用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 港大同學會/true light (HKIsl)/st.clares/St.Margar ...
樓主: beark
go

港大同學會/true light (HKIsl)/st.clares/St.Margarets co-ed Eng (KLN) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-12-5 23:53 |只看該作者
How about their secondary school? (St.Margarets co-ed Eng (KLN)

22#
發表於 08-12-6 00:32 |只看該作者
Thanks very much for all of your comments. Should the preference be as follows?

1st: St. Margaret Co-ed
2nd: HKUGA
3rd: True Light
4th: St. Clare

I would appreciate if you could provide comments on the above and I will make a quick decision. Many many thanks.

For SMC, I know most of the students could get into 2nd school as well.

Hi Monkeydad

Is your kid also studying in St. Margaret Co-ed?

Hi Mgwong,

I want my daughter to be able to understand and write chinese properly and to have some chinese traditional good character but not too traditional (very contradictory, righ?) . So I didn't choose International school at all.

SMC seems meeting my preference of new style of teaching, English environment and 1 addtional foreign language and good foundation for Chinese (as I think they should have more focus on Chinese than International school). It has students from different culture which may stimulate a kid's thinking horizon. Also, the school fee is a lot cheaper than international school.

So have you chosen HKUGA or SMC finally? Interested to talk further? How to ?pm you as I am new to this website. Thanks.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

23#
發表於 08-12-6 16:52 |只看該作者
暫時只搵到聖馬加利視學報告, 你可以睇睇: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=6276
hkuga肯定係未出的, 可能幾個月之內(上年5月完成評估), 要再等下
其他兩間就唔多覺.......有無媽咪搵到?
原帖由 beark 於 08-12-6 12:32 AM 發表
Thanks very much for all of your comments. Should the preference be as follows?

1st: St. Margaret Co-ed
2nd: HKUGA
3rd: True Light
4th: St. Clare

I would appreciate if you could provide comments on  ...

24#
發表於 08-12-6 17:18 |只看該作者
I will choose the St Clares because
it has secondary school
it is an english primary school
My colleague's daughter studies in primary and secondary school. She praised it very much in school teachers, headmistress and language development.
Small-sized education mode adopted
thanks

原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 08-12-6 16:52 發表
暫時只搵到聖馬加利視學報告, 你可以睇睇: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=6276
hkuga肯定係未出的, 可能幾個月之內(上年5月完成評估), 要再等下
其他兩間就唔多覺.......有無媽咪搵到?

25#
發表於 08-12-6 18:42 |只看該作者
beark,

Yes, my boy is in P1.

I do not have much understanding on HKUGA as it is far from where I live and I did not apply upfront.  However, I can share with you re. SMC.

SCM is a school that puts substantial resources and emphasis on raising students' language proficiency, both English and Chinese.  It has a very good English learning environment - number of NET teachers, 100% use of English as medium of instruction except in Chinese, launch of reading program.

It is a caring school not only for students but also for parents.  Load of mandatory homework is manageable, (a) not much copying and writing - just 1 page of English and 1-2 pages of Chinese per week; (b) dictation - once every 3-4 weeks in P1.  However, there are quite a number of optional homework such as on-line exercises - now have English, Chinese & PTH and GS & Maths will be followed soon etc...  This is entirely at parents' discretion on where they want their kids to be up to.  So, the kids can be as busy as in traditional school.

The school is rather emphasized on developing the reading habits of its students.  P1 students are recommended to finish reading about 40 Chinese books in 2 months time and return the record list signed by parent accordingly.  It is not a must and working parents can adjust the level of completion according to their time resources.  For English, it is recommended to finish 15 book reports in 2-3 month's time (app. one book per week) but the teacher would accept any amount above 5 - as kid at this level needs a great deal of parental guidiance on completing those reports.  The school seems looking for something qualitative rather than quantitative.

One point I recently found out is - the way SMC teaches English in P1 is for the students to learn a "language" and not a "subject".  The NET teacher encourages the students to participate in the class (theme based cirruculum)and most of the work are done during the class - no homework except reading journal and the free style high language content projects.

I have to highlight that if you are the fans of traditional education, SMC may not fit you.

26#
發表於 08-12-6 19:14 |只看該作者
Break,

I will choose St. Clare's as well.  As it is an English Primary school with English Secondary school back up.  The secondary section is a government aided school so no tuition fee is needed.  Also, it has long history.

SMC and HKUGA is relative new.  We cannot see the performance of their students in the public exam.

Please do a more detail reserach of school instead of just listening to what people said.  Good luck.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

27#
發表於 08-12-7 22:49 |只看該作者
St Clare's 同HKUGA係兩間好唔同類型既學校(其他兩間無咁清楚唔方便比較)
st clare's d 學生, 係o係校務處見到陌生人都會禮貌點頭打招呼果種(親身經驗, 我就係果個陌生人)
hkuga d 學生, o係校務處見到陌生人, 肯定唔會點頭打招呼, 因為平時對老師校長都唔係咁態度, 係哈哈哈攬埋一堆果d
你想小朋友成為知規守禮小淑女, 定係活潑好動思辯創新既小朋友, 而家就要唸清楚

28#
發表於 08-12-7 23:11 |只看該作者
Many thanks for all of your valuable comments. I have better understanding of these schools now. I need to assess which one would suit my daughter's characters and learning ability.  

Hi Monkeydad,

Thanks for your detail sharing of the school life in SMC. This has helped a lot. Thanks again.

29#
發表於 08-12-7 23:31 |只看該作者
其實樓主應收窄範圍, 先選出最可能會讀的首選&次選,  再從兩間中作決定.
講真, 你應該唔會突然把排位最後嗰間變咗首選啩!  Hope you can release the vacancies of 2 schools to the child being on waiting list.

30#
發表於 08-12-27 02:07 |只看該作者
請問你最後入咗邊間,有冇校車去港島東區?

31#
發表於 08-12-29 12:58 |只看該作者
Dear Monkeydad,

My list on hand are only Good Hope and SFA.  After I saw what you recommended here, I will also enrol SMC for my daughter.  Any further suggestion beside the above?  Can you share?

Which kindergarten your boy was?  As I will enrol K1 for my daughter next year, I would like to see if there is any good kindergarten.

Thank you so much

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-6 18:42 發表
beark,

Yes, my boy is in P1.

I do not have much understanding on HKUGA as it is far from where I live and I did not apply upfront.  However, I can share with you re. SMC.

SCM is a school that puts  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題