463#
發表於 09-9-25 13:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 婥蔚媽咪 於 09-9-25 13:42 發表
各位有冇睇新聞??今年學校收左over3000個申請

oh~~sorry for so many repeated post~~
我按左發表之後佢話我操作未定義要我返回~~我以為未post so就按左幾次,但原要來係post左~~

464#
發表於 09-9-26 16:22 |只看該作者
Thanks Ahchoi and Principal on the explanation. My son chose D originally and I asked him to correct to A and so I'm so concerned about that.

I can accept the answer "D" but suggest the school may consider to upgrade the wordings into, say:
To protect our body and keep our body healthy, we should:
a. wear protective gear when doing sports
b. keep an upright posture when standing and sitting
c. not wear very tight clothes
d. all of the above

原帖由 ahchoi 於 09-9-25 08:53 發表
Hi Heidikl,

I think the answer is referring to what have been mentioned in the textbook. (3 pictures in the textbook, I think should be in Ch 2.) That's why I told my girl the answer should be "D". S ...

465#
發表於 09-10-4 10:48 |只看該作者

回覆 1# heidikl 的文章

I have a big question would like to seek the experienced parents sharing.

My brother's son is a very very smart kid. He is now 8 years old and he studies P.6 level maths. and P.4 level Eng. in Kumon. In the past, when he was in Kindergarten, he did the demonstration of mental adding 3 digits numbers. He loves piano very much and he got 118 when tested piano level 3 in this Apr. and he is now aiming at level 5. He can remember a lot of thing in one sight. But my brother and his wife is not a well educated people and they have no time and don't know how to train him. The worse is that he studies in a very small primary school with only ~50 students in one form. I think he may be a gifted child but at the same time, he has a big problem to communicate with the other students and all his classmates don't play with him. The teachers always complaint that he doesn't behave well. So, like the gifted child, he's got all the problem for the gifted child. However, when I talked to him personally, I found that he really thinks pretty mature and behaves very well.
I want to help him but found that there is no resource from Government for the gifted child.
So, my questions are:
1) if any parent have this kind of experience? I can feel that in this BK, one parent has the kid of similar characteristics. Any resource can help for the gifted child?
2) My brother's wife is struggling should she change the school for the kid? but what school is suitable for him? on the other hand, if the school accepts this kind of kid? if TSL is a good choice? my son is luckily to be TSL student but I think it's difficult to get in TSL? is there any chance for my brother's son to get in TSL if this is a good choice for him??
Appreciate anyone advice as I really want to help my brother's son. My brother was the same case in the past. He was always the #1 in Maths in Primary school. However we didn't have good environment to learn Eng. in the past and he failed the Eng. in HKCEE and he needs to work as a blue collar with not so satisfactory living standard. I don't want his son to follow his same path.

466#
發表於 09-10-4 19:51 |只看該作者
heidikl,

If you would like to get more advice/information about gifted child, perhaps you can consider to post your questions in "資優教育" under E.K.

You may find more parents with gifted children there who can share relevant information with you.

原帖由 heidikl 於 09-10-4 10:48 發表

My brother's son is a very very smart kid. He is now 8 years old and he studies P.6 level maths. and P.4 level Eng. in Kumon. ...

467#
發表於 09-10-4 21:00 |只看該作者
Principal,
As always, many thanks.
I found a few valuable sharing.

原帖由 principal 於 09-10-4 19:51 發表
heidikl,

If you would like to get more advice/information about gifted child, perhaps you can consider to post your questions in "資優教育" under E.K.

You may find more parents with gifted children  ...

468#
發表於 09-10-6 11:47 |只看該作者
heidikl,

你侄仔有突出的能力而在現校又唔開心, 加上嫂嫂亦猶疑想轉校, 既然現校不理想, 倒不如叫你嫂嫂搜集一些她心目中認為較合適學校的資料, 試下申請插班?  

一個孩子的成功, 家庭教育與學校是相互相成的. 家長對選校的決定, 在生活態度上對孩子扶一把, 對小朋友的一生起了相當關鍵的作用.

對於是否資優, 我想不用check,你嫂嫂心中己有數, 知道自己小朋友的強弱點. 只是不合群這方面真要留意一些, 如有需要, 真是要做專業評估,找出根源和改善的方案.

個人來說, 我是贊成你的看法, 為孩子著想,不想將來有遺憾, 盡量說服嫂嫂進取些!  努力:loveliness:

469#
發表於 09-10-7 05:38 |只看該作者
Tingmum,
Many thanks.
We also need to努力:loveliness: as our children are our gifts and they are all "gifted" children to our mind.

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-10-6 11:47 發表
heidikl,

你侄仔有突出的能力而在現校又唔開心, 加上嫂嫂亦猶疑想轉校, 既然現校不理想, 倒不如叫你嫂嫂搜集一些她心目中認為較合適學校的資料, 試下申請插班?  

一個孩子的成功, 家庭教育與學校是相互相成的. 家 ...

470#
發表於 09-10-7 11:21 |只看該作者
heidikl ,
希望heidi媽 pass by, 可以比到更貼心的建議你.  

今日返學了, 個仔話要送我一個中默100分做生日禮物, 真是甜到漏!

471#
發表於 09-10-7 11:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 heidikl 於 09-10-4 10:48 發表

My brother's son is a very very smart kid. He is now 8 years old and he studies P.6 level maths. and P.4 level Eng. in Kumon. ...

HI HEIDIKL,
路過見到...
政府有一個叫資優教育組, 可以同佢地CHECK下有咩幫到佢。http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeid=2377&langno=2
另外, 可以帶佢去政府既智力評估中心, 不過佢地唔會話你知佢既IQ係幾多, 亦未必一定幫佢做韋氏評估。如果真係想知, 可以搵外面既醫生做(如有需要, 幫我仔仔做果個都OK架)。不過外面收費絕不便宜, 就算福利機構有得做, 都要三千蚊左右。

呢個係政府既其中一間中心, 你搵一個私家醫生 / 家庭醫生寫一封轉介信, 話佢合群差 / 其他事, 佢地就會約姑娘先見你, 之後再開會傾要用做咩醫生跟進。如果要睇教育心理學家 / 精神科, 排期會耐D。
http://www.dhcas.gov.hk/textonly/tc_chi/centre_info/centre_info_hkc.html

你姪仔做公文數算係比較"死做爛做"FEEL, 所以做得到高年級數不足為奇。我仔仔K3都係計到3個位+3個位+3個位數, 而家佢自己又計5年級數, 不過佢韋氏分數都唔係資優, 只係數學/記性方面爆燈。SO, 你姪仔睇黎要先搵醫生幫幫佢, 之後醫生必定會比一個好既建議比你地。但係好明白你"皇帝唔急太監急"既心情....要做以上既野, 都要睇佢媽媽肯唔肯。如果真係資優(因為有太多範疇既資優啦), 就更加要好好栽培佢。

BTW, 我仔仔專注力 / 自信心等等, 都因為睇左醫生, 醫生既建議幫到我, 所以仔仔而家乖左好多啦。希望你嫂子都肯聽你講啦。

472#
發表於 09-10-7 11:31 |只看該作者
TINGMUM,

Your son is very clever!!  

He only needs to study hard for a few days in order to get 100 marks in the Chinese dictation.
But he does not need to take out a single penny from his own "red pocket money".

Very smart boy!!  

I believe he must be a very good financial planner in future!! 

BTW, Happy Birthday to you.  

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-10-7 11:21 發表

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-10-7 11:37 編輯 ]

473#
發表於 09-10-7 11:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-10-7 11:21 發表
heidikl ,
希望heidi媽 pass by, 可以比到更貼心的建議你.  

先祝你生日快樂呵

474#
發表於 09-10-8 12:21 |只看該作者
Silvia & principal,

我好鐘意你地的 e-birthday cake! Thank you!

e-principal 好心水清, 個仔最近想出的賺錢方法真是層出不窮. 將來做不成科學家, 大可去做FINANCIAL PLANNER. 這次算是大方, 說明是"免費贈送", 上次的中默和英默滿分己向我charge每次$5蚊. 我好奇問他上次中默明明溫極都唔識, 我以為會不及格, 點解會滿分? 最奇怪平時英文功課錯漏百出, 今次默書連unseen都全對. 他說為了賺錢, 默書時個腦要想得好辛苦才能做到.

估唔到最近看的一本書"HOW TO BUILD A SPACESHIP"給了他一股動力. 買材料需要$$$, 為了SAVE $, 竟睇埋以前B*送比家姐的兒童理財書, 不知這股動力可維持幾耐

475#
發表於 09-10-8 13:05 |只看該作者
TINGMUM,

Good to hear that.

But please do not tell your son the actual cost of building a spaceship at this moment.   
The reason is that he can only earn $5.- in a dictation with full marks.
I am afraid that he can only earn not more than $500.- in a school year even including the TOBS and the two term examinations.
Plus another few years of primary and secondary school years, he can’t earn more than $10,000.-
Even including the 4-year university period, I am afraid that he can’t earn enough to buy a little screw of a spaceship!!
However, let him keep the momentum first.    

By the time when he gets a MBA (double major in Finance and Science), even though he may then realize that he can’t use his own money to build a spaceship, he has already learnt all the financial and technical knowledge to look for a venture capital to finance such huge project!!  

I should also try this sure-win formula by buying a similar book and depict/tell a beautiful story to my child tonight!!  

Just for fun before the lunch!! 

Does it sound like a rhyme??  

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-10-8 12:21 發表

Silvia & principal,

e-principal 好心水清, 個仔最近想出的賺錢方法真是層出不窮. 將來做不成科學家, 大可去做FINANCIAL PLANNER. 這次算是大方, 說明是"免費贈 ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-10-8 13:07 編輯 ]

476#
發表於 09-10-8 13:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-10-8 12:21 發表
Silvia & principal,

e-principal 好心水清, 個仔最近想出的賺錢方法真是層出不窮. 將來做不成科學家, 大可去做FINANCIAL PLANNER. 這次算是大方, 說明是"免費贈 ...

Tingmum,

今年你仔仔在中文方面似乎進步了不少呢~~果然冇白費你幫佢溫書~~真係可喜可賀
相反我個女,同佢溫左幾次中默,結果7字頭番黎~~激死我!!

另外,生日快樂~~

[ 本帖最後由 婥蔚媽咪 於 09-10-8 13:36 編輯 ]

477#
發表於 09-10-8 14:19 |只看該作者
Tingmum,

I'd better get him some more astro-food next time.  At least that doesn't cost as much as a screw on a spaceship !

478#
發表於 09-10-8 15:58 |只看該作者
e-P & B*,

He got many different ways to make money.  It is unnecessary for him to wait for that long time to buy a little screw of spaceship.   He asked his daddy "Dad, have you even learnt demand and supply before, you should try to import those rare products from foreign countries that demand by Hong Kong people and then mark up the price to sell them in Hong Kong." He said this is his idea so that he deserves to take half profit.   真怕大個做不成太空人,卻成了奸商!

B*,
Astro ice-cream already finished.  He needs you supply more astro-foods.

479#
發表於 09-10-8 16:06 |只看該作者
婥蔚媽咪,

多謝生日蛋糕呀!  我唔止同佢溫幾日, 是剛買本中文書到手, 己開始同個仔逐d逐d溫.  就算默書可以溫到 100分, 到考試 PAPER 1 同 2 一樣是 低分.  如果佢肯睇多兩本中文書, 咁就真係可喜可賀 .  我同佢溫中文的辛酸史,  睇怕將來可以出書!

480#
發表於 09-10-8 16:28 |只看該作者
Then he can claim half of profits on the book too !
‹ 上一主題|下一主題