用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 請比意見: 如果目標是港島區私小/直資,讀Victoria還是 ...
樓主: 蘿記
go

請比意見: 如果目標是港島區私小/直資,讀Victoria還是靈糧堂好D, 咁Kentville和 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-11-28 01:37 |只看該作者

Re: 請比意見: 如果目標是港島區私小/直資,讀Victoria還是靈糧堂好D, 咁Kentville和St. Ca

Tommy,

Thanks a lot for the useful info.  Your comments is very valuable and fair to LLC.  In fact, I talked to the primary school teachers (quite famous band 1 primary school in Eastern District) about LLC.  What they feel about LLC is exactly what you have mentioned below "至於入讀私小/直資又如何呢?其實真係見仁見智,有說靈糧堂學生受歡迎,但亦有人說「靈糧堂」這個招牌是一個負累,何解?因為外間有很多校長和教師都覺得靈糧堂學生程度低又太活躍,他們見到靈糧堂這三個字便用有色眼鏡去看我們。正所謂「有辣有唔辣」。".  Those teachers (teach P1-2) found that most LLC students are too talkative and active, they can hardly control them.  And their parents always said that "sorry teachers, you know they're from LLC, so it takes time for them to adapt this new environment..."  So some teachers are "headache" once they meet LLC kids.  Having said that, most LLC kids no doubt are confident, cheerful and smart.  So some of those teachers stress that once LLC kids reach to P3-4, they get used to the new environment of the primary school and then they usually perform well in all aspects.  They are always the top 10 in the class and smart in sports / music / art....  

It's very interesting to me.  I ask myself if I am willing to take that risk and work harder to help my boy to adapt in the P1-2.  If yes, I should not worry too much on LLC because this school can really bring out the real potential of my child.  

Now your children are in P3 and P1, don't you agree what I quoted from the primary teachers?

42#
發表於 05-11-28 02:16 |只看該作者

如果俾你地選擇你地會選Victoria,聖約瑟還是靈糧堂?
因為我真的好頭痛,因為而家大仔讀緊Victoria k1,而靈糧堂又收左佢上午k2,而聖約瑟又要1月先報名,仲要就黎交留位費,都唔知點選擇好?因為佢而家係Victoria k1我又覺得幾好,我只係好擔心小學, 我就好想作入華仁or 聖約瑟,咁我應該選邊間好?

43#
發表於 05-11-28 10:09 |只看該作者

Racheltcy,

Yes, you exactly described what my boys are.  I send them to a new concept DSS which runs with the philosophy very similar to that of LLC.  This school is also described as low academic level and nothing to learn.  An extreme comment from a net friend even stated that the academic attainment of the graduates from this primary school was just equivalent to the kindergarten level.  Maybe that's the reason why the transitions from kindergarten to primary for my boys were quite smooth.  

Yet, there is a huge gap between primary and kindergarten, my elder son also experienced a tough time at the beginning of P.1.  He took about four months to jump over the gap.  For my younger one, probably because he has a big brother as his role model and we got experience too.  The transition was as easy as nothing changed.

You're right.  My big boy's academic achievement was just so so in P.1.  However, he started to catch up a lot in P.2.  Now, he is in P.3 and running at the front.  He is not only good at school, but also achieved very good results in an international assessment.  Not intend to show off, just want to share my own experience to comfort you or those who are now at the junctions.

I can quote tons of successful cases from LLC graduates and also a few unsatisfactory cases.  Nevertheless, I cannot generalize whether LLC is good or bad.  Education is a combination of huge variables in which family backups play the most important part.  We do find a common factor among all those successful cases.  Both the father and mother, again I emphasize both, are very devoted to the development of their kids and they share the same education philosophy.  Therefore, the story happen in my family will not necessarily happen in yours even we come across the same school, same teachers and the same methodology.  

You talked about the risk.  I do agree we need to take some risk when our beloved ones are studying in the new concept schools.  However, I would like to ask:  “Are you sure the schools from the mainstream are offering risk free education?”  In my opinion, as long as the school is operated under an open system which allows transparency, interactions, feedback and lives in a forever learning and improving cycle, I would say the risk is manageable although I understand it is very ideal.

Finally, I would like to say again education like LLC, or other DSS with new concepts, activities mode, free and open education, students oriented, or whatever beautiful names, is not suitable for all.  It requires a bundle of backups.  Think twice before you make your final decision.

Good luck to you all in school search.

Tommy

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

44#
發表於 05-11-28 10:50 |只看該作者

Tommy
多謝你咁詳細既回應   

45#
發表於 05-11-28 11:25 |只看該作者

Tommy,

U have given a fair comment to LLC.

46#
發表於 05-11-28 16:57 |只看該作者

Thanks all
especially Tommy
think I can eliminate LLC for the time being

but it is still a hard choice between SC, Kentville and Victoria

47#
發表於 05-11-28 17:30 |只看該作者

My son (K3) & daughter (K2) is studying in SC. I can share some with you. My son is admitted to La Salle by luck.

SC students are quite active, good at english, but less academic pressure. They don't push much & not much homework. But I like this school very much. Esp the principal is a very nice lady. It's a mix of int'l & traditional school.

Kentville : I heard it's  more traditional than SC. They are more strict on nice Chinese handwriting, while SC demand the kids to write in the correct 筆順.

Victoria ﹕ it s/b similar to SC. But parents are strongly encourage to join the school activities.

Finally going to any kindergarten is not a ticket to any primary school. It really depends on your kids character, and may be more important its' your relationship with the primary school. I heard SFA love SC, & Kenville students. But it doesn't mean your kids can get admitted. It's only more likely they will go to those top school.

:-D

48#
發表於 05-11-28 17:41 |只看該作者

2mings

you won't believe I can be so stupid
I was comparing the figure on the left column against that of the right

2mings 寫道:
你點睇到爭咁遠? 你有留起03-04果份?  

我都覺得奇怪,今年果份係2年加埋的數字,唔係剩講04-05一年! 唔通04-05 派得唔.....  

[quote]
蘿記 寫道:

2mings

點解03-04同理04-05個figure 爭咁遠架
[/quote]

49#
發表於 05-11-28 18:06 |只看該作者

Hi 蘿記
太好啦!你竟然有留起!  

唔該講講03-04 Victoria 果份小一派位,幾多人入到麥小同堅小,大家一齊8下!

P.S. You are not stupid, instead you are smart!

蘿記 寫道:

2mings

you won't believe I can be so stupid
I was comparing the figure on the left column against that of the right

50#
發表於 05-11-28 18:37 |只看該作者

Dear Parent,
You may wish to check out under the subject of "St Paul Coed waiting list" because someone mentioned 2 Kindergartens with very high hit rate.

chchmammy

51#
發表於 05-11-28 19:42 |只看該作者

tommy:
本來都想發下言,不過你己寫了我想寫的,所以不作重覆了
didima
該用戶已被刪除

52#
發表於 05-11-29 01:02 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

53#
發表於 05-11-29 07:32 |只看該作者

didima,

唔好喇!妳粗身大勢呀,哩D粗重野等我做得喇。哩度沙塵滾滾,妳都係乖乖地坐定定,唔好週維騰呀。BB出世後記住帶去靈糧堂留番個位呀!   

Tommy

54#
發表於 05-11-29 09:31 |只看該作者

TINBA
恭喜你孩子入lasalle.咁想問你有多少分?老公是否舊校生?住那一區?
Ho Lam's Homepage 2005年度我最喜愛video-1-層層叠

55#
發表於 05-11-29 10:24 |只看該作者

2mings

我都話你唔信我可以蠢成咁架啦