288#
發表於 11-8-1 21:46 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

289#
發表於 11-8-1 22:15 |只看該作者

290#
發表於 11-8-1 22:54 |只看該作者
corliss_yu , you are a very kind mother. Please do not blame yourself for not changing the school earlier. You have already make the best decision!

原帖由 corliss_yu 於 11-8-1 21:46 發表
mingmingba:
其實讀國際學校是一條好的出路,有些小朋友適合讀國際學校。
希望大家的小朋友都搵到一間合適的學校,並祝學習愉快!!!

291#
發表於 11-8-2 11:25 |只看該作者
corliss_yu ,

I truly appreciate what you've written all along.  You've raised out a very important message which all parents must be aware.  

My son just finished his P.1 in a famous traditional school.  Even he could achieve very good results after a year of hard work of him and his parents, both my husband and I are quite disappointed by the reality of education in HK nowadays.  

We found most schools, especially those famous ones, nowadays are not aiming at teaching kids.  Their job is to select the few exceptionally brilliant students, who also have very good supports and resources as well, out by extremely difficult questions which are too difficult and inappropiate for their age and developmental levels.  Some questions couldn't even be answered correctly by many adults (including those highly educated ones).  We can imagine how frustrated the kids are!

Some kids can be very advance in one subject or another.  But it's impossible that one can be well advanced in all subjects, may include sports and art/music as well.  It's also impossible that the students in a school are all genius.   

After reading through your thread, I started to realise that this doesn't only apply to those traditional famous schools, which have the pressure to keep excellent results, but in some newer DSS as well.

corliss_yu , don't worry!  Better and fresher air is in the sky of you and your son ahead, don't look back!

Yours sincerely,
PMma

原帖由 corliss_yu 於 11-8-1 21:30 發表
Ziyi: monkey 妹: fiteco:
謝謝你們~
好感動見到有家長知道我的心意。
寫這篇post,我知道一定會引起很多問題、麻煩和爭議,因為一定有很多家長不滿我唱衰學校。
做阿媽真的好辛苦,特別是做仔女成績差的阿媽。
但我仍決定 ...

292#
發表於 11-8-2 11:48 |只看該作者
樓主,祝你仔仔在新校有新開始。很多學校 / 學店講一套(愛心教學)做一套(谷成績,迫人走),騙了家長亦害了小朋友。咪當仔仔早D上人生一課,焉知非福呢。

很支持你把不快遭遇分享。讓多D家長明白一些學校是『口不對心我最勁』。你很勇敢,明知有機會被圍仍出開分享。

不反對學校谷成績,但唔該老實D話我知,我『中』埋離是願者上釣。好友兒子讀某沙田DSS,間學校一樣迫成績唔叻的人走。其selling point(多OLE,開心學習)在一般官津小都有,no value-added仲幾千銀學費。我常勸,不如轉回官津小啦,起碼水平高D和免費,留翻D錢去旅行啦。

293#
發表於 11-8-2 11:57 |只看該作者

294#
發表於 11-8-2 14:04 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 corliss_yu 於 11-8-1 21:30 發表
祝妳的兒子能在新校快樂成長。

醒目開學勳章

295#
發表於 11-8-2 15:00 |只看該作者
Corliss_yu
我剛上了去YWCA的網頁想找下水墨畫班俾囡囡
發現了YWCA有一些記憶班
http://ittko.ywca.org.hk/2011summer/011.html
分別是圖樣記憶/創意記憶

原帖由 corliss_yu 於 11-8-1 21:30 發表
Ziyi: monkey 妹: fiteco:
謝謝你們~
好感動見到有家長知道我的心意。
寫這篇post,我知道一定會引起很多問題、麻煩和爭議,因為一定有很多家長不滿我唱衰學校。
做阿媽真的好辛苦,特別是做仔女成績差的阿媽。
但我仍決定 ...

296#
發表於 11-8-2 17:03 |只看該作者

回復 291# PMma 的帖子

I totally agree with all of your points of view. I feel you are a clever mum as your child just completled P.1 with good academic results, you still could find the problems of  the famous schools. I have got the same feelings as you until my child in P.3.  My child is very disappointed with the school which  really concerns with the students'  results in academic, muscial and sports rather than their individual talent, interest and differences.  Studying in such schools, the responsibility of education rests  on parents, not school.

297#
發表於 11-8-2 17:16 |只看該作者

回復 292# piggy-ma 的帖子

agree with you.

298#
發表於 11-8-2 18:55 |只看該作者
extra369,

If you found that I might have realised the fact, esp what's happening in famous schools, quite quickly.  It may be because my husband and I both came from this kind of schools.   My son's school is in fact my husband's alma mater with which he still have very strong emotional attachment.  

As in any famous schools, there have always been some students excellent in academics, some brilliant in music and some talented in sports etc.   In our old days, we were proud to score well in open examinations and to win prizes in open competitions for our schools.  At that time, we didn't feel that our school expect all of us to be excellent in all aspects.  Every one just did their own parts with their own talents.

But nowadays, all kids in any schools, not just those famous schools, are expected to score well in academics/examinations while being sporty and artistic as if every one can be trained to become an "all-round" genius.  So kids are so tired to go to take lessons/tutorials in here and there every day.

I just wonder "who" (the Education Bureau or the schools or the parents or all of them) push us and our kids to the present situation nowadays.

In fact, I believe no one on earth, including real genius like the Nobel Prize Winners, can be excellent in all aspects.   Genius cannot be "trained".  Besides, if every one become "genius" one day, it would just mean that there is no genius.

Regards,
PMma (A mom with a young kid, who feels so sorry to see our kids being so exhausted now......)

原帖由 extra369 於 11-8-2 17:03 發表
I totally agree with all of your points of view. I feel you are a clever mum as your child just completled P.1 with good academic results, you still could find the problems of  the famous schools. I h ...

299#
發表於 11-8-2 18:59 |只看該作者

300#
發表於 11-8-2 19:32 |只看該作者
corliss_yu,

Every kid has his/her own talents and own path of life.  Academic results in primary school years can't tell much towards "successfulness" of a person later, esp for boys.   

Your son was just a bit unlucky earlier.  But he is so lucky that he has a wise mom like you.  I'm sure he is (or will be) proud of you!  

Again, don't look back!  Just believe a brighter future is ahead of you and your son!  

PMma

原帖由 corliss_yu 於 11-8-2 18:59 發表
ahhlunnn: newmommy: opyan: Pmma: piggy-ma: opyan: ngkf: extra369:
謝謝大家的祝福~
我會和阿仔努力向前。
雖然阿仔被趕出學校,但從另一角度看,樂觀D,我覺得學校就算俾囝囝讀埋佢,都唔係一件好事,因為阿仔的成績表分數 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題