教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Parents. Let's share.
樓主: H_A
go

RC Parents. Let's share. [複製鏈接]

261#
發表於 07-1-8 17:54 |只看該作者

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

hi, RC parents

It's really cold today.  I wondered, I have seen that RC's students are still wearing summer polo T-shirt (on top of the long sleeve T-shirt) this morning.  I surf RC's website but I can't find the winter uniform.  So that....they can wear what they need.  Am I right?

262#
發表於 07-1-9 13:12 |只看該作者

You can buy the long sleeve black T-shirt, PE uniform and thick coat from the school uniform shop.  I think these are their winter school uniform.

N70 寫道:
hi, RC parents

It's really cold today.  I wondered, I have seen that RC's students are still wearing summer polo T-shirt (on top of the long sleeve T-shirt) this morning.  I surf RC's website but I can't find the winter uniform.  So that....they can wear what they need.  Am I right?

263#
發表於 07-1-9 14:59 |只看該作者

sherry

Thanks  
sherry 寫道:
You can buy the long sleeve black T-shirt, PE uniform and thick coat from the school uniform shop.  I think these are their winter school uniform.

[quote]
N70 寫道:
hi, RC parents

[/quote]

264#
發表於 07-2-8 15:11 |只看該作者

I have sent an application to RC to apply year 6 for my daughter in 2007-2008.

The lady in RC said that the college will expand in the coming academic year. Do anyone know how many places in year 6 for application?

And if my daughter were accepted, is it a gurantee that there are enough places in year 7 for all the students in year 6?

One more question, is the college arranged both interview and written test for year 6 applicants? and do anyone know the detail?

Million thanks!!

265#
發表於 07-2-8 16:47 |只看該作者

symmen 寫道:
I have sent an application to RC to apply year 6 for my daughter in 2007-2008.

The lady in RC said that the college will expand in the coming academic year. Do anyone know how many places in year 6 for application?

And if my daughter were accepted, is it a gurantee that there are enough places in year 7 for all the students in year 6?

One more question, is the college arranged both interview and written test for year 6 applicants? and do anyone know the detail?

Million thanks!!

I was doing some research for my sister earlier.
I do not know about Year 6 specfically, but I know that they are expending in almost all year groups. I think they have 1 to 2 more classes for most year groups.

I only know that the written test and interview for Year 7 were conducted on 2 separate days. Do not have details though, so I would like to know more too.

266#
發表於 07-2-8 18:42 |只看該作者

(聽朋友說,關於下年 year 7)
筆試分兩部份。一部份係 comprehension,要看一篇 non-fiction 文章,一頁 A4 紙長短,再答問題。另一部份,提供一幅圖畫,學生被要求寫 creative writing,可以係 story,poem,任你寫乜都得,亦冇話要寫幾多個字,總之係自由發揮,有一頁空白的有間行的A4 紙提供。
全個筆試共 1.5 小時 ( 或係 2 小時?我唔記得)。
朋友間,聽回來有好幾個孩子都 fail,面試都冇,我地估係 creative writing 寫得唔好。
我朋友識有個女孩有得面試,孩子要單獨見 interviewer 20 分鐘,要朗讀一篇文章,再和 interviewer 閒談,之後再邀請家長進內,再一齊傾多 15 分鐘。
似乎今年難好多,舊年好似話唔駛筆試。
祝大家好運。

267#
發表於 07-2-9 09:53 |只看該作者

Naoko & nintendo,

Thanks very much for your information and I will well-prepare for the written test and interview.

nintendo,

your friends' kids are studying in local primary or international primary? What level of their English?

268#
發表於 07-2-9 13:44 |只看該作者

symmen,
我自己唔識 d 小朋友,係朋友的朋友的子女,
考到的那個,係讀緊某間沒有中學部的國際小學。
其他考唔到的,冇問讀邊間,好似都係 local school。

269#
發表於 07-2-9 17:43 |只看該作者

nintendo 寫道:
symmen,
我自己唔識 d 小朋友,係朋友的朋友的子女,
考到的那個,係讀緊某間沒有中學部的國際小學。
其他考唔到的,冇問讀邊間,好似都係 local school。

I also heard that some students studying in local schools failed the written tests when applying year 7 this year.  The test seems to be quite difficult.

270#
發表於 07-2-10 10:50 |只看該作者

I think the in-take for last year was alot easier than this year.

I believe they also want to raise the standard of the school, so they will be very selective in the interview this year..  THey also need to built up their tracked records.. after all they already has more than 1000 students..

I was told that they are reserving the Language bath section to the senior students (esp year 11) because this will be the first batch of students graduating from Year 13 IB program -- enter to University !

271#
發表於 07-2-10 11:09 |只看該作者

nintendo,

Thanks again for your information.

I have talked with the lady in RC yesterday and she said there will be one more class and about 20 more places for year 6 in the coming academic year.

Anyone know that the no. of students in one class currently?

272#
發表於 07-2-10 12:49 |只看該作者

Anyone know that the no. of students in one class currently?

I think someone said that there are are around 23-25 in one class.

273#
發表於 07-2-21 20:46 |只看該作者

Dear all,

請問RC除了學費之外有冇其他雜費要收呢

唔該晒咁多位

274#
發表於 07-2-23 15:25 |只看該作者

anyone can share?

275#
發表於 07-2-24 16:39 |只看該作者

每班學生22-24.

除學費外:

每學期$200雜費, 一年共$400

小學午餐每天$25(預訂), 臨時散餐$27, 中學訂餐$19.
餐廳有很多三明治, 沙拉/小點, 我有時候來不及弄餐盒, 給$20孩子自由發揮, 她常用$18買法式餐飽, 剩下$2放進慈善箱.

家長教師會年費$200

一人一樂器, 每週半小時, 個別上課, 每半小時$270-$300不一, 直接交給那位老師, 不經學校.

課外活動:
"red shoes"為學校舉辦的專業舞蹈班,每學期$800.
中國舞好像也收費, 忘了多少,但肯定不多.
樂團, 合唱團可能有服裝要買, 也可能穿校服, 未定.

中文書和練習本開學時都買全了, 不貴.

別的科目不用書, 一年$400雜費已包了孩子:
美術用品, 手冊, 各科練習本, 課外活動的材料等.  她上學不帶文具盒也沒關係.

買中英字典各一本, 放在學校.

THAT ALL :wink:

276#
發表於 07-2-24 17:14 |只看該作者

nanshanlu,

請問功課量多嗎? 如是G4, 小朋友大多來自LOCAL SCHOOL嗎?  我擔心如果一般RC小朋友的中文程度太高,
自己的小朋友會跟不上. 聽說中文程度只比LOCAL SCHOOL 低一年而已, 是真的嗎?  

277#
發表於 07-2-25 10:24 |只看該作者

我不知道Y4的作業量有多少.

中文教學是分流/分程度來教, 好像y3共三班, 每週四次, 每次五十分鍾的中文課, 同學們拿了文具課本便自動"分開"去三/四(我忘了, 好像是四班)個不同的課室.

最"棒"的全是中國籍(因為黑髮,有中文名), 教材比本地學校慢一個學期, 即: 現在下學期學的是本地學校上學期的材料, 每兩週背默讀默一次, 課堂口語練習較多, 在家不用寫週記/作文.

接下來的三班, 較好的也用繁體字, 裏頭有金髮外籍生, 聽說在台灣住過. 也有口語比書寫好的外籍生.

最容易的那班便用簡體字了."老外"也多

278#
發表於 07-2-26 11:05 |只看該作者

nanshanlu,

謝謝你的分享. 請問你的小朋友在讀G1嗎?可否分享G1的中文學什麼?

279#
發表於 07-2-26 18:21 |只看該作者

TINGMUM

唉呀!我小孩是Y3.

280#
發表於 07-2-26 19:27 |只看該作者

Nanshanlu,

Wow, you really know a lot about the school !
I'm also a RCHK parent, my son is in Yr 2 now.
But I don't know much about his 'standard' as I have no idea about the level of local school and I don't spend much time to follow my son's homework. I'm a working mom, haha.

But I do feel satisfied with his Chinese (maybe my expectation is really low). The fact is, I do see he has interest in Chinese. In CNY, I went to mainland China with him, he tried to read the simplified Chinese there (he's learning traditional Chinese) in school, and he kept asking me whether he's right or not. And he can easily tell which is SC which is TC. I am glad to see that he's is having interest in Chinese. Although he still only read English books now.

Ruby
‹ 上一主題|下一主題