用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Just been to St-Paul Co-ed (Macdonnell Rd.) intervie ...
樓主: YCPA
go

Just been to St-Paul Co-ed (Macdonnell Rd.) interview [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-10-5 14:33 |只看該作者

Re: Just been to St-Paul Co-ed (Macdonnell Rd.) interview

Hi cocopapa

小朋友在課室玩既時間,其實要睇之前有幾多小朋友未見校長.我去既時間已有7,8 groups 家長工人組合在痴痴地等!

請問你睇既報紙報導係邊張同幾時,有冇其他學校報名及收取學位可供參考?

由 cocopapa 於 2004-10-05 12:26:32

Hi 2mings,

小朋友要玩一小時,之後才和校長見面5-10分鐘.不知同時是否有很多家長在lobby等候?

我看報紙得知今年有692人報St-Paul(Macdonnell Rd),競爭56個學位.這樣進行面試,除了要全家總動員告假,跟大抽獎沒有分別.

22#
發表於 04-10-5 15:09 |只看該作者

我是看明報的,它曾報導過兩次.你可找10月2日的一份試試看,它也包括其他學校的報名情況.

23#
發表於 04-10-5 15:12 |只看該作者

Lucky you, 2mings, you can have the interview though you miss it.

If it is only 692 kids, then the competition is less keen than before.  I heard previously, it's about 14:1.

My kid only play for 15 minutes (the first one only play for less than 10 minutes because there is no one in front of her).  I think it's because we are the first group in early morning at 8:30 a.m. :

24#
發表於 04-10-6 10:48 |只看該作者

今天終於面試完畢。菘了一口氣了!面試情況如下:

在學校門口先核對文件(幫我們核對證件的那個職員面無表情。反而門口開門的嬸嬸就有笑容!)

那個面無表情的職員就帶仔仔往另外一邊的課室(我完全見不到是哪個課室和做什麼!)。而眾家長就坐在lobby sofa等,幸好我們帶了書去看解悶(也為了掩飾我的緊張心情吧!)

15分鐘後,見有個中年女人帶著仔仔步往校長室(那女人看來是老師,甚至副校長),而我見仔仔手上拿著一幅填好色的圖畫。等候期間,那老師一直拿著application form + portfolio陪著仔仔,又和仔仔談話。入校長室,5分鐘後準時出來。然後離開學校。

問仔仔做過什麼,以下是他的報告:

在課室和3-4個小朋友一起,沒有玩遊戲。老師每人派一幅圖畫填色。其間顏色筆放在桌子上,老師只提點小朋友不要“霸”顏色筆,要分享用顏色筆。填色期間,小朋友之間只是填色,沒有交談/交流。

在校長室,校長只問一些很普通的問題(比我想像中容易!)
(1)        你叫什麼名字?
(2)        你住在哪里?
(3)        你爸爸媽媽做什麼工作?
(4)        那麼你知道做他們的工作是做什麼嗎?
(5)        你媽媽星期六要上班嗎
(6)        你星期日做什麼?
(7)        你喜歡和誰遊戲?爸爸還是媽媽?
(8)        你們玩什麼?

報告完畢!

25#
發表於 04-10-6 11:24 |只看該作者

Teresa,

Yours is similar to mine except that your interview question is already a lot more complicated than mine.  Lucky you.

Mine is just : say something about your coloring. Do you have sister/brothers? How old are they? Which school are you studying?  So simple and factual that leaves no room to express the kids ability.

BTW, I think the old lady who lead the kid to Headmistress room doesn't look like a teacher.  More like a  well dressed "校工" with make-up.

I agree with you that the staff who check your document is really "面無表情".  When my kid say goodbye and thank you to her, she just squeeze out an embarassing smile.  Barely noticeable.

Anyway, do you know when they will send out the 2nd interview letter???

26#
發表於 04-10-6 11:41 |只看該作者

for my daughter, as cantonese is only her 3rd language, i don't think she expressed herself well. however, she said that none of the questions were in English. I remembered the principal said that they would speak to the child in other languages if the child was not fluent in cantonese but obviously they didnt.
anyway, she had to wait 45mins in the 'colouring room' during which she said she was asked to describe her parents. they then played games with the teacher.her interview was very short with questions like:name, address, place of birth, 1st time on an aeroplane, what happened to her knees(she had plasters), what languages she spoke.

27#
發表於 04-10-7 10:00 |只看該作者

Hi all mummy,

I got an interview time at 5pm tomr.  Anyone have this time experience, (too late).  Some mummy said that it need to wait 2 hrs, if like this, it only be finished at 7pm.  

Tks.

28#
發表於 04-10-7 12:22 |只看該作者

幾時放榜?咁難考考到,會唔會放棄统一派位入免費名校?殺到黎至想會遲!

29#
發表於 04-10-7 13:08 |只看該作者

我今朝面試完啦,係等候期間,我見到面試完的小朋友有带返張油完颜色既圖画走,但我個女就話校長叫佢留低張画,係等候期間 ? 我見到佢将隻脚摆係張櫈度,坐唔定, 我又提唔到佢 哎.....
出來問佢校長問乜,佢又話校長仅係問著佢4個問题,住边?讀边間學校?幾岁?上午班定下午班啊?
我估係因為我女係12月出世,所以費事問咁多哇?
係5分鍾,但大部份時間校長係度冩字.
有無面試完既家長分享啊?

30#
發表於 04-10-7 16:13 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

31#
發表於 04-10-7 16:23 |只看該作者

i had the interview yesterday. as far as i saw, all the children before my daughter(about 7) left the school without the colouring worksheet. I dont think it means anything.

32#
發表於 04-10-7 17:11 |只看該作者

For my daugther, her color sheet is a picture divided into parts with a number on each part. There is a very small heading called" Color by number" and each number stand for a color.

My daugther didn't notice it and just color the way she like.  Don't know if it is a "trick".   If so, it'll be too harsh and tricky.

Any similar experience?

33#
發表於 04-10-7 18:09 |只看該作者

My daughter asked me how to spell "blue" the day before. I taught her that it should be b-l-u-e. Then she told me that the teacher of St Paul's wrote "g", the teacher might write the wrong word! I said it might be.

After I read your message, YCPA, I guessed my daughter might read a number "9" instead of letter "g". Do you have the picture? Is number "9" equal to blue?

34#
發表於 04-10-7 18:20 |只看該作者

2mings
我見到好多小朋友既画都唔同喔.
2mings 寫道:
My daughter asked me how to spell "blue" the day before. I taught her that it should be b-l-u-e. Then she told me that the teacher of St Paul's wrote "g", the teacher might write the wrong word! I said it might be.

After I read your message, YCPA, I guessed my daughter might read a number "9" instead of letter "g". Do you have the picture? Is number "9" equal to blue?

35#
發表於 04-10-7 18:35 |只看該作者

I hate to know that this school asks the question"你媽媽星期六要上班嗎?" because they asked us last year and the year before " what time do you go home everyday after work?",

discrimination against working mum!

36#
發表於 04-10-7 22:06 |只看該作者

Can someone tell me the name of the principal at St Paul Co-edu(Macdonnel Road).

Thanks

37#
發表於 04-10-7 22:35 |只看該作者

saisaisai 寫道:
Can someone tell me the name of the principal at St Paul Co-edu(Macdonnel Road).

Thanks

Ms Wu Shuk Yin

38#
發表於 04-10-7 22:50 |只看該作者

In fact, they assessed  kids' English based on coloured pictures. They did similar assessment in last year.
The profile is useful. The headteacher, in fact, went through the whole profile with my kid. The profile can help the headteacher understanding the kid.

Good luck.

YCPA 寫道:
For my daugther, her color sheet is a picture divided into parts with a number on each part. There is a very small heading called" Color by number" and each number stand for a color.

My daugther didn't notice it and just color the way she like.  Don't know if it is a "trick".   If so, it'll be too harsh and tricky.

Any similar experience?

39#
發表於 04-10-7 23:30 |只看該作者

Thanks Adayeung

40#
發表於 04-10-8 00:15 |只看該作者

If colouring means a test in English, the inventor should be nothing great but only a cunning person who mistreated children's creativity...

My daughter had been interviewed yesterday.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖