搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陸慶濤小學 06年9月入讀陸慶濤小學一年級家長請進!
樓主: Beeruma
go

06年9月入讀陸慶濤小學一年級家長請進! [複製鏈接]

201#
發表於 06-10-11 23:27 |只看該作者

Re: 06年9月入讀陸慶濤小學一年級家長請進!

I also do not have the work sheets at home.   It is good to hear that the assessement was postponed to next lesson.   Are you sure ?  

202#
發表於 06-10-12 06:57 |只看該作者

Hi all,

To my best knowledge, there would be no "test" for P.1 students this time but "assessment" only.  And the assessment would be carried out this week for our class.

But I think you could double verify it with your class teacher/ science teacher (via your kids, maybe?).

lkong2005 寫道:
I also do not have the work sheets at home.   It is good to hear that the assessement was postponed to next lesson.   Are you sure ?  

203#
發表於 06-10-13 17:36 |只看該作者

Hi all,

How would you "celebrate" the end of the 1st "Test Week" for your kids?

We shall dine out tonight.........no matter what the results will be.....

204#
發表於 06-10-13 17:44 |只看該作者

我想問下陸XX的英文老師係不係外籍老師呀?

205#
發表於 06-10-13 19:19 |只看該作者

quiz = assessment = testing, my daughter said.  Therefore NO celebration.

206#
發表於 06-10-13 22:52 |只看該作者

snoopymama 寫道:
quiz = assessment = testing, my daughter said.  Therefore NO celebration.

Oh......too bad...     

We have given our kid one night's rest.......no homework tonight...     

Regards,

207#
發表於 06-10-13 22:57 |只看該作者

wttcly 寫道:
我想問下陸XX的英文老師係不係外籍老師呀?

They got 2 外籍老師 for the whole school so for "most" of the English lessons, it is not teach by 外籍老師.   I think 1 to 2 English lessons per week is by 外籍老師 only.

Rgds

208#
發表於 06-10-14 00:22 |只看該作者

Any interests to share your experience how to help your kids on Mandarin/English ?
My son did not take any phoncis/playgroup courses for Mandarin.

1.  Help him to find some friends who speaks Mandarin only.  Arrange regular meeting between them e.g. Saturday or Sunday and play together.  This may consider as free play group.  
2.        I bought some healthy Mandarin Cartoon he is interested e.g. Blue Cat蓝 猫  ,Taiwan version of Doramon and let me watch them twice a week, one hour each time.
3.        Play with him and speak Mandarin occasionally.
4.        Let him listen to some interesting Mandarin stories in CD when he is alone/playing.
5.        Read at least two Chinese story books in Mandarin every week.

For English,  I used the same way :

1.        Help him to find/make friends with some English speaking kids e.g. foreigners or children who are studying in International schools.   Arrange regular meetings Friday/Saturday/Sunday to play together.  Also free play group.
2.        Bought DVD he likes and let him watch them every week e.g. 4 days a week, 1 hour each time e.g. Sesame Streets, Herge the Adventures of Tin Tin, Disney’s movies, Hello Kitty …..
3.        Play with him and speak English occasionally.
4.        Read at least one English story book a day.
      5.   Join the English Phonics from last July till now.

What are your experience ?

209#
發表於 06-10-14 11:20 |只看該作者

Hi lkong2005,

I am a working mother without maid.  Most of the time spend on working & "See Dr.".  Health is my first priority, I don't have time to help my kid on Mandarin/English's phonics/oral. She like watching Harry Potter, not cartoon film.  She will watch Sorcerer's stone today and already schedule to watch Chamer of secrets tomorrow.

210#
發表於 06-10-14 23:12 |只看該作者

Hi lkong2005,

For Mandarin, our kid has attended Mandarin class for about a year (since he was accepted by LHT).  But he always speaks Cantonese in class as we know.       

His Mandarin oral skill is very poor as he has not taken the chance to practice so far.  But his listening is “relatively” much better.  So he did not feel too difficult to adapt to the Chinese lesson as he said.

He has a little Taiwanese “good friend” (same age) who visits HK 2-3 times a year.  However, he is the target for practicing Cantonese for his little friend on the contrary .......so we just forget this way of practising.       
We sometimes play Mandarin CD songs (bought from his K-school before) at home and he loves them.  It also helps his listening, I think.

For English, he has joined the playgroup / phonic class for over 2 years.  But his English is still far from satisfactory from my point of view.  Anyway, through those classes, he does not afraid of speaking English.  Thus, we hope that his English would be better in future.

:-|  :-|  :-|

We did not read books (Chinese or English) to him regularly/ frequently now after moving to P-school though we understand that that it would benefit him a lot.  But it seems that there would not be enough time for him to sleep if we insist the readings everyday as he demands some playing time every night.       

I see your methods for learning Mandarin and English for your son.  They are really great.  I like your Mandarin story-telling and English speaking so much but unfortunately his parent’s Mandarin are no better than him and their English capability are limited.......so it is not be practical for our son's case.......

But I can see one very important thing for your methods to work is that your kid is highly independent as I could read from your previous messages.  So, it could save a lot of time in chasing him for doing this or that........but it is not the case for our kid........     

211#
發表於 06-10-15 23:41 |只看該作者

Beeruma,
For Mandarin/English, I prefer to let him considering them  as languages in life rather than one of the subjects in primary school.  I try my best to create the environment and let him use them in daily life.  
Therefore, making friends speaking Mandarin/English only are quite helpful.     
I will let him spending more time to read story books and/or playing with friends (Mandarin/English) rather than reviewing the school books/worksheets.
This is my personal feelings.

212#
發表於 06-10-16 20:57 |只看該作者

Hi all,

How about your kid's studying method for Eng and Chi?

Rgds

213#
發表於 06-10-16 21:07 |只看該作者

Hi Beeruma,

Reading !!!

214#
發表於 06-10-16 22:23 |只看該作者

Today the Chinese and English examination paper were returned.  For the English, it is okay.  For the Chinese paper, it is not that easy.  Students needs to know a lot of words in order to get high marks.  What is your feeling ?

215#
發表於 06-10-16 22:40 |只看該作者

Ikong2005,

My daughter got high marks in Chinese paper, but low marks in English.  Her time control is poor on English exam.

216#
發表於 06-10-16 23:19 |只看該作者

Good.  
My son likes reading English story books than Chinese.    He got average marks (I think) in Chinese.    Will let him read more Chinese story books.  

217#
發表於 06-10-17 00:54 |只看該作者

Hi lkong2005 & snoopymama,

I also think that Chinese paper is more difficult comparing with the English one.  The kids must start reading books by themselves ASAP so as to get better skills in comprehension.

My kid's English result was better than Chinese.  His Chinese is a bit below average, I think.  But still there is one little girl in his class having full marks for Chinese......I guess she probably read a lot of books in her "leisure" time.

lkong2005 寫道:
Today the Chinese and English examination paper were returned.  For the English, it is okay.  For the Chinese paper, it is not that easy.  Students needs to know a lot of words in order to get high marks.  What is your feeling ?

218#
發表於 06-10-17 01:02 |只看該作者

Hi seki,

We do feel reading books is the best way of language learning........but felt that there is less time to do so now.........

By the way, what's your feeling about the Chinese and English Internet daily reading?  Some of them are quite difficult and can't be finished (correctly) without the help of parents.  And it takes away quite some time each day of my son's story-telling or playing time.  Does the same apply to your kid?

seki 寫道:
Hi Beeruma,

Reading !!!

219#
發表於 06-10-17 11:31 |只看該作者

Dear all

About the feeling of Chinese and English Internet daily reading,  sometimes it seems very difficult for p1 student

Do you feel the english web-site is not stable, cos it always shown error / cannot be display. do you know why

220#
發表於 06-10-17 14:12 |只看該作者

HimHimMaMa 寫道:
Dear all

About the feeling of Chinese and English Internet daily reading,  sometimes it seems very difficult for p1 student

Do you feel the english web-site is not stable, cos it always shown error / cannot be display. do you know why

Hi HimHimMaMa,

So far we have not experienced any problem with the Eng website.        
....."touch wood"!   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題