教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC or SJS 究竟哪間較好
樓主: zhumama
go

RC or SJS 究竟哪間較好 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 07-9-20 14:28 |只看該作者
hi all,

thank you for everybody's sharing.
BK is really a good place for everybody to share their views. I love to hear comments from different people, no matter positives or negatives, people always look at the things from different angle, no need to argue, as just a matter of "half full" or "half empty".
Cara2006's posting might make us feel he/she is picking bone fromt he egg, but it do help parents to think twice before sending their child to so called "good" school. Parent should understand their own requirements instead of just following what the majority of people saying "good".

In fact, I am a SJS's parent, my child is year 1, my child loves this school so much, she is very happy there, with her old friends from kindergarten plus the new friends from different classes, I don't care how many chineses how many now-chinese were in her class or in her school, I agreed with their teaching philosophy and their learning atmosphere, encourage reading everyday, I feel like crying when I read a newsletter from school two weeks ago, about the accessment, they were doing assessment for each Y1 pupils last week, the purpose is, they want to understand each pupil's level in english and maths, so they could tailor made to suit for each pupil's need, this is exactly what I want they do.

Best regards,
cpmummy

62#
發表於 07-9-25 09:08 |只看該作者

RC or SJS 究竟哪間較好

I totally agreed with cpmummy.

I sent my son to ESF Kinder pathing the way to SJS not because their English standard (if you are so concern about the english standard, you may send them to study abroad earlier) or any othe reasons just because I believe their mission and teaching philosophy, most of all, their learning pattern fits my son's character.

I also heard a lot of good word of mouth of RC, I also applied for my son as a back up, however, a very realistic fact was that SJS has track records.  I struggled for quite a long time but  if at last, my son will only accepted by RC, I would be also appreciated with the arrangement.

63#
發表於 07-9-26 16:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 chuchuma 於 07-9-25 09:08 硐表
I totally agreed with cpmummy.

I sent my son to ESF Kinder pathing the way to SJS not because their English standard (if you are so concern about the english standard, you may send them to study abro ...

In fact, the English and Math standard of SJS students are higher compared with students studying in UK.  

According to SJS's 2005/2006 School Report
--------------------------------------------------
Assessment and Reporting Our end of Year 6 QCA standardised test results were once again very impressive.

Level 5 is the highest possible score and 65% of our children achieved this for both English and Maths.

As compared to the UK where schools are set a National target of 80% to achieve level 4 or higher. Sha Tin Junior School students achieve well above with 91% for Maths and 96% for English respectively.
-----------------------------------------------------

64#
發表於 07-9-26 21:10 |只看該作者
My son just started P1 in ESF. I have  few questions:

1. Where can I get the school reports for other ESF schools?

2. How to find the qualification of the ESF teachers?  RC & DC have posted the qualification of the teacher but I can't find the same in ESF school website.  Are the ESF teachers mainly from UK?

3. In the upper primary, do they have a lots of homeworks?

4. How do parent know the progress of their learning? Since they have no textbook, I am not sure what exactly they done in school. (My son only said they play at school)

5. Any comments on the afterschool Mandarin program by the World Wide Workshop?

Thanks

65#
發表於 07-10-3 20:14 |只看該作者

what do RC, SJS, SIS,ICS, CAIS,SC mean?

sorry, I'm a new comer.  Can any one tell me what do they mean?  I just want to know the full name of these schools.
thanks indeed.  

66#
發表於 07-10-3 20:59 |只看該作者
RC: Renaissance College (ESF independent school)
       http://www.renaissance.edu.hk

SJS: Shatin Junior School (ESF)
        http://www.sjs.edu.hk

SIS:  South Island School (ESF)   
         http://www.sis.edu.hk

or     Singapore International School   
         http://www.singapore.edu.hk

ICS:  International Christian School
         http://www.ics.edu.hk

CAIS:  Christian Alliance International School
         http://www.cais.edu.hk

SC:  Shatin College
        http://www.shatincollege.edu.hk

For ESF: http://www.esf.edu.hk

67#
發表於 07-10-3 22:59 |只看該作者
to: Ah Wu ~ thanks very much!  It helps a lot when I read the comments.

68#
發表於 07-10-14 10:00 |只看該作者
Dear all,

I would like to ask if there is any school bus service betwee SJS / RC and Tsuen Wan Area? and if yes, can i have more details about the route?

Thanks in advance.

69#
發表於 07-10-14 10:13 |只看該作者
Dear all,

one more thing, its about the school zone, is Tsuen Wan included in the zone of SJS?

70#
發表於 07-10-17 21:08 |只看該作者
anyone knows please tell?

71#
發表於 07-10-19 21:53 |只看該作者
無人搭?唔通無小朋友住荃灣又返SJS and RC?

幫下手啦,Thanks

72#
發表於 07-10-19 22:06 |只看該作者
原文章由 bbsweet 於 07-10-14 10:13 硐表
Dear all,

one more thing, its about the school zone, is Tsuen Wan included in the zone of SJS?

Tsuen Wan is not in the zone of SJS.  You can check details from ESF website.

RC has bus service going to Tsuen Wan.  That's all I know.

73#
發表於 07-10-19 22:44 |只看該作者
Hi bbsweet,

Hope I may help you because I did dial to these two schools and search the details as below few months ago.

For SJS, the school bus service is organized under PTA.  As Tsing Yi is under the catchment of SJS while Tsuen Wan is not.  Actually SJS is not responsible for taking care of students who are not living under its catchment.  
In this case, the bus company merely provides a direct school bus service from Tsing Yi Martime Square to SJS this year. It takes 30-40 mins only.  For those students living in Tsuen Wan, they have to take their own transportation to Tsing Yi first and then take the school bus back to the school;and vice versa.  There are approximately 30+ students so the school bus company provides a large limousine this year.  Students get on at 8:05am and get off at 3:20-3:25pm.  According to the spokesman under PTA, this route is not fixed.  It is subject to change upon the needs of students.

For RC, there is no catchment restriction.  There are many school bus routes from different locations to RC.  You may read the detailed information from its website.  The advantage is students may wait for the school bus at the exact location you are living in.  The drawback is the travel time would be rather long because they need to pick up/drop off every student at different spots.  In my daughter's case, we are living in Tsing Yi.  Her bus route is #14.  She needs to get on at 7:30am and get off at 3:35-3:40pm  (This travel time was reduced after discussion with school bus company).

Cheers,
chingyu

原文章由 bbsweet 於 07-10-19 21:53 硐表
無人搭?唔通無小朋友住荃灣又返SJS and RC?

幫下手啦,Thanks

[ 本文章最後由 chingyu 於 07-10-19 22:50 編輯 ]

74#
發表於 07-10-20 11:41 |只看該作者
Many thanks WYmom

原文章由 WYmom 於 07-10-19 22:06 硐表

Tsuen Wan is not in the zone of SJS.  You can check details from ESF website.

RC has bus service going to Tsuen Wan.  That's all I know.

75#
發表於 07-10-20 11:46 |只看該作者
hi chingyu,

Many thanks for your detailed information,

i surf the website but could not find any information about the bus service. Anyway, i quite understand the situation now  and i am planning to move to Ma On Shan later.....

Thanks again

原文章由 chingyu 於 07-10-19 22:44 硐表
Hi bbsweet,

Hope I may help you because I did dial to these two schools and search the details as below few months ago.

For SJS, the school bus service is organized under PTA.  As Tsing Yi is under  ...

76#
發表於 07-10-24 14:35 |只看該作者
睇下兩間學校學生表現,就知真係揀唔落手。

醒目開學勳章

77#
發表於 07-10-24 19:02 |只看該作者
原文章由 Cara2006 於 07-10-24 14:35 硐表
睇下兩間學校學生表現,就知真係揀唔落手。

cara 2006 D仔仔女女考唔到呀!!!!!!!!!!
她為有喺到發洩一吓囉!!!!!!!!!
cara 2006 唔好灰心喇,吓次再考過,各位媽咪請支持吓 cara2006, so sad

78#
發表於 07-10-24 19:06 |只看該作者

Some thoughts from a parent of ESF student

Dear all,

I'm just passing by and I found that many parents are actively participated in this forum to discuss about the choices of int'l schools. My girl is studying in Beacon Hill School (BHS) year 5 but I think some of her experiences could be relevant to the discussions here.

First of all I think those parents who are planning to send their children to int'l schools should remember that the systems and most importantly the concepts of western education is different from that of the orient. Foreign teachers always remind students that it is the STUDENTS' responsibility to work hard on their own. They would only give guidances to students and would NEVER push them to do anything. They would also accept differences in standards within a class. As there is no exams in primary schools of ESF (except the QCA tests which are for references only), students are not expect to finish primary years with the same standards. Thus it is hard to say whether ESF students are good or bad in terms of academic standards. In English, Maths and especially Chinese they are divided into different groups according to their abilities.

If you are going to mould a sucessful student in int'l schools, the key person is yourself! We actually put a lot of efforts in finding good books for our girl to read, sending her to Kumon etc. So you would say "Why send your child to ESF?" My answer is that I can enjoy a greater degree of freedom in choosing what my girl is going to learn, and she is also happy to choose what she likes.

79#
發表於 07-10-25 00:34 |只看該作者
其實都好佩服Cara2006這種誓不數臭ESF不罷休的精神.  不過如果這種'不罷休的精神'用於一啲有建設性既行動上, 會更加事半功倍.

原文章由 jui 於 07-10-24 19:02 硐表

cara 2006 D仔仔女女考唔到呀!!!!!!!!!!
她為有喺到發洩一吓囉!!!!!!!!!
cara 2006 唔好灰心喇,吓次再考過,各位媽咪請支持吓 cara2006, so sad

80#
發表於 07-10-25 01:27 |只看該作者
原文章由 zhumama 於 07-9-14 12:12 硐表
Our choice is the IS for my son that is quiet sure. Of course there are some other parents have different choices according to specific reasons.

Thank you all for your response and opinions.  ...

I'm a new parent of RCHK Year 7....comments posted below though not many inputs I'm quite fine with what we get so far!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題