教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 保良局蔡繼有學校
樓主: 維他
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 05-3-1 21:29 |只看該作者

Re: 保良局蔡繼有學校

Dear kunggi201:

Thanks for your reply.  It's very helpful.

62#
發表於 05-3-1 23:51 |只看該作者

請問知否"保良局蔡繼有學校"會收生嗎? 我的女兒現就讀P.1, 想P.2插班. THANKS.

63#
發表於 05-3-2 15:38 |只看該作者

CKY accepts newcomers from P.2 onwards.  My daughter was one of them.  She studied in a traditional subsidized school in P.1  and she was accepted as a newcomer in P.2 last Sept.  There are 3 newcomers in her class.  I sent her profile, school reports etc to CKY last May and she was asked to attend the interview in June and result was released in late July.  As far as I know, about 10 among the 100 applicants were accepted to P.2.  CKY will not openly ask for applicants from P.2 onwards, so you have to send your child's profile in the second term.  You may call the office to ask if it's time to send it.

64#
發表於 05-3-2 18:21 |只看該作者

If they don't have phonics, will they have oral lesson? Any other english lessons like grammar, reading and composition etc?

First to clarify, I didn's say they don't teach phonics.  I only said I am not sure (because phonics training is not my concern so I didn't ask the school much about this.  Hope other CKY parents could response)

Oral Engish? All kids are required to speak English at class (except Chinese lesson).  Do you consider this as oral english training as well?

Grammer and composition – P1 kids are required to write short essays sometimes, ie. about descriptions of different occupations, observation of growing plants, diary.. etc, on a “no pressure” basis.  That’s mean, not much such work and no pressure on grammar and spelling (again, I mean P1, as far as I know).  CKY teachers will only start concerning grammar and spelling from P2.
To me, I agree with this teaching method.  I recall when I was young when my english ability was weak, even I was “stuffed” by teachers to memorise grammer and spelling, I forgot everything after exam.  However, when I read more, write more, and then develop more interest, I “automatically” remember the spelling and grammer.

Reading – it is CKY's strength!  I heard from a psychologist that kid's habits are developed by what we feed them.  Some of my friends' kids cannot live without TV, because the parents use TV as a babysitter (too bad!).  In my personal opinion, CKY is using books to make kid “上癮”.  Yes they did it, as I trust many CKY kids love reading (voluntarily).  Trust me, if you kid studies at CKY, you will not have time for TV, but reading and reading with your kid.

65#
發表於 05-3-3 04:40 |只看該作者

kunggi201 寫道:

First to clarify, I didn's say they don't teach phonics.  I only said I am not sure (because phonics training is not my concern so I didn't ask the school much about this.  Hope other CKY parents could response)

They learn phonics at school.  In addition to worksheets, the books my kid used as P.1 student two years ago were as follows:
Phonics songs and rhymes;
Read with phonics consonants.

66#
發表於 05-3-3 21:19 |只看該作者

Hi plkckykid,

Thank you for your information.

67#
發表於 05-3-5 00:44 |只看該作者

Thanks for your reply.    I'll try to call for query.

68#
發表於 05-3-5 00:55 |只看該作者

Dear BrainMother,

I would like to quote "Our Vision" from CKY's web-site : http://www.cky.edu.hk/

"Our school is the first non-profit "Through-train" private school in Hong Kong.

Our students are able to receive continuous education from primary to tertiary levels in a school that fosters care, compassion and respect for others.

We aim to promote the ideas of whole-person education and of life-long learning through a diverse curriculum so as to meet the needs of our metropolitan city -Hong Kong- in the new millennium."

Do you find the vision of CKY appealing to you? The same vision was printed in a pamphlet received by me in 2001.  After attending the briefing session provided and having a thorough consideration of the following features of the school, I decided to send my child to CKY in 2002 and this is the school I would like to recommend to you :

“Our teachers create a motivating language learning environment

Main subjects are taught entirely in English.

Beginning in Primary 2, Putonghua is adopted as the medium of instruction for Chinese.

Our curriculum not only develops our students' language ability but also their creative and logical thinking skills.

Our curriculum is theme based and students use readers instead of traditional textbooks.

Students also join an English and a Chinese reading scheme which cater to the individual reading needs of the students as the schemes are levelled and systematic.

Students are assessed using a variety of methods.

Each class has an English and a Chineses class teacher.

All English subjects are taught by qualified native English teachers.

Our teachers are all enthusiastic educators who have a good relationship with their students.”

Don't you think this should be the kind of school for kids studying in Hong Kong?

69#
發表於 05-3-5 10:35 |只看該作者

Dear plyckykid,
My child is now in K1 at int'l kindg, since they don't have much Chinese learning e.g. writing or reading will there be a problem if I would like to put him to CKY for P1.  Do I need to change to some kindg which he can pick up some basis chinese first?  I guess they accept child at the age of 6, am I right?
Thx a lot for your help
Peggy

70#
發表於 05-3-10 11:10 |只看該作者

Could anyone tell me:

1. Do you mean that there will be no chance to continue study in the university in HK?
2.  If you choose to enter CKY, that means your kid need to study aboard after finished secondary?

71#
發表於 05-3-10 19:01 |只看該作者

看到這個話題前,我不知道蔡繼有是什麽東東,但現在我覺得它是維多利亞的小學中學版。(駐-小兒現正在維記讀書)。現在我也對這所學校很有興趣啦。。。。。
請問有沒有媽媽把蔡繼有跟泓立學校比較過呢? 意見如何???

72#
發表於 05-3-11 09:27 |只看該作者

維多利亞不是已經很好嗎, 因為已經有IB, 為甚麼又要考慮其他呢? 唔好介意, 我只係好想知道點解?

73#
發表於 05-3-11 10:58 |只看該作者

Ooop, I have never considered Victoria Primary.  My boy only studys in their Nursery.  

Then,  have any parent compared :
1. Victoria Primary
2. ISF Academy
3. PLK Choi K Y ?????

74#
發表於 05-3-22 12:12 |只看該作者

分享一個小故事
Title: “Shame on me”

上星期參加CKY P1 field trip.
學生們興高采烈回校
在課室裡「吱吱喳喳」用廣東話交談
外籍英文老師(班主任)來了,一開始就告訴學生
這是一個English Field Trip
所以他們必須用英文
學生即時「轉台」
有些學生本來用中文講開某個topic,立時轉了英文繼續交談

由於不是所有家長出席
我負責照顧幾個小孩(包括小兒)
在旅遊巴上,有次我用中文問一個女學生問題
她即說:「no no.. English please」
(Shame on me!)
ok ok..用英文問她那一間幼稚園畢業
她說只知中文名,不知英名名
但她堅持不說幼稚園的中文
只肯用英文解釋幼稚園的位置
連小兒在家一向不會和我用英文交談
整個field trip 都用英文和我說話
感到不習慣的反而是我
(Shame on me!)

請同學吃糖,他們說巴士上不能吃東西
(Shame on me!)

在field trip 地方有雪糕賣
家長和學生排隊,用英文和店員溝通
到我時,又一時口快用了中文
店員問:「你們是國際學校嗎?」
我笑答:「我都唔知係唔係。」
真攪笑

回程了,老師宣佈三小時field trip 完畢
學生們又自動轉回廣東話台
終於領教過CKY的教學方法
也難怪孩子們能培養出「要中得中、要英得英」的能耐

75#
發表於 05-3-22 12:25 |只看該作者

kunggi201

我覺得CKY學語言真係好好, 你可以有機會親身體會真係好, 希望我兒子都能在這樣學習環境長大, 希望你多形容在CKY上學O既事, 多謝你分享!

76#
發表於 05-3-22 23:53 |只看該作者

kunggi201,

多羡慕你可以親身參與這次Field Trip.  因為請不到假所以我錯過了, 不過讀了你的分享, 雖然不知道是那班小一, 仍加強了我對CKY的信心。  多謝分享!

mattma

77#
發表於 05-3-23 12:59 |只看該作者

Hi! all moms. After reading this topic, I am also interested in this school. Can anyone tell me when it will have open day so that I can learn more about it?

Thanks!

78#
發表於 05-3-23 23:24 |只看該作者

Go to their website for update information.
www.cky.edu.hk

79#
發表於 05-3-24 16:13 |只看該作者

去過English field trip後
曾經想過,學校會不會攪「普通話戶外學習」?

豈料,剛在CKY校網得知
小四在四月攪「五天北京學習團」
除參觀活動,還會在國內學校上課

女校長說過,她會年年帶孩子去國內…
想不到一下子就去北京....

80#
發表於 05-3-28 23:20 |只看該作者

請問難唔難入此校呢? 幾多人考收幾多個呢? 其實我仔仔得兩歲半, 但我為他選 local school and international school 煩了很久, 因為覺得香港的教育有太多問題, 在這制度下成長的, 普遍也不喜愛閱讀,無乜學習的 motivation, 返學好似返工咁, 讀得又辛苦, 語言能力又低. 但我又擔心讀 I.S.的中文程度低, 又不懂自已國家的文化和歷史. CKY的教育理念教我很似, 真的很希望他將來可以考到此校, 但我想問面試是否用國語考呢? 大家有無驚間學校太新, 學生好似白老鼠?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題