities are good! Last year, i have applied this too but it was a little bite late, so i only got the pm seat, that's why i gave up.  But I have tried the playgroup on sat for two months.  The chinese teacher was good but the NET was so and so!

HKPS-the new campus would be suitable and perfect to the one who live in West Kowloon/Mei Foo/Lei King.  But not me!
But then it will become a new school to the primary schools!  Pls consider if you are going to apply for 直資or私立小學.

KM-it's a good choice too!  Its location is good and it is well known to academic performance.  But pls check if the school owns the land!  It's very important!

Anfield-it's a good place to start schooling and the teachers are above average.  You could try the playgroup 2-days/week.  The teacher is Robert and he's great.  All the students there could speak in English gradually and some of them are foreigners.

Hope you could make a good choice!

Radiomama

89#
發表於 07-5-6 15:30 |只看該作者

Hi all,

For all the 07 K1 new parents, what's your decision?

I think we better have the discussion here rather than in the original one.  (since we are not that school's parents yet!)

I received the letter from the school on Sat.   Except the details about the briefing, there are some more info about the summer courses!  
So strange!  I think this school is going to close!   

Would you choose PIPS?  Any idea?

Radiomama

90#
發表於 07-5-7 12:04 |只看該作者

have u attended the breifing on last fri?  I will pssibly attend the one on 11 may and make decision thereafter.

i think hkps shd refund the registration fee to parents that not choosing PIPS.  it is because we paid the fee based on a mutual agreement with hkps, kowloon tong not pips.  and now, hkps is failed to exercise the agreement.  is this resonable?  

big trouble la     

summerbb

91#
發表於 07-5-7 14:00 |只看該作者

I believe the registration fee are refundable.
Indeed, it is hard to find other school now.

92#
發表於 07-5-7 14:36 |只看該作者

hi, does anyone know more in detail how to get the registration fee back??  did the school actually said in this case the reg fee is refundable??

Fushia 寫道:
I believe the registration fee are refundable.
Indeed, it is hard to find other school now.

93#
發表於 07-5-7 14:46 |只看該作者

Yes.  During the briefing session last Friday, Mrs. Wong agreed refund the registration fee if we choose not to relocate to the new location.

94#
發表於 07-5-7 17:17 |只看該作者

咁what do we need to do to get the fee back, do we need to write to the school, or call....??

小霖媽媽 寫道:
Yes.  During the briefing session last Friday, Mrs. Wong agreed refund the registration fee if we choose not to relocate to the new location.

95#
發表於 07-5-7 21:30 |只看該作者

there is a form for U to fax back if U attend the meeting or I think the school will call U some time these days to ask U if U will stay or not ...
elainec 寫道:
咁what do we need to do to get the fee back, do we need to write to the school, or call....??

[quote]
小霖媽媽 寫道:
[/quote]

96#
發表於 07-5-7 21:53 |只看該作者

thank u!!! then i think i will wait until the end of this week, if i don't get a call then, i will call the school...

thanks again!

jc4358 寫道:
there is a form for U to fax back if U attend the meeting or I think the school will call U some time these days to ask U if U will stay or not ...[quote]
elainec 寫道:

97#
發表於 07-5-10 14:13 |只看該作者

So stay in HKPS? What is the decision? I am still struggling ...

98#
發表於 07-5-11 23:30 |只看該作者

does anyone of you attended the briefing update of relocation tonite?

I attended and didnt have a chance to raise my questions.   please let me know if you know the answer.  thanks

1.  why hkps aims to extend the tenant agreement form 1 to 3 years only, but not 4 yrs?  it is because it takes 4 years for a pn class student to study from this year till graduation.  does it means a pn student will have no chance of becoming a graduate of hkps? and they must become a graduate of pips if we choose to stay at hkps.  (provided that hkps is succeeded to extend the agreement for 3 years)

2.  if it is the case, have hkps informed the arrangement for those 2007 pn class students?  it seemed that the focus is on the kindergarten students only?

frankly, hkps is my first choice.  however, as a pn class parent, if hkps can stay in kln tong for another 3 years, i am so worry what would be happened in the 4th year since we become the last batch of parents in hkps.  hkps may not care about our kids anymore...

big big trouble

99#
發表於 07-5-12 06:58 |只看該作者

summerbb,

As a pn parent, you must consider this confusing situation carefully.  Do you think HKPS could remain in KLT?  (I don't think so.) If it really happens, do you think they will take new students anymore? (I don't think so.)  So..no more new students in the future years...and the campus will become so quiet and the teachers should leave........That's terrible!!!

Therefore, don't think that HKPS will be existed anymore.  Actually, it is close but not relocated!

Now, just consider that will you accept the offer in PIPS? (location)  Will you accept the school fee in the following years? ($6000 monthly)  Will you try the IB program? (very good one)

Or you could accept the offer in other kindergarten (KM) and then you will apply SC/KV/or whatever kindergarten in KLT for K1?

You still have many chances for changing and you're deserved to have a better offer.  Don't be worry!

Radiomama

100#
發表於 07-5-12 23:52 |只看該作者

radiomama,

many thanks for your advice and encouragement.  i think i should step back and look at the situation out there carefully.  

have u decided to choose victoria?  where do u live?  victoria is quite close to my home.  unluckily, they don't accept my daugther.

cheers
summerbb  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題