教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 08年小一 part II
樓主: TINGMUM
go

08年小一 part II [複製鏈接]

541#
發表於 09-10-30 17:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 09-10-29 15:15 發表
Bluestar,

No matter what excuses you use to cover up now, your previous posts already “betrayed” you!!
I will treat you as a doctor anyway, even though you don’t “confess” it.
Please PM the ad ...

O, come on !

If I do have a clinic, it must be 黃綠醫務診所 !

542#
發表於 09-10-30 21:21 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

I don’t mind whether the name of your clinic is
“黃綠醫務診所” or “紅橙黃綠青藍紫醫務診所” as I only believe in professionalism.  

More importantly, I believe you will offer very generous discount to TSL parents!!  

However, if you work only in public hospital, please PM me the name of that hospital so I will try my very best to avoid going there!! 

I believe people perform very differently in different work environments!!  

BTW, why didn’t you declare your profession to the school earlier so you could give some professional advice on minimizing the number of H1N1 cases and the school suspension could be avoided??    

For the sake of the good health of all TSL pupils, I don’t think you will say “No” to providing free medical advice to the school in future!!  

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-30 17:56 發表

O, come on !

If I do have a clinic, it must be 黃綠醫務診所 !

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-10-30 21:22 編輯 ]

543#
發表於 09-10-30 23:08 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-11-11 10:14 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

544#
發表於 09-10-30 23:20 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

Happy Halloween, too!!

May I ask you a personal question?
How is your health lately??

Do you think you need some medical consultation/advice??  
I just found out one very friendly clinic that will offer very generous discount to TSL parents (including soon-to-be TSL parent as well).  

Do you want any referral??  
I don't charge for commission!!  

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-10-30 23:08 發表

Happy Halloween, Dream Team!!!

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-10-30 23:28 編輯 ]

545#
發表於 09-10-30 23:43 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-11-11 10:15 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

546#
發表於 09-10-30 23:56 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

Poor dad!!   The P1 game really made you sick.

According to our honourable e-doctor, the correct name of the clinic is called "Yellow-Green Clinic"!!

As no advertisements are allowed on E.K., I better let our honourable e-doctor PM you the exact address, contact phone number as well as VIP card number.  

Hope you will get well soon.  

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-10-30 23:43 發表

that will be right on time, i just did catch a cold during the passed week end....
i don't have fever yet, but feel dizzy sometime, running nose, cough a lot.... hope not to infect my family.... :too ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-10-30 23:59 編輯 ]

547#
發表於 09-10-31 01:02 |只看該作者
Yes, Flostangraphy, take good care of your health, you still need to help your little tiger to pass the 2nd round, and of course, don't pass any diseases to your other half & your little little little tiger.  

原帖由 principal 於 09-10-30 23:56 發表
flostangraphy,

Poor dad!!   The P1 game really made you sick.

According to our honourable e-doctor, the correct name of the clinic is called "Yellow-Green Clinic"!!

As no a ...

548#
發表於 09-10-31 21:06 |只看該作者
e-P and Flostangraphy,

Wa, you are very brave woh !

You know that the  Yellow Green Clinic is run by a fake doc yet you still dare to go !!

Flostangraphy,  What other diseaseS  do you have, apart from flu ?  What are you symptoms ?  See if Yello Green can help !  ("Yes, we can !" ) -- if you dare allow me.

If you like I can call on a witch doc for help too !

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-10-31 21:13 編輯 ]

549#
發表於 09-10-31 23:41 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

Are you a counterfeit as well??
If yes, we do have at least one thing in common!!

When it comes to bravery/courage, no one can beat flostangraphy.  :tongue: :tongue:
Look at all of his posts in the past one year, we all can feel his bravery/courage and he has demonstrated that to us a few times already.  

What other diseaseS  do you have??

When you asked flostangraphy a question like that with such highlight of the plural form of the word “diseaseS”, it seems that he is currently very ill.

I hope you did not scare him to death!!  

In answering your question, we can easily imagine that he will very likely suffer from high blood pressure, very high level of stress/anxiety and insomnia in the period between now till Nov 23th.

Also, not sure whether his "Middle-Age Crisis" has been cured or not??  
Or may be it will still recur periodically under certain circumstances!!

Hopefully there will be no more symptoms other than that!!  

Actually, the antidote is our accurate sixth sense again.
I don’t think a witch doctor can cure his diseases fully unless she possesses a very reliable Crystal ball.  

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-10-31 21:06 發表

e-P and Flostangraphy,

Wa, you are very brave woh !

You know that the  Yellow Green Clinic is run by a fake doc yet you still dare to go !!

Flostangraphy,  What other diseaseS  do you have, ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-11-1 08:57 編輯 ]

550#
發表於 09-11-1 11:50 |只看該作者
Tingmum,
I'm still arguing with the GS teacher on that question.

I'm sorry that I'm a very stubborn parent. I would like to collect the other parents opinion.

There is a question in GS test as follows:
"Write one thing that you will use to protect your body with. (1%) Which part of your body does it protect? (1%)
The thing which protects our body is ________. It protects our ___________.
My son put "bones" and "heart" as the answer.
2 marks were deducted.

To me , score is the next prority, but the most important is the principle and the expectation or the logic of the teachers.

The explanation from the GS teacher is that "use" normally refer to something that is not naturally born.
However, I looked up the Qxford Advanced Learner's English-Chinese Dictionary, there is an example sentence to explain the meaning of "use": "You use your legs when you walk". So it doesn't seem to me that "use" usually refer to use something which is not naturally born with.
So, if the teachers expect a pretty narrow range of answers, like helmet to protect head, shoes to protect feet, why they don't use the question:
"Write one thing that you will WEAR" instead of "use". If you use "use", then you expect something broad, even if the kids answer as "gun to protect body", this should be also acceptable.
I had provided this opinion in the Parent Day for the multiple choice on the options of "to protect the body" that I discussed before. Why the teachers still using such confusing question in the test??
I want to raise here so that the teachers can pay more attention in setting the questions, especially those open questions. Otherwise this kind of dispute will happen a lot.

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-10-30 13:28 發表
Tingmum,
Your son is bravo!
We also sent imail to his GS teacher to clarify this question (if lucky enough, hope we can get back this 2 marks). We also read encyclopedia before on the bones.
Furtherm ...

551#
發表於 09-11-1 12:50 |只看該作者
heidikl,

May I join the discussion?

Do you know what are the suggested answers to these 2 questions?

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-11-1 11:50 發表
Tingmum,

I'm sorry that I'm a very stubborn parent. I would like to collect the other parents opinion.

There is a question in GS test as follo ...

552#
發表於 09-11-1 13:50 |只看該作者
多謝各位既祝福同安慰,如無意外,我個女應該可在星期一返學~~lee2日佢識笑,應該係冇事了,鬆一口氣
老師都話唯有考試努力啦~~
阿女依然係俾careless mistakes害左佢,GE個份卷我數到有10分係COPYING MISTAKES!!!!  

553#
發表於 09-11-1 16:30 |只看該作者
There is a question in GS test as follows:
"Write one thing that you will use to protect your body with. (1%) Which part of your body does it protect? (1%)
The thing which protects our body is ________. It protects our ___________.
My son put "bones" and "heart" as the answer.
2 marks were deducted.

I am afraid your son's answers cannot be considered as being correct.  
When the word "use" is used, it means an action which is initiated by us voluntarily and can be stopped whether we wish.  
Yes, you are right that we use our legs to walk, we use our hand to write, etc.  But when we stop using them, those actions will be stopped immediately.  
However, the bones around our hearts have been fixed there for protection since our bodies were formed.  We don't need to initiate the process of "using" the bones for protection and we cannot stop "using" them.  In other words, there is no need for us to use them.

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-11-1 11:50 發表
Tingmum,

There is a question in GS test as follo ...

[ 本帖最後由 boilermaker 於 09-11-1 16:58 編輯 ]

554#
發表於 09-11-1 18:01 |只看該作者
Principal,
My son put "shoes" and "feet" in the correction. So, I expect the answers are like shoes - feet, helmet - head etc.
My son said that he didn't put those because he thought if so, the question should be "thing to wear".

原帖由 principal 於 09-11-1 12:50 發表
heidikl,

May I join the discussion?

Do you know what are the suggested answers to these 2 questions?

555#
發表於 09-11-1 22:40 |只看該作者
heidikl,

Originally, I thought the first answer might be “hat/gloves” and the second answer might be “head/hands”.

I guess the questions and the answers should be related to the topics in the G.S. textbook covered by the first term test.
I do not know the exact topics but my guess might be “The body/Your body” or something like that.

Personally, I think “bones” should not be an appropriate answer for the first question.
As the answer for the second question relates to that for the first one, if you can’t get the right answer for the first one, you will lose the mark for the second one as well.

Just my personal view.
I could be wrong.

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-11-1 18:01 發表

Principal,
My son put "shoes" and "feet" in the correction. So, I expect the answers are like shoes - feet, helmet - head etc.
My son said that he didn't put those because he thought if so, the questi ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-11-1 22:46 編輯 ]

556#
發表於 09-11-2 01:33 |只看該作者
Didn't you take Science or Biology in secondary school ?

One of the functions of Bone(s) is to protect (the organs of) the body !!
This point should be indisputable !

And it should not involve a play with (English) words.

BoneFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drawing of a human femur.

Bones are rigid organs that form part of the endoskeleton of vertebrates. They function to move, support, and protect the various organs of the body, produce red and white blood cells and store minerals. Bone tissue is a type of dense connective tissue. Because bones come in a variety of shapes and have a complex internal and external structure they are lightweight, yet strong and hard, in addition to fulfilling their many other functions. One of the types of tissue that makes up bone is the mineralized osseous tissue, also called bone tissue, that gives it rigidity and a honeycomb-like three-dimensional internal structure. Other types of tissue found in bones include marrow, endosteum and periosteum, nerves, blood vessels and cartilage. There are 206 bones in the adult human body[1] and 270 in an infant.[2]

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-11-2 01:40 編輯 ]

557#
發表於 09-11-2 01:55 |只看該作者
In the past, when the teachers find some disputable answere  (probably becos some parents dispute the standard / permissible answere), they will discuss the issue with the subject panel, before giving a firm reply.

I remember an incident 1 or 2 years ago, when I queried why an answer (Engl paper) was wrong, the subject teacher answered with a reference to a certain rule in the worksheet, then several weeks later the kids were asked to bring that paper back to school, and marks were given back for that correct answer.

Sometimes the questions are, inadvertently, ambiguous or vague and the kids can give several diff answers, incl some which are outside the original set of permissible answers but reasonable.  Usually the teachers discuss these during subject panel meetings or dig out some good references to support themselves or accept these "unexpected" answers as permissible answers.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-11-2 02:03 編輯 ]

558#
發表於 09-11-2 02:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 principal 於 09-10-31 23:41 發表
Bluestar,

Are you a counterfeit as well??
If yes, we do have at least one thing in common!!

When it comes to bravery/courage, no one can beat flostangraphy.  :tongue: :tongue: ...

No, I declared I wasn't a medical or paramedical professional.  Yet you still insisted that I should be a doc ja !  So that makes me exempted from being a counterfeit doc.  

I was merely trying to check on F's many possible diseases, in case I miss out on any.

Of course he has high blood pressure these days.  That goes without saying.  And with that comes a lot of other things as well.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-11-2 04:08 編輯 ]

559#
發表於 09-11-2 08:49 |只看該作者
I guess nobody would argue the protective function of bones - even if he/she did not take science or biology previously.

Back to the GS question, it sounds more like the kid is stuck with "word play" himself....he does not seem to be "flexible" enough to realize that "wearing" something is a way of "using" something.  

I also agree that the answers should be relevant to the topic discussed in the class.  

By the way, parents should also learn to respect teachers as our kids are observing us too.  Unless there are something factually wrong, it may not be a good idea to drag our arguments and keep challenging the teachers for too long.  We definitely don't want our kids to lose respect and trust for their teachers.  

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-11-2 01:33 發表
Didn't you take Science or Biology in secondary school ?

One of the functions of Bone(s) is to protect (the organs of) the body !!
This point should be indisputable !

And it should not ...

[ 本帖最後由 boilermaker 於 09-11-2 09:03 編輯 ]

560#
發表於 09-11-2 09:49 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-11-11 10:13 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題