搜索
樓主: toffeeli
go

Golf [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-1-21 16:25 |只看該作者

Re: Golf

Just a note to help:-

for a complete beginner, you may enrol your child for Junior Swing (L.1) first.  It is a 2-hour duration training at $150.  Shortgame is a 1-hour training on putting and chipping (i.e. the technique of sending the ball to the hole in near distance).   

You have to enrol for each session one by one but there is no minimum or maximum “hours” your kid needs to attend before he/she can master the skill.           

22#
發表於 05-1-21 20:06 |只看該作者

ahlai,

Thanks for your supplement. In fact, I am not able to present very well as I just got the "secondhand" details from my husband. Sometimes, I also got mixed up.

Is your child also learning golf? What's your advice?

toffeeli

23#
發表於 05-1-21 21:57 |只看該作者

Dear toffeeli,

aiya, you will be left alone by your kid and husband if you don't play !!!!!    Next time, be a 跟得媽咪and 夫人!

Kids are easier to learn golf than adults because they have "softer" skeletons than adults (same as ladies can turn their waist better than men!).

Problem with Kau Sai is the traffic.  Kai Tak also have good coaches and you can practise in the evening time (easier to access mah).  

My boy plays OK lah.   Kids always like playing. (I hope I can early retire if my boy becomes another "TIGER WOODS" mah!!!)   

24#
發表於 05-1-21 22:08 |只看該作者

Dear ahlai,

I watched a TV programme regarding Tiger Woods. In fact he did emphasize many times that his parents in particular his mother had contribute so much to bring him to his success. To be Tiger Woods mother is not easy and she is in fact outstanding. I believe I am not that devoted. My husband hope that golfing could be a part of our family activity since he loves to play golf so much. Nevertheless, my husband and I do not expect too much or looking for any particular achievement from our son. We however believe golf is a lovely game (but frankly speaking I'm not a "fever" player).

I think it is a good excuse (such that I can have my own private time) that my son does not require much from me as he is attending course. Anyhow, I would accompany him and be his caddy when he got onto course.

Nice to share with you. BTW, how old is your son and where do you usually play?

toffeeli

25#
發表於 05-1-21 23:23 |只看該作者

dear JaniceChan and CMk

Thanks for the info.

26#
發表於 05-1-22 10:27 |只看該作者

Dear toffeeli,

It is true that kids need exercise and golfing is a very good one as you can breathe some fresh air.   My boy is only 6 and he learns in Kau Sai, where another of my friend's kids started learning too.   The program is very well-structured.   

Yes, you do act as "caddy" for your boy as it is very encouraging to have the praises from his mother when playing.   

It is just a joke to become Tiger Woods. To be honest, as parents we always want our children to complete "formal" education at least first degree, rather than giving up their "childhood" for money, right?

27#
發表於 05-1-22 14:27 |只看該作者

Hi, ahlai,

How long have your son taken the course? Is he now practising in the field?

Are you a "fever" player? I got some "lady" friends and they are really "fever" players. In particular, I got a girlfriend who could spend every Sat (27 or 36 holes) & Sun (at least 18 holes) playing golf. She once got a "hole in one" and bought us two tables of big dinner using money from her prize.

toffeeli

28#
發表於 05-1-24 09:07 |只看該作者

I take him to play in China as KS has a long quere for playing.   He enjoys alot and infact strenthen his interest to continue with the Swing class.

I am not that fever anymore. As a mum,  you know how tied down we are by children.  Not that much time nowadays.

Please congratulate your friend for her hole-in-one achievement !  Some of the PGA coaches I know said they are still waiting for that to happen !

29#
發表於 05-1-24 10:38 |只看該作者

HI, ahlai,

How many holes did your son play? I suppose 18 holes may be too much for young kids.

I know there are some golf courses (not full course but only a few holes) that are charged by time.

Where in China do you often play?

toffeeli

30#
發表於 05-1-24 14:38 |只看該作者

Toffeeli,

Thanks for your information.  I find learn in Kau Sai really consume much times.  I will let my boy learn in Kai Tak first until he has good swing then try to join the field courses in Kau Sai if time is fit.

We have joined the Palm Island golf club.  So we usually play there.  They have 27 very nice holes.  The buggy (golf car) can go into the fairway.  Have you been there?

toffeeli 寫道:
MomMom,

Yes, it is so complicate that I also could not understand. My husband told me that each code represent different time slot on different date. He said if you want to book for example every Sat for a month for short game and swing then you have to look for at least 8 different codes and there is no guarantee that you can book all 8 time slots. Swing and short game are different course and involve different code. Also, the coach may not be the same each time. In fact, I also cannot fully understand how it works. Maybe I should accompany my son to go once.

BTW, which golf club in the Mainland have you joined?

toffeeli

31#
發表於 05-1-24 17:39 |只看該作者

MomMom,

Yes, it really takes a lot of time on travelling to Kau Sai.

I have been to Palm Island a few times and it is really nice. Have you brought your son to practise on course?

toffeeli

32#
發表於 05-1-24 18:20 |只看該作者

toffeeli ,

No.  My son not yet up to the standard to practise on course.  I hope he can do half year later.  How about your son?

33#
發表於 05-1-24 19:24 |只看該作者

MomMom,

My son also hasn't been on course. The day he goes on course would be the start day of my caddy life  :

toffeeli

34#
發表於 05-1-26 18:31 |只看該作者

如果去Kau Sai Chau學golf,我推薦Billy,。佢好負責,又不會掛住同D做Caddy的媽咪講

35#
發表於 05-1-26 18:35 |只看該作者

如果去Kau Sai Chau學golf,我推薦Billy,。佢好負責,又不會掛住同D做Caddy的媽咪講

36#
發表於 05-1-26 20:57 |只看該作者

cmk,

Yes, I asked my husband and he said Billy is good. He taught my son short games. But the problem is that we can't choose the coach.

toffeeli

37#
發表於 05-2-2 22:55 |只看該作者

Do you think 2 hours swing practice follows by 2 hours on-field training for a boy of 5 years old is too exhaustive?

38#
發表於 05-2-4 04:32 |只看該作者

toffeeli,

My short answer is absolutely.  It is better to do the 2 courses separately.

By the way, you can choose the coach if you take the on course training.  Last year we only chose Billy after trying the other 2 coaches.
toffeeli 寫道:
Do you think 2 hours swing practice follows by 2 hours on-field training for a boy of 5 years old is too exhaustive?

39#
發表於 05-2-6 00:18 |只看該作者

cmk,

Thanks for your advice.

toffeeli

40#
發表於 05-2-12 23:14 |只看該作者

Hi! toffeeli,

Hung Hei Fat Choy!

Just returned from Bangkok and Huahin last night.  We played golf there.  Did you and your family go somewhere to play golf?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖