教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 cckg result
樓主: JOELCC
go

cckg result [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-4-21 15:27 |只看該作者

Re: cckg result

Hi,

prettywife, DBSPD seems to be my first choice up to now.  DPS is also good, but I'm just worried about its admission rate to DBS.  

prema and chanwk, I guess my chance of accepting the offer from CCKG is very great.  I agree with both of you that CCKG has a very good reputation and I like their interactive approach as well (if what my colleague told me is true).  Also, I guess DBSPD will favour the kids who possess at least fundamental knowledge in Chinese.  Do you know if CCKG expects the kids to do much homework and tests?  I hope my son can have a more happy childhood and become more interested in learning.  I really don't want him to get scared by the heavy workload.  By the way, what are your plans for your kids' education after the kindergarten?  Will famous local schools be your first choice or international schools?  Do you have any alternative plans if they cannot get admitted by the famous local schools or if they cannot get used to the heavy workload there?

with wishes,
2R-Mom

62#
發表於 06-4-21 15:50 |只看該作者

Hi 2R-Mom

CCKG has no exam for kids, the school report will base on the daily performance of kids.

As for homework (lower class), they only need to write 1 page Chinese word per day (except Thur). But they have to do many worksheets (various subjects) during the class!

CCKG is very emphasized on reading and teachers will give them 1 to 2 English books (depends on individual kid's reading ability) to read per week and will ask them questions about the books in class. In addition, kids need to borrow 1 book from the sch library every week!

For Chinese language, they will have a weekly theme (e.g. seasons, animals) and kids need to recognize within 10 to 20 words a week. Also, there are dictation about twice a month!

In fact, the workload is not heavy!

ryancat

2R-Mom 寫道:
...  Do you know if CCKG expects the kids to do much homework and tests?  I hope my son can have a more happy childhood and become more interested in learning.  I really don't want him to get scared by the heavy workload.  2R-Mom

63#
發表於 06-4-22 23:45 |只看該作者

To Ryancat,
May I know what the general level is of those English books, say how many sentences on one page and which publishers in general?
How about the level of Chinese? You talked about the dictation, is it for Chinese or English or both? To dictate single words or sentences/phrases?
For worksheets (various subjects) to be done in class, can you tell me more what are they about?

Lastly, will there be any orientation programme for new K2 pupils in Sept?

Sorry for posting so many questions because I don't want to push my child too much.  What a pity it will be if a child loses his confidence and interest in learning because of too much pressure.

ryancat 寫道:
Hi 2R-Mom

CCKG has no exam for kids, the school report will base on the daily performance of kids.

As for homework (lower class), they only need to write 1 page Chinese word per day (except Thur). But they have to do many worksheets (various subjects) during the class!

CCKG is very emphasized on reading and teachers will give them 1 to 2 English books (depends on individual kid's reading ability) to read per week and will ask them questions about the books in class. In addition, kids need to borrow 1 book from the sch library every week!

For Chinese language, they will have a weekly theme (e.g. seasons, animals) and kids need to recognize within 10 to 20 words a week. Also, there are dictation about twice a month!

In fact, the workload is not heavy!

ryancat

[quote]
2R-Mom 寫道:
...  Do you know if CCKG expects the kids to do much homework and tests?  I hope my son can have a more happy childhood and become more interested in learning.  I really don't want him to get scared by the heavy workload.  2R-Mom
[/quote]

64#
發表於 06-4-26 14:30 |只看該作者

I just read from the newspaper today that Wilson Lam, currently a First Grader in DPSPD, obtained full marks in Cambridge Flyers Examination. He is the youngest child to have this achievement in Hong Kong.

Wilson is a student from CCKG. Well done, Wilson!

65#
發表於 06-4-26 22:12 |只看該作者

hi Chinese_B,

do u know what grade he studies in DBSPD?

regards,
8A Mrs Chan

Chinese_B 寫道:
I just read from the newspaper today that Wilson Lam, currently a First Grader in DPSPD, obtained full marks in Cambridge Flyers Examination. He is the youngest child to have this achievement in Hong Kong.

66#
發表於 06-4-27 09:11 |只看該作者

First Grade.

8AMRSCHAN 寫道:
hi Chinese_B,

do u know what grade he studies in DBSPD?

regards,
8A Mrs Chan

67#
發表於 06-4-28 23:57 |只看該作者

Chinese_B,

thanks!!

68#
發表於 06-4-29 17:38 |只看該作者

Hello,
I sent the acceptance letter last week. Did all of you  accept the offer?  

8AMRSCHAN, Chinese_B,
Are your kids studying in Lower class? Nice to meet you here.      I will buy the uniforms in Sai Kwong.  Is it good?

sumyinmama

69#
發表於 06-4-29 20:46 |只看該作者

Chinese_B 寫道:

Dear Chinese B

From your postings it is quite apparent that you are quite proud of being a CCKG parent.    That is fine, but this particular posting here does not seem to have anything to do with the topic.   Your other postings generally sound decent and sensible enough, and please keep up the standard and do not turn yourself into a PR consultant.

The reason I say this is that I saw an identical posting by you in the DBSPD topic in the primary section, and that equally has nothing to do with that topic .  

70#
發表於 06-4-29 22:51 |只看該作者

sumyinmama 寫道:
Hello,
I sent the acceptance letter last week. Did all of you  accept the offer?  

8AMRSCHAN, Chinese_B,
Are your kids studying in Lower class? Nice to meet you here.      I will buy the uniforms in Sai Kwong.  Is it good?

sumyinmama

hi sumyinmama,

Nice u meet u also

i bought my son's uniform at Kam Lun, in fact u can call there to check the price and stock first.

see u!

8A Mrs Chan

71#
發表於 06-4-29 23:18 |只看該作者

8AMRSCHAN ,

thanks!

sumyinmama

72#
發表於 06-4-30 14:49 |只看該作者

Is CCKG a good kindergarten?

73#
發表於 06-5-2 11:21 |只看該作者

Hi all,
I haven't received the acceptance letter from the school, but I'm  so suprised and excited that a staff from CCKG phone to me and ask me to go to the school  in this morning to reserve a place if I accept the offer. : thanks a lot for the god.

74#
發表於 06-5-2 13:10 |只看該作者

8A Mrs. Chan ,  Sumyinmama

I have not received any informations about school uniform.  I just send an acceptance letter to school and call the school to confirm they received my letter.  I am still waiting for their registration information.  I am a bit scare that will I miss something in between??  I am sorry to ask but I am a bit worry.

75#
發表於 06-5-2 21:37 |只看該作者

Hi JamMai,
Congratulations! Is your child a son or daughter? Which class is allocated for him/her? Nice to meet you and keep in touch!

Hi Prema,
Don't worry. I do not receive anything except the offer letter from the school.  I ask for the uniform information only because I think it may be too rush to buy uniforms and take the photos required within several days after we have received the registration pack from school by mid May.

At last, We have bought one piece of summer uniform (a dress) yesterday from Sai Kwong.

Sumyinmama

76#
發表於 06-5-3 10:21 |只看該作者

sumyinmama,
My kid is a boy, he is arranged to the 'Faith' class . :

77#
發表於 06-5-3 11:02 |只看該作者

Hi Sumyinmama,

Hello, Thanks for letting me know.  I understand now. Let's keep in touch.

prema

78#
發表於 06-5-3 16:41 |只看該作者

Dear anxiousparent,

Instead of saying I am proud of CCKG, I prefer saying I'm proud of Wilson.

Since he is my child's friend, I was overjoyed to hear the news.

anxiousparent 寫道:
Dear Chinese B

From your postings it is quite apparent that you are quite proud of being a CCKG parent.    That is fine, but this particular posting here does not seem to have anything to do with the topic.   Your other postings generally sound decent and sensible enough, and please keep up the standard and do not turn yourself into a PR consultant.

The reason I say this is that I saw an identical posting by you in the DBSPD topic in the primary section, and that equally has nothing to do with that topic .  

79#
發表於 06-5-10 14:04 |只看該作者

All,

Just an update - my friend's son who is on waiting list has received an acceptance letter from CCKG yesterday.       

So,  everyone who has received the "Waiting List" letter ---> don't give up...

Sevendwarfs 寫道:
One of my friend's sons is on waiting list.  Based on the information gathered from my various friends,  there should be 3 types of letters : Accept, Reject and Waiting List.

[quote]
drmfsltd 寫道:
除咗收同唔收,有無waiting架?
[/quote]

80#
發表於 06-5-12 21:03 |只看該作者

2R-Mom 寫道:
Dear All,

My son gets admitted to the Lower Hope as well.  Is there any parent who has your son studying in ESF currently and just gets admitted into cckg?  How will you choose between these 2 schools? And, do you have any plan of sending your sons to DBSPD? Have you ever heard about that DBSPD is not taking many kids from CCKG? It is really difficult to choose between CCKG and ESF.  Hope we can share our views and make a best decision together.  Let me start with what I am thinking first.

To me, ESF is really a nice school.  My son really enjoys their teaching approach and he is doing quite well in school.  His spoken English is particularly good and has developed a very positive attitude towards learning. The only thing that makes me worried is his sense of discipline.  ESF gives him much freedom and that's why he is so happy there.  But then, he doesn't feel comfortable with rules and instructions.  This makes me start thinking about sending him to DBSPD in which I think he can develop a better sense of discipline but does not have to suffer from the spoon-feeding type of teaching.  This is confirmed by the parents who have their kids studying in this school.  CCKG is then to me the best stepping stone to DBSPD.  It has an excellent reputation and many parents said their kids enjoy going to this school very much.  My colleague who has his son studying in CCKG told me this school is using an interactive teaching approach as well, with projects and team works.  It seems that CCKG should become my definite choice.  But recently, I have heard that DBSPD is not taking too many kids from CCKG, only 13 last year.  What should I do if my son doesn't gets admitted to DBSPD.  There seems to be no better or even equivalent alternative.  But if we stay in ESF, our chance of going to an ESF primary is more than 99%.  Also, we really treasure the native spoken English that our son has acquired from ESF.  I'm not sure if he can maintain such a high standard in CCKG.  But on the other hand, I'm worried that DBSPD will not consider my son at all if he doesn't know Chinese.  It is really a dilemma

Wish somebody can share your views on this with me.  Sorry for boring you with such a long mail.

with wishes,
2R-Mom

2R-Mom, Prema,

How's your decision? I'm thinking of giving up the offer.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題