用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

441#
發表於 10-7-28 23:56 |只看該作者
Ian,

知道你囡囡轉了去一間一條龍的.想請問,你報一條龍時囡囡應只是2歲幾,這麼早就為她選定未來10幾年的教育方式,不會過早嗎?有沒有想過等她再大幾年,才為她選小學?

我明白一條龍的好處,也知道你重視紀律問題.我是想就這點詢問你的看法.

thanks.

醒目開學勳章

442#
發表於 10-7-29 00:58 |只看該作者
Hi Christi,

I am about to go to bed but notice your message here so I guess I have to delay my sleep...  

Thanks for the question since I think you may be the first one who ask me WHY I go for a one-dragon kindergarten.

I guess naturally, many parents would automatically consider one-dragon as an advantage and ignore the actual considerations in behind.

First of all, I didn't begin the kindergarten search with one-dragon kindergarten at all, I guess I don't even aware there are such options to begin with.  I remember I just feel very frustrated that I didn't pick a wife who graduated from a primary school that still exist!    Just kidding but as I graduated from boys' school and my wife's primary school has closed so that means we need to be lucky I guess?  However, the fact is it leave us with very little options.

So, I begin looking for which nets to move to so can have better chance to find a good primary school.  However, the more time I spent on it, and realize there are just too many uncertainties in it and I feel very much handicapped.  As a result, I am seeking for alternatives......

Then I realize the beauty of private primary schools (come with 6 years of tuition costs) as insurance.  So I start to look for private primary which guarantee admissions to own kindergarten students.  The amazing fact that I found was that only 2% of each year's students have this luxury to be secured a seat at a decent primary school, and it seems to give me great comfort.

I need to stress I didn't plan to set the path for my daughter at this point.  However, here is one primary objective for me finding one-dragon kindergarten.  I do not want my daughter spent her kindergarten time busy winning this and that certificates just to build a great profile for primary school application and door-knocking.  I simply don't agree with this approach and I want her to actually enjoy and learn through this 3 years.  Although it seems by putting her in one of these kindergartens seems to limit her options, but by doing so, it actually leave her with greater flexibility to choose her own path.

So, the intention of finding one-dragon kindergarten, is to allow my daughter to have the greatest freedom to develop based on her own talent and interest, into whoever she should be.  I think I have explained this to many parents, my plan is only to avoid the hassle on primary school application.  She will need to face the challenge and handle secondary school application herself.  Of course, if she likes and academic capable, she can study in same school for 15 years here.  However, it is not a must to me and I would like her to experience the competitiveness and ability to handle pressure at an earlier age when she need to plan for her own secondary study.

Honestly, I would have no idea what secondary school will fit her the most so I am determined to leave this decision to herself.  Actually, she is the one who chose the current one out of all the kindergartens she interviewed, but not us as parents.  We are just there to support her through this process, all the interview questions to parents are answered sincerely so we won't enter a wrong kindergarten if our belief doesn't match their expectation.

So, this is a 9-year plan instead of a 15-year plan.  This is my personal view on the education, kindergarten serve as the place to establish good moral standard, primary school to provide solid fundamental knowledge and secondary school, will be the place where she can develop her own social skills and prepare for further study based on her own talents and interest.  This is a simple version but just a rough picture of how I see the education system in Hong Kong.

I guess it is already a very long answer and speaks out quite a few of what my belief in behind.  Hope it is useful for your consideration.

Ian

原帖由 Christi 於 10-7-28 23:56 發表
Ian,

知道你囡囡轉了去一間一條龍的.想請問,你報一條龍時囡囡應只是2歲幾,這麼早就為她選定未來10幾年的教育方式,不會過早嗎?有沒有想過等她再大幾年,才為她選小學?

我明白一條龍的好處,也知道你重視紀律問題.我是 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-7-29 01:42 編輯 ]

443#
發表於 10-8-2 15:03 |只看該作者
thanks Ian.你的觀點很值得參考.剝奪咗你寶貴的睡覺時間,真的不好意思呢  !  :)

444#
發表於 10-8-2 15:17 |只看該作者
My son was born in Nov 2008 想搵一間一條龍幼稚園 for K1 in 2011 as I want a to have a safe option.
Which ones do you think will have higher chances given he is a 細仔?
I live in Mong Kok.
Many thanks!!

醒目開學勳章

445#
發表於 10-8-3 02:09 |只看該作者
Have you read the list I prepared on the first page?
Here's the link:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=1#pid32337346

There are really limited choices for boys and I normally would recommend Pui Ching for boys.  However, their admission starts from Sep to Aug so the small B need to apply in the following year (their minimum age of admission is 3 years old, not 2 years 8 months as most kindergartens do).

Alternatively, depends on how "secure" you expect this one-dragon is.  If you need like 100%, then the other two choices are co-ed schools but their secondary sections are both girls school.  They are True Light (Tai Hang) and Pooi To.

On the other hand, if you only need certain linkage, then just refer to other schools I mention on the above link for reference.

Ian

原帖由 llhlee 於 10-8-2 15:17 發表
My son was born in Nov 2008 想搵一間一條龍幼稚園 for K1 in 2011 as I want a to have a safe option.
Which ones do you think will have higher chances given he is a 細仔?
I live in Mong Kok.
Many thanks ...

446#
發表於 10-8-3 16:56 |只看該作者
Thanks! Yes I've read the first page but as you said there are very few "one-dragon" schools for boys starting from K1.  There are more from P.1 onwards but chances are they may not accept all P.6 to F.1 too!

I don't mind co-ed schools but again, very limited choices!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-8-3 02:09 發表
Have you read the list I prepared on the first page?
Here's the link:

There are really limited choices for boys and I normal ...

447#
發表於 10-8-3 16:58 |只看該作者

一條龍幼稚園->私立&直資 小學->中學名單(Updated May 21)

Hi Ian,

I have trouble to access to below links and download your list or excel file.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=7#pid32398457

Can you please pm me again?

Many thanks.

醒目開學勳章

448#
發表於 10-8-3 17:57 |只看該作者
Here's the link for download the excel:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ ... condary_schools_xls

(may be a bit out-dated)

Here's the link to my blog of the list:

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/ian-kingdom/article?mid=45

(This is more updated)

449#
發表於 10-8-18 21:43 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

450#
發表於 10-8-30 21:48 |只看該作者

english education

Dear Ian
Thank you for your infomation.
My baby will take K1 exam in this year.
We are looking for english education place from kindergarten to primary..
Do you have some recomend kindergarten?

451#
發表於 10-8-30 22:44 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,

你既資料真係好有用. 我有一個難題想請教, 我女兒係0812既bb, 其實己經有學校收佢2010既1月插班讀n1, 我想幫佢報其他學校係明年2011既9月讀k1, 可惜好多朋友話大部份學校唔收12月出生既超細b, 你有可見意呢? 係咪一定要佢2011再讀多一次n1呢?

我家住34校網, 心儀既幼稚園有: 聖羅撤, 協恩, 靈量堂, 根德園

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-8-3 17:57 發表
Here's the link for download the excel:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ ... condary_schools_xls

(may be a bit out-dated)

Here's the link to my blog of the list:

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/ian-ki ...

醒目開學勳章

452#
發表於 10-8-30 23:08 |只看該作者
Hi kingkenta,

Besides private international schools, other options certainly include ESF.

You can check their website here:
http://www.esf.edu.hk/

Here you can also find information for non-Chinese children from the Education Bureau:
http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=4369&langno=1

Hope these are useful for you.

Ian

原帖由 kingkenta 於 10-8-30 21:48 發表
Dear Ian
My baby will take K1 exam in this year.
We are looking for english education place from kindergarten to primary..
Do you have some recomend kindergarten?

醒目開學勳章

453#
發表於 10-8-30 23:16 |只看該作者
Children should be evaluated according to their individual development, not purely based on their month of birth.  However, it is the reality that some kindergartens do access the children according to such factor.

However, it doesn't mean your child has no chances at all.  My advice is you should still apply in the coming year for 2011 K1.  However, during the process, compare your child's behavior with other children in similar age during interview and assess if there are major differences.  However, don't be discouraged by that as having differences are expected and they are particularly obvious when the children are younger.

What you can do is to provide more help as parents to guide them through learning new things, try to teach them to be more independent (honestly, many parents make this mistake by giving too much help) and see if the child can make better progress in the coming months for the interviews.  If you can find a suitable kindergarten, then certainly can let the child attend.  Even not, as you live in net 34 so you can still let her try lucky draw for primary school.  The only concern I would have is if her development is indeed slow, then you need to decide if she needs to wait for a year before attending primary school.  However, learning differences will diminish as she grow older.

Good luck to you!

Ian

原帖由 ng_lam_lam 於 10-8-30 22:44 發表
Dear Ian,

你既資料真係好有用. 我有一個難題想請教, 我女兒係0812既bb, 其實己經有學校收佢2010既1月插班讀n1, 我想幫佢報其他學校係明年2011既9月讀k1, 可惜好多朋友話大部份學校唔收12月出生既超細b, 你有可見意 ...

454#
發表於 10-8-31 08:00 |只看該作者
好多謝你既意見, 我會多d同囡囡傾談, 希望佢講多d說話, 可以好好學習同人溝通, 希望d學校都比個機會佢啦!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-8-30 23:16 發表
Children should be evaluated according to their individual development, not purely based on their month of birth.  However, it is the reality that some kindergartens do access the children according t ...

455#
發表於 10-8-31 20:57 |只看該作者

Thank you!

I am interesting ESF too.
But primary fee is ok but secondary its hard to pay.
And another international also hard to pay(/-/)
So if possible i would like to entry some local english school...
But i also try N1 exam last year.
I lost most of the kindergarten....
So hard... But i will be try hard K1 exam in this year.

I will try some local english kindergarten- primary in this year.

In hong kong education system is so hard....

Thank you very much!

2010-8-30 23:08 發表
Hi kingkenta,

Besides private international schools, other options certainly include ESF.

You can check their website here:
http://www.esf.edu.hk/

Here you can also find information for non-Chinese ... [/quote]

456#
發表於 10-9-7 09:20 |只看該作者
Ian, good to see ur post here. I'm planning to change the N1 nursery for my son from Tsing Yi to Kln. since we r moving to kln. city very soon. Org. Creative the TY branch has accepted my son  but they can't transfer my son to the kln. tong one, so I need to ask the nursery one by one wether they still have vacancy this yr. Luckily, Cannan PM( Whampo),Ming Wai AM(Prince Edward)it's new and not yet started as their main campus in North Point, 基督教中心幼稚園PM(KLN.TONG). If u were me, how will you choose or any better options? I love am class, however, there's really so much unknown and uncertainties for the new campus, no history at all, seems teachers n principals are nice, just worrying wether they hv a gd network or relationship in kln. Cannan is more famous, but they only have 30% to move to K1 next yr. as they have only 30% quota n pick the gd one from N1. 基督教中心幼稚園, seems more logical, secure the seat to K1, they have long history, n no need to be a testers but PM class.
I will also try to apply K1 this yr., of cos' those famous one and the traditional one, i'll consider. I don't really mean want to push my boy to being the best but at least not the worst, since he is oct bb, there is no chance for me to apply pui ching but of cos' i'll apply for him the next yr.,I love school like this, localise n in the meanwhile I'll keep monitor wether he can catch up with the progress. K1 like 宣道,民生,創價,根德,ST.CAT i'm really interesting in, but afraid they will pick the Big b instead of small B, so I need to pick one which is not so bad for N1 in case there's no school accept him the next yr.,wt do u think?
I'm in 41 network, is there any advantage if i choose the school like kinder in kln. tong n pri in the same district?
Sorry for my sooo many Q, I have no ideas for these three kinders as I just move out except cannan, I heard the name long b4...

醒目開學勳章

457#
發表於 10-9-8 23:01 |只看該作者
Thank you very much.

醒目開學勳章

458#
發表於 10-9-10 02:21 |只看該作者
Hi magchui,

I believe the more suitable choice would be 基督教中心幼稚園 out of the three choices you have, according to your concern.  Although I have no detail knowledge of this kindergarten but seems the comments from other BK parents are generally quite good.

The benefits of attending kindergartens in Kowloon Tong for allocation are getting smaller and smaller since there are limited spaces after allocation normally so there won't be much seats left for door-knocking.

原帖由 magchui 於 10-9-7 09:20 發表
Ian, good to see ur post here. I'm planning to change the N1 nursery for my son from Tsing Yi to Kln. since we r moving to kln. city very soon. Org. Creative the TY branch has accepted my son  but the ...

459#
發表於 10-9-20 08:59 |只看該作者
hi你好~
由於年尾家裡會添多位小生命,為了方便照顧我同C6同決定將囝囝(0904)報讀N1全日制一年,到囝囝升上K1我就想同囝囝轉回心儀幼稚園讀回半日制或再考慮讀全日制~
我想請問你係MOS
我心儀的N1班只有以下依兩間幼兒學校,請問分別如何呢?邊一間師資好,富有愛心呢?或者有沒有更好意見
1.)循理會白普理循理幼兒學校
2.)基督教香港信義會頌安幼兒學校

至於我心儀的K1-K3班有以下4間幼稚園,可以幫我比較一下分別嗎?課程既深淺,師資......等等THX~
1.)合一堂單家傳紀念幼稚園
2.)崇真會美善幼稚園(馬鞍山)
3.)馬鞍山靈糧幼稚園
4.)香港中文大學校友會聯會張煊昌幼稚園
謝謝你既幫忙~
另外想問多一個問題
囝囝N1依家要開始報讀,咁收生程序是點樣???幾時要交費?係咪一話收就要交?咁幾時正式上學?
再一次謝謝你
0904~大B
1012~細B(預產期)

460#
發表於 10-9-22 00:34 |只看該作者
really thanks for your sharing, i really feel headache when selecting kindergarten for my son
‹ 上一主題|下一主題