搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD 家長召集 (大家入來傾吓)
樓主: Elmomo
go

DBSPD 家長召集 (大家入來傾吓) [複製鏈接]

441#
發表於 05-10-2 19:49 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD 家長召集 (大家入來傾

Are we encouraging our children to cheat by copying from other children? I doubt if this is the correct way to learn.  

442#
發表於 05-10-2 20:27 |只看該作者

[quote]
mattsmum 寫道:l  strange, parents paid but they had to be teacher....

What you has written surprises me much         
whereas every parent whether he/she has paid the school fee should undertake their parts by cooperating with their kids' teacher to teach them not just keep shifting the burden to the teachers .

Please making sure what you send your kid to is a primary school instead of a nursery. It also does mean that paying fee is everything and your kid must be trained up well.

443#
發表於 05-10-2 21:21 |只看該作者

我好明白didima的心情同感受,尤其係剛剛從幼稚園升小學既小朋友。
我都唔接受學校唔教,但又要學生去做,唔通個個家長都唔駛做,又可以成日陪住佢地做功課咩!

不過,有無其他P.1家長有同樣情況?定係個別老師問題?我囝囝暫時就未有無呢個情況,所以我都建議didima首先問下其他班家長,或者同PTA or老師傾一傾。

Anyway,didima:唔好唔開心,俾多d時間囝囝去適應。 :
:-P

444#
發表於 05-10-2 23:22 |只看該作者

easy,各位:
多謝你的安慰,你寫的亦是我心想的
我想唔係我唔知想揀Й野學校,而係覺得成長就像上樓梯一樣,必須循序漸進,
如果把學習生涯看成是長跑,找了好的學校就似找倒一條有利的起跑線,但最終決定孩子一生,是他怎樣跑
我深信決定他們日後成敗,是有健康的身体,良好的人際關係,旺盛的求知慾,自尊的心靈,對環境的適應
其實DBSPD既學生同其他的小朋友一樣,知道自已要進入一個比幼兒期更大的世界,耍學習各種技能和知識,面對新的環境同新的學習方式和要求
進入小學,他們要接受正規的教育,學習方式亦由遊戲方式改為講授方式進行
能否達到要求,很大程度視乎孩子生理同心理是否獲得滿足,
呢個包括健康,成就感,自尊,適當的指導
咁我真係覺得有d家長痴痴地,仲要話再深d,可能有d家長覺得未教就要做係家長要配合學校,無Й問題,在我來說就不能接受
至於校長講太保護d細路,叫佢地行上山返學,要個6歲平時背著書包都己經好重,仲要行上山,脊骨唔歪至怪,你估個個住嘉多利咩,8點起身仲得

didima

445#
發表於 05-10-2 23:28 |只看該作者

Dear Mansdom,

In reply to your thread, I share different views.

“I agreed with what Mr. T. Chang (Headmaster) had mentioned in the meeting with parents on last Thursday where he repeatedly emphasized that nowadays parents pamper too much and even spoil their kids. He gave two examples ((1) one parent complained that the discipline was too harsh as her was unhappy with the restriction not to do anything once he heard “freeze”. It sounds ridiculous but it really happens.”

There are much better ways to teach a child discipline. This is a true case: a show was set to perform to the parents by the kindies. Kids were standing on stage before the show starts. They chit chat, move around with no discipline and made a lot of noise. There were about 150 or more kids up there. In less than 15 seconds, the whole group sat down properly without making a noise. Obviously, the teacher did not say “freeze”, she didn’t need to shout a single word, to stare with angry eyes or to use any physical force at all. She just simply clap hands with a specific pattern repeatedly and the whole crowd of kids of 5 yr olds calmed down naturally. In addition, all kids when walking up to the classroom has to walk in single file with hands on handrail, kids will sit down properly in classroom when teacher says 'kriss cross apple sauce" To me, that is discipline! Of course, kids are welcome to ask questions and to share his own views and that is nothing to do with discipline since that shows the urge of wanting to  learn more.

--------------------------------------------------------
“one parent complained to have too much homework for his kid and threatened to have the school changed if no improvement. I would like to raise a point that the reason why DBSPD could successfully draw a number of applications every year is due to its brilliant academic and sport performance which is certainly unreachable without putting effort painstakingly.”

I do not threatening nobody since this may be a criminal case . Afterall, we are all civilized people here in BK. Agree that DBSPD kids are smart and that’s why they are capable to learnt much better by using the inspiring approach rather than force-feed approach that so-called elite schools are using which less smart kids may benefit from (I may have mistaken since I think that DPSPD is a notch above those schools in terms of method of teaching). From what I heard from some friends of mine who are old boys (names withhold as some of them have their kids studying in IS), studying was fun and free and were not like what it is today.
-------------------------------------------------------

“if school compromised by lowering the teaching standard, your kid would indisputably be happy and at the end get promoted without difficulty, however does the same request for lowering the standard still last in secondary school or even in university ?”

Lowering teaching standard is not equal to not teaching at all but to rely on parents to take on the job, we are here only to assist.

“Don’t forget what our kids have to face in their future is a contest with all people of globalization.”

You are right! But do you realize that globally, upper teaching material approach and force-feed teaching is at the lower echelon of all teaching approaches?

“Please bear in mind “no pain, no gain”, and the basic and fundamental training is paramountly important to the upbringing of DBSPD students.”

What are you referring to pain? If this means that it is the endless struggle with parents and child on HW, the sacrificing of quality time with children to teach them how to be a proper person, to sacrifice time on kid’s character building, to sacrifice time to inspire the child to think and seek knowledge for himself? That’s a lot of pain to take and I don’t think the gain is worth that pain. And when you mentioned about fundamental training, truth is, FUNDAMENTALS are not taught at school so far! I don’t see reading is encouraged, I don’t see the child is being inspired to get more knowledge alone himself.  I had heard a lot of good things about the school from last year and this year it has seemed to move a step backward!

I have high expectation that what Mr Chang has claimed the school is proud that it can strike a balance btn Int'l and local approach and gets the best out of the two, but what I see it is just another "ELITE" school that tend to force feed and teaching upper material so far!!

446#
發表於 05-10-2 23:34 |只看該作者

mansdom:
你咁講即是你覺得學校唔教,家長都要配合

上次家長會就有1個家長,大家都認為很變態的,因那位家長要求學校再深d耍再多worksheet,亦講自己亦另有比worksheet佢個囝做,
驚谷佢個仔唔死,等佢死快d

入得DBSPD d家長唔係流既,又點會唔sure想耍Й,睇怕你唔係master都係PHD holder啦,咁大家都知咁谷法,上到中學可能已經油盡燈枯

我反而覺得課程可採用拔尖方式,d細路有能力又有興趣可以入scheme,另外又可以滿足埋家長

didima

447#
發表於 05-10-3 00:09 |只看該作者

就囝囝來說,暑假前他仍可在小組間自由走動,透過遊戲,唱歌輕鬆學習,,上了小一,佢耍按時間表上課,節數又多又長,各科老師都要求上課專心,不可離座和隨便說話
囝囝也會說害怕未能遵守規則,也會感到疲累和想睡覺
在學校要守校規,自己抄黑板,要自律,面對種種要求,佢會希望自己的努力獲認同
同意失敗對他不是坏事,但太多失敗便會失信心
孩子日後彼多的發展都建基於這個階段,特別是學習興趣,生活習慣
作為媽媽的,就是給他愛心,耐心,提醒同鼓勵,令佢有向前的勇氣
互勉
didima

448#
發表於 05-10-3 00:19 |只看該作者

Gorowitz:
phonics在很早前己開始學,其實係囝囝唔係唔識,而係真的有必耍寸咁長字母的生字嗎?
我覺得一年級,max寸5,6個字母的生字己足夠,反而可幫助閱讀和寫作
didima

449#
發表於 05-10-3 00:25 |只看該作者

zz:
我真的走寶了(講笑)
haha

didima

450#
發表於 05-10-3 01:08 |只看該作者

didima,

明白你的心情,你冇走寶,小一學生及家長都要去適應這一轉變.站穩自己的選擇,慢慢地協助孩子適應吧!父母都會給孩子最好的.right!見招拆招吧!

LS都是辛苦的,大家彼此彼此,幸虧LS沒如謠傳所說的教高一級 還是那句:間間學校都有它的優及劣.只要我的孩子能適應,我會盡量去配合及支持.雖然有時都會發牢騷,但我很阿Q,多往好處看,心情自然好,事情就迎刃而解.

451#
發表於 05-10-3 09:59 |只看該作者

Bravo

452#
發表於 05-10-3 12:25 |只看該作者

Bravo

453#
發表於 05-10-3 13:15 |只看該作者

didima 寫道:
就囝囝來說,暑假前他仍可在小組間自由走動,透過遊戲,唱歌輕鬆學習,,上了小一,佢耍按時間表上課,節數又多又長,各科老師都要求上課專心,不可離座和隨便說話
囝囝也會說害怕未能遵守規則,也會感到疲累和想睡覺
在學校要守校規,自己抄黑板,要自律,面對種種要求,佢會希望自己的努力獲認同
同意失敗對他不是坏事,但太多失敗便會失信心
孩子日後彼多的發展都建基於這個階段,特別是學習興趣,生活習慣
作為媽媽的,就是給他愛心,耐心,提醒同鼓勵,令佢有向前的勇氣
互勉
didima

454#
發表於 05-10-3 13:21 |只看該作者

Dear didima,

原來這個假期大家發表了這麼多意見,因為囝囝這個星期要默書,故此,這個假期就是在溫習中渡過。

我部份認同大家的意見,就是囝囝上了小一後,家長變得很有壓力,全日充當了孩子的補習老師。若我不用返工,還可以,但是孩子也需要自己的空間﹗

但是,另一方面,除了英文串字默書外,囝囝其他科目也尚算可以自己應付,並且,每天返學也很高興。故此,有時候我對自己說,作為家長,我也需要給自己時間適應,希望遲時情況會好一些。好像上次英文,很多孩子都覺辛苦,老師亦發覺大部份學生達不到標準時,今次己將範圍縮少,我給自己適應,也給學校適應,希望大家能取一個平衡點。
該用戶已被刪除

455#
發表於 05-10-3 13:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

456#
發表於 05-10-3 15:10 |只看該作者

原来可以滲埋其他家長發表意見,我都想講埋一份:

1. 聖方濟各英文小學話教高一级,唔一定一開始就教高一級,可以漸漸加深都得。
2. 現在就默January-December,Monday -Sunday,好似真係深的,這是一般小二至小三所默之英文字。但如果大部分小朋友都能接受,我認為也無不可。大深固然令人透不過氣,太淺也令小朋友提不起興趣。我想,學校當局自能找到適中之安排。
3. 13+____=25,這是方程,有的小學到小五、六才教。但小一教也可,我會拿一天平,拿些圍棋。以這條題為例,我會一邊放13粒,再加上用紙包起的12粒,另一邊放25粒,令天平平衡。然後,每邊拿走13粒,打開紙巾一看,啊!原来兩邊都12粒。然後,才慢慢地教列式算,例如:
13+?=25
13-13+?=25-13 (兩邊同减13,即同時拿走13粒圍棋).
?=12.

總之,積極和學校配合,同時也不要将短期得失看得太重,オ是正面之態度。

457#
發表於 05-10-3 15:56 |只看該作者

Sister Judy,

I don't disagree with you. I just want to use your thread to express my feelings...

In fact my son performs unexpectedly well when facing the humongous pressure due to the amt of HW and dictation (which some may still feel in inadequate).To me, I don't any difficulty for my kid to settle down.

But the point is, is this what we want? The same question has been torturing me for the last few weeks.

No pain no gain? is it only refer to the mental part of parents?

458#
發表於 05-10-3 16:53 |只看該作者

HI , 各位 DBSPD 媽咪,

我路過的 ! 我兒今年考小一, 我非常希望能入讀 DBSPD, 但不是我揀學校,是學校揀學生, 現想請教各位DBSPD 家長可否給我一些面試深得 ? 謝!!!!!!!

459#
發表於 05-10-3 20:04 |只看該作者

cottontail:
thanks
didima

460#
發表於 05-10-3 20:06 |只看該作者

LV77:
你耐心睇下,我地之前有講過一些面試心得
didima