搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 YMCA International Kindergarten
樓主: myjasmine
go

YMCA International Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 08-6-6 15:56 |只看該作者
HaydenNg,

Thanks for your reply.  My daughter is also Aussie passport holder and we are also planning to send her back to Aust for tertiary education.  So our main reason for picking AISHK is the same!

Do you know about their Chinese standard and discipline?  Apart from AISHK, SIS is also my target school, as it is bilingual and students there are disciplined.  I understand that AISHK's chinese class will not be as strong as those in SIS, but do you know about the chinese standard in AISHK anyway?

If the Chinese standard and discipline in AISHK is not bad, i will prefer AISHK as its location is much more convenient to us.

62#
發表於 08-6-6 16:07 |只看該作者
will you two apply AISHK's reception class?

63#
發表於 08-6-6 21:42 |只看該作者
yes i will....

64#
發表於 08-6-7 20:13 |只看該作者
Most of the YMCA teachers are Indian, I "ding" it is not as good as other international kinder.

原文章由 myjasmine 於 08-6-6 21:42 發表
yes i will....

65#
發表於 08-6-10 23:35 |只看該作者
YMCA is a good int'l school. My sister's daughter is also studying in it at K2. Only a few teachers are Indians but anyway they can speak excellent eng (some can even speak Cantonese). Location is also good & easy to access by public transportation. But the size of the school is not big, in fact, quite small in size, It just shares the facilities of the hotel.

My niece is K2 full day. She enjoys schooling so much as most of the time at school are "playing"...(learn through playing) One of her classmate can even bring her pet (a baby snake) to school showing to the classmates.

As i know, full day children can taking part into a lot of activities in PM say like swimming, golf, rock climbing......

Also, children are from different countries, Indian, Japanese, American, Australian...

YMCA starts to teach phonics at K1 which i think not many int'l school do it. No homework at all. School fee is quite expensive, 4500 half day, 7800 full day.

That's what I know from my sister.......hope it helps
;-)

66#
發表於 08-6-12 06:56 |只看該作者
myjasmine,

I cannot comment on AISHK's chinese standard 'cause I don't know.  But when I visited their school, the administrator told me that they will separate students into two tiers, native chinese and non-native chinese.  Native Chinese student will receive higher chinese level education.

Maybe you can pay a visit to the school to find out whether the standard meets your expectation.

原文章由 myjasmine 於 08-6-6 15:56 發表
HaydenNg,

Thanks for your reply.  My daughter is also Aussie passport holder and we are also planning to send her back to Aust for tertiary education.  So our main reason for picking AISHK is the sam ...

67#
發表於 08-6-12 13:00 |只看該作者
Incorrect  - from my experience, those teachers are very nice and qualified.  

A bit unfair to judge the standard of a kinder by such comment!  

原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-6-7 20:13 發表
Most of the YMCA teachers are Indian, I "ding" it is not as good as other international kinder.
:-D :-D :-D :-D

68#
發表於 08-6-12 16:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 IOUbabe 於 08-6-10 23:35 發表
YMCA is a good int'l school. My sister's daughter is also studying in it at K2. Only a few teachers are Indians but anyway they can speak excellent eng (some can even speak Cantonese). Location is als ...

Hello IOUbabe.
Where do the students go upon their graduation?
ESF primary or any other Int'lschools?
Kind regrads,
Maria

69#
發表於 08-6-12 22:44 |只看該作者
Hi Maria,

According to my sister's info, most of the kids go to ESF after K3, some will go to CAIS after K2 (rumors are that CAIS has connections w/YMCA), only a little bit of them will go back to the local stream.

IOUBABE
;-)

70#
發表於 08-6-12 23:45 |只看該作者
Hi all,

do you know if YMCA has any close connection with ESF? heard that ESF will send some staff to YMCA to observe the students before the interview, is that true?

71#
發表於 08-6-14 13:25 |只看該作者
my sister also heard about this. Many parents said YMCA hasgood connection with ESF & that's why almost most % of kids go to ESF schools.
;-)

72#
發表於 08-7-27 00:15 |只看該作者
原文章由 myjasmine 於 08-5-28 14:17 發表
Hi,

I will send my daughter to YMCA International Kindergarten for K1 this September, any parnets same here?

I am planning to send my son to K1 in Sep 2009 (next year). They said they will accept application from Sep 1, can I submit earlier?  I understand it's based on first come first serve.  Is it true?  Will they also interview the kids?

73#
發表於 08-8-1 10:42 |只看該作者
Do you mind telling me if you know whether YMCA kinder has nursery class for 2-year-old children?

Thanks !

原文章由 HaileyChn 於 08-7-27 00:15 發表

I am planning to send my son to K1 in Sep 2009 (next year). They said they will accept application from Sep 1, can I submit earlier?  I understand it's based on first come first serve.  Is it true?  ...

74#
發表於 08-8-1 23:37 |只看該作者
YMCA have pre-kindergarten classess for the age from 2 to 3 years.

The class is from September 2008 to June 2009 and the school fees are due monthly.

原文章由 sophiepama 於 08-8-1 10:42 發表
Do you mind telling me if you know whether YMCA kinder has nursery class for 2-year-old children?

Thanks !

75#
發表於 08-9-11 01:38 |只看該作者
But i really can't find any information regarding the pre-K class for age 2-3 child from the ymca international Kindergarten web site.  

from the web site, they only mentioned the K1-K3 class. anyone can help??
原帖由 伍小B 於 08-8-1 23:37 發表
YMCA have pre-kindergarten classess for the age from 2 to 3 years.

The class is from September 2008 to June 2009 and the school fees are due monthly.

76#
發表於 08-10-14 21:16 |只看該作者
You can call the kindergarten directly, they do have the pre-kindergarten class with odd days / five days, my girl having a lot of fun and build up confident during the year. They are english in class for the entired 2 hours. No chinese/cantonese during class. Kids are really learn from playing.
Good good good.

原帖由 HoneySu 於 08-9-11 01:38 發表
But i really can't find any information regarding the pre-K class for age 2-3 child from the ymca international Kindergarten web site.  

from the web site, they only mentioned the K1-K3 class. anyone ...

77#
發表於 08-11-23 01:57 |只看該作者
Hey moms, I've enrolled my son to YMCA K1 09/10.  Do you know when I should expect to have their notification on the interview?  Or not everyone would have a chance for interview?

Thanks a lot!!

78#
發表於 08-11-23 17:20 |只看該作者
As far as i can remember, they will contact you at least next year.  They offer the place in K1 on first come first served basis.  The so called interview is only the chance for you to meet with the head teacher before you are offered a place formally.  YOu can then decide whether you will accept the offer or not :)

79#
發表於 08-11-25 01:42 |只看該作者

No putonghua lesson

I'm hesitating to transfer my child to YMCA or not as she was studying inTT where there is Putonghua lesson. Pls give some opinion?

80#
發表於 08-11-25 14:45 |只看該作者
My daughter also studied in Tutortime (for playgroup only) and Kingston (for pre-nursery) before.  It really depends on what you want.  TT and Kingston provide a very good English and MAndarin environment while YMCA only teaches in English (with 15 mins per week Mandarin).  I changed my daughter to YMCA from Kingston this year and i can note the difference even though we have also arranged private MAndarin lesson for her (only 1 hr per week) given by her Kingston's Mandarin teacher.  In comparison, I like the language environment in Kingston and TT more.

So if you also concern about Mandarin, TT is still your choice.  For YMCA, there are many English speaking kids, so English should be stronger there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題