教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 版主蘆山真面目.
樓主: pipip929
go

版主蘆山真面目. [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 11-8-24 00:05 |只看該作者
哈哈,我都係copy and paste咋. 另外已經注明出處嘞. No thanks. 應該係我地多謝你既幫忙~~~  

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-8-23 23:43 發表

Wow!  Any copyrights issue?  But thanks for your efforts to re-type them!

Actually I proposed this special issue so I have gave information to them, in order to put everything together.  The interv ...

醒目開學勳章

42#
發表於 11-8-24 00:25 |只看該作者
Thanks, probably too 中肯 so the article is so short.  If I said I have trained Shannon to learn 10 musical instruments or 11 languages, then they will have a full issue talking about the story!  haha, just kidding!!

Well, we always want to leave the options to apply other schools during secondary stage.  But the reality is there are no guarantees so need to be prepared.  As we explained the situation to Shannon, she understand and agree to try out other schools so we would take this opportunity to explore more.  At the end, there are changes in her characters over the years and so does the family.  Just need to match one that fits.

Wish us luck!

原帖由 joyjoy815 於 11-8-24 00:05 發表

好中肯........不會一面倒"聖心"........我都估唔到你都會 consider 其他學校....一個開放式為態度....睇完很認同你對子女的栽培......
不過最有興趣想知多報個四間係咩........
Kiss 我都追左幾 ...

43#
發表於 11-8-24 00:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-8-24 00:25 發表
Thanks, probably too 中肯 so the article is so short.  If I said I have trained Shannon to learn 10 musical instruments or 11 languages, then they will have a full issue talking about the story!  haha ...

From your description, your girl is mature enough to enter this 'primary school selection game". Hope she will find the best which fits her.
It is a tough one, not only for the parents but also, for the little one who is going to attend the interview. It is really a challenge but at the same time, a very good opportunity to 'learn'.
By the way.. if you are talking about 10 musical instruments or 11 languages, you will not just be a full issue... you surely will be on A1 headline...  

44#
發表於 11-8-24 00:44 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,
I've been reading your posts for quite sometime on BK and I read your latest article in Oriental Sunday too.  I cannot agree with you more as per what you mentioned in the article.
My husband is an old boy of a well-known Govt aided school in Kowloon Tong and with the religious background many people think that we almost need not to worry about my son's P1 placement as he has a very high chance being able to get into his dad's school.  However, I do believe that I should not limit my son's opportunities to this school only.  My son is still young (only 2.5) and his ability and talents are yet to be discovered.  I have some relatives who have kids studying in traditional local school and I'm not sure if traditional education system really suits my son (since he is very active most of the time) and I believe that we as parents should find the most suitable for him, rather than just aiming at those famous schools in town.  That's why I've been trying hard to learn the local education system as well as the differences among Govt aided schools, DSS, private and international schools.
It's lucky that there are a lot of parents here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience in the BK forum.  Hope that my journey of exploration for my son's education can be shortened via the sharing process of knowledge with all parents here and more important I can eventually find the most suitable for my son.

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-8-23 23:48 發表

Thanks for the support!

How do you feel about the contents?  At least I am glad that they let me say what I wanna say (not twisting them), in a neutral way.

醒目開學勳章

45#
發表於 11-8-24 08:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 joyjoy815 於 11-8-24 00:35 發表

From your description, your girl is mature enough to enter this 'primary school selection game". Hope she will find the best which fits her.
It is a tough one, not only for the parents but a ...

Thanks for the compliment.  Shannon is indeed a simple but mature girl.  Not sure if it sounds contradictory to others, but this is what the parents would like her to be brought up.  At the end, it is the child's own personality combined with the family values.

Being on a magazine is already consider too high-profile for us , but in order to spread the correct messages across, one would have to step up.  A1 is just way too much, haha!

醒目開學勳章

46#
發表於 11-8-24 08:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 winifred102 於 11-8-24 00:44 發表
Hi Ian,
I've been reading your posts for quite sometime on BK and I read your latest article in Oriental Sunday too.  I cannot agree with you more as per what you mentioned in the article.
My husband  ...

Hi winifred102,

Thank you so much for sharing your view and I am glad to find another parent who would agree with this thinking.  In a way, parents in Hong Kong nowadays are just too busy and their minds are too occupied.  So, sometimes it is easy to feel withdraw and would rather choose to take the easy way out.  There are no rights or wrongs, as I just told some parents over a gathering, what suits the family is also an important factor.  So my advice is don't push too hard of yourself.  At the end, the right path will also come to you.

I wish you good luck and all the best!

Ian

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

47#
發表於 11-8-24 09:47 |只看該作者
Ian, 唔怪之得你話有仔就一定讀SLS啦...又知道咁多內部消息, 原來你仲係舊生會嘅人!
恐龍家

醒目開學勳章

48#
發表於 11-8-24 10:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 小曳人 於 11-8-24 09:47 發表
Ian, 唔怪之得你話有仔就一定讀SLS啦...又知道咁多內部消息, 原來你仲係舊生會嘅人!

I didn't mention this before?  haha, not convenient to do so since BK is BK, and I have other responsibilities in other positions mar!  

Well, if you can involve so heavily and able to contribute, also know its future direction agree with your own philosophy, then you won't hesitate to send your own kids to study in this school.  Don't u agree?

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

49#
發表於 11-8-24 14:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-8-24 10:04 發表

I didn't mention this before?  haha, not convenient to do so since BK is BK, and I have other responsibilities in other positions mar!  

Well, if you can involve so heavily and able to contribute,  ...

記得你提過,但無諗過你係高層嘛!
恐龍家

50#
發表於 11-8-24 14:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-8-23 23:46 發表

No, I studied from St. Louis kindergarten -> primary -> secondary thru matriculation.  Never studied in Raimondi.

I think a lot of parents would compare between them.  They are both good schools, j ...

Thanks Ian,
I known what's my plan for my son.

51#
發表於 11-8-24 16:18 |只看該作者
即刻落去買左了來看...Ian原來我都成為了你的Fans了

52#
發表於 11-8-24 17:21 |只看該作者
Thanks so much Christi!
Ian - well said and can't agree with you more. I am sure you did share a lot more good points but being cut short...
I am sure you will continue sharing the exciting journey of Shannon in coming months. Look forward to learning from your experience, though mine is a 2.5 yr old boy...but I guess you will apply co-ed schools for Shannon right?
Good luck and all the best!
原帖由 Christi 於 11-8-23 23:05 發表 ..
以下是該期有關Ian的部份......(啊~~版主你成為一時熱話了呢! )

名校家長備戰心聲
  平常心應付面試嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園家長教師會主席、聖類斯舊生會董事Ian Tsang,其大女兒Shannon,就讀嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園,明年將 ...

53#
發表於 11-8-24 17:59 |只看該作者
Ian, I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for your advice during the time I chose between 2 kinders last year.

Finally see your face in "Oriental Sunday", too!

54#
發表於 11-8-24 18:06 |只看該作者
有個問題我想請教Ian,文中有提及小朋友的禮貌應該從小教育,我都十分認同。我的兒子今年K1,是一個活潑好動的孩子,但是每次要他向陌生人,又或是他的同學或同學媽媽說早晨,他都只會沈默不語。請問有什麼方法可以令小朋友變得更有禮貌呢?

醒目開學勳章

55#
發表於 11-8-24 19:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sumyeema1 於 11-8-23 17:56 發表

can you share your articles here as well?  allowed?

Hi Sumyeema,

I believe I would not be allowed to post the same article here due to copyrights issue.  But you won't need to read from me lar!

Ian

醒目開學勳章

56#
發表於 11-8-24 19:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 ac917 於 11-8-24 16:18 發表
即刻落去買左了來看...Ian原來我都成為了你的Fans了

醒目開學勳章

57#
發表於 11-8-24 19:19 |只看該作者
Thank you very much for the good wishes!

Most of the schools we will applied are girls-only or girls-majority.  Still deciding whether to apply to one "co-ed" school......

原帖由 Angine 於 11-8-24 17:21 發表
Thanks so much Christi!
Ian - well said and can't agree with you more. I am sure you did share a lot more good points but being cut short...
I am sure you will continue sharing the exciting journey of ...

醒目開學勳章

58#
發表於 11-8-24 19:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 esther.cy 於 11-8-24 17:59 發表
Ian, I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for your advice during the time I chose between 2 kinders last year.

Finally see your face in "Oriental Sunday", too!

Hi esther.cy,

It is my honor to be able to share.  

Ian

醒目開學勳章

59#
發表於 11-8-24 19:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 yipbebe 於 11-8-24 18:06 發表
有個問題我想請教Ian,文中有提及小朋友的禮貌應該從小教育,我都十分認同。我的兒子今年K1,是一個活潑好動的孩子,但是每次要他向陌生人,又或是他的同學或同學媽媽說早晨,他都只會沈默不語。請問有什麼方法可以令小朋友變得 ...

Actually the manner is not just limited to what they express.  And very likely your son is not being impolite, may be he is just shy.

I have shared similar experience with my daughters and understand they can just be going through different stages of their development.  So, no need to be too anxious if they cannot repeat what you teach them to be polite and with good manner.

Two important things, be patient and also be a good role model.  The kids are a reflection of us, in front of them.  So, the best pre-school education are the parents.  They learn a lot from us so we will need to be consistent to act the way we teach them.  Another big factor is time.  At the end, they are children.  I know many parents would like to see quick result, but those couldn't last.  We need them to do things through learning but also they must understand the reason and agree upon it.

My elder daughter and I took almost a year to pray in front of her younger sister, until she finally willing to pray with us voluntarily (and so is their mother eventually).  It takes time, no need to be pushy, the same to the kids, and the adults.

My best wishes to you!

Ian

60#
發表於 11-8-24 21:49 |只看該作者

回覆 55# iantsang 的文章

haha, i just bought Oriental Sunday.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題