教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Parents. Let's share.
樓主: H_A
go

RC Parents. Let's share. [複製鏈接]

241#
發表於 06-11-30 10:36 |只看該作者

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

Dear RC parents,

My son will have Y1 interview on 2 Dec (this saturday).  I would like to know do i need to prepare a profile (just like the one for 小一) and present to the interviewer?  If so, what should be included? past reports, activities certificates...etc? I'm very worry because I just know it today (very short notice) and afraid cannot be well prepared for the interview.

Does anyone can help?

242#
發表於 06-12-1 00:09 |只看該作者

Hi,

My daughter is Y3 right now, she just changed from local school.  Remember last time, when we brought my daughter at old school "hoenix", there  was only teacher to meet us, she asked us some questions regarding what she like and she is appreciated to see what your child have learning, she don't care you progress report, she would like to see what is her activities, so that, perfer to bring if he has any certificates, past reports ect..After talking with us, teacher asked me and my husband to wait a moment, she has given three story books to my daughter to read, just let her read loudly, don't be shy, even she don't know how to speak, just let her to ready, teacher doesn't mine is it correct sound.  And then, she asked her three questions and let her to write down the answer.  My daughter told me that teacher asked her one question, that was where you go in Chinese New Year.  I think you child may not the same, i have a friend, she told me that her son also study Y1 now, teacher just ask question by grouping, not only one child, so that, just encourage your child to hands up more and keep smile, believe must ok.  Good Luck to you !
;-)

243#
發表於 06-12-1 09:55 |只看該作者

rohit,

thank you v m. your comments are very valuable to me.

244#
發表於 06-12-2 10:55 |只看該作者

RC Parents,

Is the whole school using Mac? Are the children required to do all their work in a Mac?

245#
發表於 06-12-5 13:17 |只看該作者

No more RC parents here?

246#
發表於 06-12-6 15:45 |只看該作者

Laptops are only for secondary students. Both PC and Mac are fine, since the school will use softwares that are platform independent.

247#
發表於 06-12-6 17:14 |只看該作者

Thanks.

248#
發表於 06-12-7 19:42 |只看該作者

THe package offered by the school does not include the Windows software. Need to get it ourselves.. therefore, if this is included then the cost will be quite high..

I am still thinking whether or not to get it. Just wondered how many students have purchased thru the school program.
該用戶已被刪除

249#
發表於 06-12-8 01:38 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

250#
發表於 06-12-17 01:12 |只看該作者

Does anyone feel that the Chinese program at RC is below expectation for an IB school? Majority of IS (incl. non IB qualified) offer 5 Chinese lessons per week whilst RC only has 4 classes per week.

251#
發表於 06-12-21 16:27 |只看該作者

252#
發表於 06-12-27 16:09 |只看該作者

Basically no except if you enrol him into extra curricular activities that would require extra tuition/materials fee such as Taekwondo.

But recently I was surprised by the tuition fee for my son's Drums and Percussion lessons. Few months ago, we received a memo from school asking us what musical instrument would we like to enrol for our kid. I replied with Drums and Percussions (my son chose it). Few months later, we were informed by another memo saying that his Drums lesson will start and we were required to pay HK$270. Which, I thought it's the tuition or materials fee for a month or a term. But then, a week later we received another memo saying we need to pay another HK$270 for the 2nd lesson ! Then, I asked my son about the details and found that the lesson was 1:1 for half an hour, and one more strange thing is, the lesson was conducted during school hours !

Any RC parents have similar experience and questions ? Let's share.

Cheers,
Ruby
pslau 寫道:
Hi RC parents,

May I ask except the $6500 monthly tutition fee (primary school), any other mis. expenses or lesson fees should be paid each month?

Thank you.

253#
發表於 06-12-29 09:31 |只看該作者

Ruby 1219,

第一次通告已說了是個別上課, 我孩子選了drum set & cello, 回條說讓他學cello, 2nd通告要我們選上課時間, 分別是:    A:上課前或放學後.
         B:during school hours
        C:周六.
我們選了B, 每週三2:30 到3:00.

我早就覺得個別上課不可能一個月才幾百塊, 結果真的是$300半小時, 幸虧老師很好, 小孩很喜歡.

254#
發表於 06-12-30 11:38 |只看該作者

Hi Ruby1219 and nashanlu,

May I have a question?

If your kid is learning music instrument during school hours, will he/she miss something in normal schedule?  How about the other kids?  What will they do when your kid is having private lesson?

Ruby1219,
please kindly check pm, thanks.

Thanks,
chingyu

255#
發表於 06-12-30 19:42 |只看該作者

Dear chingyu,

I can accept only 30 mins absence per week.  At least I don't need to carry the instrument and spent one hour after school or on Sat.  And my child thought that the class is assigned by school, he's much more serious than other after school activities.

He's dreaming about joining the school orchestra, I told him that the cello teacher will recommend.... (ha ha! I'm a tricky mum)

happy new year

256#
發表於 06-12-31 09:14 |只看該作者

nanshanlu,
oic.... is it difficult to enter orchestra?  is it necessary to pay extra fee for joinning orchestra?

Wishing you all a Happy New Year with joy and health!

257#
發表於 06-12-31 21:28 |只看該作者

chingyu,

it's not difficult to enter orchestra because there are junior orchestra for y3 & y4 n orchestra for other grades too.....n no extra fee.

nanshanlu

258#
發表於 07-1-2 17:18 |只看該作者

nanshanlu,

You reminded me of that !
Now I recalled that I did fill in a memo like that. But I forgot what did I tick !?

Anyway, since my son also enjoys it very much, I'll let him continue.

Cheers,
Ruby
nanshanlu 寫道:
Ruby 1219,

第一次通告已說了是個別上課, 我孩子選了drum set & cello, 回條說讓他學cello, 2nd通告要我們選上課時間, 分別是:    A:上課前或放學後.
         B:during school hours
        C:周六.
我們選了B, 每週三2:30 到3:00.

我早就覺得個別上課不可能一個月才幾百塊, 結果真的是$300半小時, 幸虧老師很好, 小孩很喜歡.

259#
發表於 07-1-3 17:05 |只看該作者

260#
發表於 07-1-4 11:10 |只看該作者

pslau,

My son's case is quite different from you son's. We talk to him mostly in Cantonese now. We used to talk to him all in English when he was 1-3. But since he started K.1 in int'l school and we were sure that we will continue his education in int'l schools, we switched back to Cantonese. Cos' I think he would have enough practice of English in school, plus at home with my helper (she speaks quite good English).

Honestly, I'm not sure if you speaking English with him now is the solution. It also depends whether you are confident in your own English. And, how long does he stay in school everyday ? Are his teachers native English speakers ? How about the other channels ? such as your helper, and the environment (English reading, watching English TV/movies/cartoons, etc). All these would help him too. And, I think you can ask your son's teachers about his English proficiency, they should have a clear and fair judgement about his level.

My son now actually speaks English better than Cantonese. In fact except talking in Cantonese to me and my husband and our relatives/friends, he uses English to talk to our helper, to his teachers, he writes all in English, he reads in English and he watches only English TV/movie/cartoon. I think the environment factors are also very important.

Cheers,
Ruby
pslau 寫道:
Ruby 1219, thank you very much for your valuable information! I can have a preliminary budget for my boy's education at this stage.

I know students in RC speak fluent English, I'm quite worried that my son can't meet the standard when interview as I talk Cantonese to him at home.  Although he's in N1 at Boxhill, and he stilll has 2 yrs to improve his English, I'm quite concern his fluency....should I switch my channel to English from now on?  What language do you talk at home?  Is it hard to pass the interview?  Kindly comment.  

So sorry that I have so many questions to ask..
‹ 上一主題|下一主題