搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 優才面試
樓主: ningBB
go

優才面試 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-7-5 09:29 |只看該作者

Re: 優才面試

由於 優才中學的教學模式及質素仍未被確定,  請問 優才小學仍否可以銜接區外的傳統中學 ?

82#
發表於 05-7-5 11:10 |只看該作者

Don't worry . The traditional grammar schools are "traditional" and smart kids have the flexibility and intelligence to meet the requirements if they want to transfer to another school.

Afterall, there are always students from those famous traditional schools who are so-so both in academic performance and moral standard despite the high inputs (e.g. private tuition, ECAs, middle and  upper-class family background).

83#
發表於 05-7-5 16:14 |只看該作者

Ths. But I think most parents should concern about the school's mission and belief that suit their child's personility and learning ability.

From the GT's past record, it showed that most graduated students could get into famous traditional schools. What's are the main reasons behind ?  

84#
發表於 05-7-5 18:49 |只看該作者

I guess they have some effective teaching method to enrich the creativity and language of student.

and then, their aim is to educate/train the gifted/talent children.

SCHAU 寫道:
Ths. But I think most parents should concern about the school's mission and belief that suit their child's personility and learning ability.

From the GT's past record, it showed that most graduated students could get into famous traditional schools. What's are the main reasons behind ?  

85#
發表於 05-7-5 22:54 |只看該作者

I heard from my colleague (His daughter studying in GT P6) comments saying that most of the existing students will choose other secondary school rather than direct promote to GT secondary. Their worry come from the hardware resources that used to belong to just a primary school. Any comments on this?

86#
發表於 05-7-6 08:41 |只看該作者

Hi, Eyma,

I haven't go deep into this yet as my daughter will go to primary school only. However, I have also asked other parents and friends about the through-train in G.T.

Let put my feet into the shoes and try to see the reason or rationale behind staying in the secondary section of the school  :

(1) The first very important thing is that the students find the school suitable for them (school culture, atmosphere, study style etc.). But some students and parents may want to change to traditional schools to see if they can adapt to new environments.

(2) Students and parents are happy and satisfied with the school. They probably have/put confidence in the school personel and in the potential of the school to excel.

(3) Hardware is not the utmost important thing in education. My friend told me that G.T. had very small campuses in Lei King Wan and Kowloon Tong where the hardwares were not comparable to other schools, but the relationship among the school, students and parents was very close. She found this more important than hardware.

(4) I asked some friends and they said the school had employed experienced staff in setting up the hardware necessary for the secondary school curriculum.

(5) For those students who prefer to transfer to other schools, the reasons may be e.g. close to living places, not sure if the school can handle the secondary section oepration (new), want to change to another learning style, ......

(6) As I understand, P.1-P.3 will stay in the refurbished Mongkok campuses, and spaces in the TKO campus will be for upper primary section and secondary section. There is enough space for expansion and facilities like library (secondary section), laboratory and so on.

87#
發表於 05-7-6 08:53 |只看該作者

Hi, SCHAU,

" But I think most parents should concern about the school's mission and belief that suit their child's personility and learning ability. "

Agree.

88#
發表於 05-7-6 09:18 |只看該作者

Hi, Dorsonhk,

"I guess they have some effective teaching method to enrich the creativity and language of student. "

G.T. is a relatively newly-established school. The effectiveness of its teaching and curriculum can be assessed, to a certain extent, from various aspects including the performances of its P.6 students and graduates.

The high acceptance rate to tradtional secondary schools and famous schools show that the "quality" of its P.6 students is quite good. Nowadays, there is also a greater acceptance of students from pioneer schools with new education concepts and ideology.

I think G.T. is a  more advanced one in educational practices, as compare to traditional ones. What G.T. advocates and promotes almost ten years ago are now widely accepted and practised in other schools.

I am not so worried about the words "gifted" and "talented" because all and every student should be given the opportunity to bring out their "goodness". That is what education is for.

99分努力,1 分天才。

89#
發表於 05-7-6 09:52 |只看該作者

Hi Candy1982,

Thanks for the comments.

"(3) Hardware is not the utmost important thing in education. My friend told me that G.T. had very small campuses in Lei King Wan and Kowloon Tong where the hardwares were not comparable to other schools, but the relationship among the school, students and parents was very close. She found this more important than hardware."

I do agree a good atmosphere do help in study, but hardwares like Lab and studying resources are really important once it come to secondary school. Student should start a lot of pratical experiment that needed lots of tools and space.

"(6) As I understand, P.1-P.3 will stay in the refurbished Mongkok campuses, and spaces in the TKO campus will be for upper primary section and secondary section. There is enough space for expansion and facilities like library (secondary section), laboratory and so on"

Do you have any idea regarding their expansion plan? Thanks!

90#
發表於 05-7-6 10:09 |只看該作者

Eyma,

" ...but hardwares like Lab and studying resources are really important once it come to secondary school. Student should start a lot of pratical experiment that needed lots of tools and space. ""

Agree.
My friend told me that they had employed an experienced senior staff for setting up and monitoring the laboratry and curriculum well before head of the new school year in September.

" Do you have any idea regarding their expansion plan? Thanks! "

No, not at all. I did not ask about the details of the secondary section.
Give me some time and let me try to "spy" on this.

91#
發表於 05-7-6 13:30 |只看該作者

1. Is there any parent here that your child has studied in GT ? Grateful if you could give your valuable comment/experience on your child's development under GT school learning curriculum.

2. I heard from some parents sharings that there is not much homework and exam at GT. The children are eager to learn and play at school since no pressure on academic performance. In fact, is it good for child if they have to face competition with other child's outside where  they are used to learn under pressure in traditional school.

Please share !

92#
發表於 05-7-6 13:48 |只看該作者

Thanks Candy1982,

"...Give me some time and let me try to "spy" on this. "

I really eager to know that too... Ha!!

93#
發表於 05-7-6 14:48 |只看該作者

SCHAU,

" 2. I heard from some parents sharings that there is not much homework and exam at GT. The children are eager to learn and play at school since no pressure on academic performance. In fact, is it good for child if they have to face competition with other child's outside where they are used to learn under pressure in traditional school. "

I am not parent of G.T. student.

My strategy would be to choose a school without much homework. I will then give extra or supplementary materials to her, depending on her academic performance and ability to ease pressure. Since the extra work is optional and there is  no time limit on submission, I can always arrange a good time table for her, without adding too much pressure on her or on myself.

If she does well, there is no need to give extra work. She can spend more time on other extra-curricular activities. If she is weak in certain area/subject, or can afford to learn more and faster, I will give her assistance and additional work.

94#
發表於 05-7-6 15:29 |只看該作者

Candy1982,

My strategy is similar to yours.  Would you mind to share which school you will apply too?

95#
發表於 05-7-6 16:58 |只看該作者

hi bb123123,

My daughter will try Creative Primary School (but quite expensive), and Pui Kiu (Shatin) .

96#
發表於 05-7-6 17:43 |只看該作者

Hi Candy1982,

What is the Chinese name for Creative Primary School?

Thanks!

97#
發表於 05-7-6 18:59 |只看該作者

係啟思小學 ..............

98#
發表於 05-7-7 09:27 |只看該作者

What would you choose between 優才 and 保良局陸慶濤. Both are 直資 but PLK LHT adopts both traditional and creative means in teaching students whereas GT emphasie in 多元智能.

Comment from all of you is appreciated.  

99#
發表於 05-7-7 10:08 |只看該作者

G.T. focuses on 多元智能 (the content) and the teaching approaches emphsize both the traditional and creative ways.

I have mentioned in the previous posts that G.T. is a pioneer school in  多元智能 and teaching practices. Many schools, both primary and secondary, now adopt similar approaches.

I have no comment on other schools. The important thing is to choose a school which is suitable to your kids and you yourself. If you don't find the school suitable, your opinion and feeling may affect your kids and their interest and willingness in studying in the school.

Every school has its "goods" and "bads".

100#
發表於 05-7-7 11:21 |只看該作者

Candy1982

Thanks your comment. Did your child apply for GT ? What is your expectation that GT could provide ?   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖