搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Disney教材值唔值得買?
查看: 3591|回覆: 29
go

Disney教材值唔值得買? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-4-7 23:36 |只看該作者

Disney教材值唔值得買?

有無人用緊Disney教材?值唔值得買?用緊邊個配套?你個BB用成點?可否交流下,俾我作參考,因為我考慮緊買邊套!

2#
發表於 06-4-8 10:19 |只看該作者
Re: Disney教材值唔值得買?

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 09:52 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 06-4-8 10:51 |只看該作者

我估大部份 prefer 國際學校型式教育的家長,都唔會買這套教材。

4#
發表於 06-4-8 11:02 |只看該作者

我就有買,因為係屋企我唔會同個女講英文,但係係佢入讀國際學校之前,佢用咗呢套教材,講同聽英文完全無問題,而且老師仲話佢叻過外國人喎!

5#
發表於 06-4-9 19:09 |只看該作者

其實任何教材都只是輔助工具, 主要看使用者怎樣利用, 我個人就絕不會花這些錢了.

6#
發表於 06-4-10 00:25 |只看該作者

如果有時間同BB睇下書,芝麻街等等就唔使買,
但是一星期七日都無時間,日日電視做Baby-site...那麼就...

7#
發表於 06-4-10 12:14 |只看該作者

I bought the Singapore version Basic ABCs of Disney.  I would not say it's useless, but it works only for little babies.  My son loved to see it when he was only one and can introduced him to some basic English conversation.  I agreed with other BK moms that there are other good VCDs which can serve similar purposes, e.g. Maizy Mouse, Barney, Sesame Streets, Thomas, etc.  Disney may be too simple for kids over two.

But the most important of all is to read books to your kids and, if you want him to see the VCDs, you need to accompany and guide him and talk to him more.  VCD is only one of the tools to teach them.

8#
發表於 06-4-10 13:39 |只看該作者

Money aside, I think the disney is a creative set of material.  The story books, DVD, CDs ,talk along cards of the set require many parent's participation.  The set was developed by some professors in Harvard and Suzuki (originating the Suzuki method in violin playing).   Not only English, it fosters the child's development in music and motion.  All songs are melodious,easy listening and lyrics are in grammar english and in fact the English we are using in daily life.  Most of the visual material are done by foreign kids , not only cartoons by Mickey mouse, Donald etc.  Kids are encouraged to listen to the material and learn the accent, that's why the set does not encourage non native parents to demonstrate the set to the child in canto-English.  It is a family involvement and the training material is used only 1/2 to 1 hour per day.  You have to spend some times in the day reading with the child, and play some talk along vocabulary cards for him/her.  A foreigner will call your child (around age 2) at regular interval to see how well he or she speaks English to further train up the spoken English.  It has its strength in the all-round training and language development of the child.  This is my opinion as one of the users only(I bought it more for music training than English at the beginning).  The disadvantage is..., as many parents would agree...expensive.   You could also consider the BBC English, I heard that it is also quite good.  Whatever tools are your using, be prepared to work along with your child.  This is very important.     

9#
發表於 06-4-10 14:14 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 06-4-10 16:31 |只看該作者

值唔!

11#
發表於 06-4-10 17:27 |只看該作者

I've bought the set but my son stopped watching/reading it since he joined international kindy. I would say...esp. for kids of int'l kindy, it's not that useful as they already have a lot of exposure to English every day. And it's much more interactive.

Maybe it's useful for local school students, but I doubt whether the kids still have time to spend on it after primary school, with so many homework and revisions to do.

Ruby

12#
發表於 06-4-10 17:57 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 06-4-10 20:08 |只看該作者

It depends on how smart the kid is, and the attitude of the parents.  I had the set when my bb was few months old, when she could not join any playgroup.  The set is the tuition fee for 0 to 2.  We listened to the songs only.  She is attending playgroup of native speaker but the time for sitting down and learn the vocabs is still less.  If your kid is reaching the age for schooling, don't consider to buy it.   

14#
發表於 06-4-11 09:39 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 09:53 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 06-4-11 11:13 |只看該作者

我有個朋友買了一個full set給她個仔,但坦白說我唔覺得她個小朋友沒有任何的改變,因為好睇個家長點樣set個schedule俾他,亦要看你俾幾多時間個小朋友去睇的。

單單係睇dvd和聽歌,正如cherylmum話點解要俾那麼多錢去買呢?係很多的地方都有很多益智的兒歌可以買,亦有很多的story book去讀。我從來沒有考慮買任何類似的教材,因為我覺得價錢太高,況且你要很鼓勵個小朋友成日睇電視似的,但看來看去都是那些。

16#
發表於 06-4-11 13:48 |只看該作者

A few months' old's baby could not watch dvd.  I have mentioned that I only listen to the CDs at first.  Besides, everybody's value system is different.  I was offering some information to others and sharing my experience only, and has no intention to convince anybody to buy/love the set.  The effect on every child varies.  The purpose for everybody possessing the set might be different.  It is the parents who decide.  The love of the content and the songs is also very subjective.  We like the lyrics of the songs and content of the set also does not mean that we do not learn other things/ rhymes to confine the horizons.  The rhymes you mentioned are good and my child is learning them from school.   

17#
發表於 06-4-11 21:27 |只看該作者

我BB由11個月大開始用. BB依家15個月大. 起初我都覺得太貴, 但其實不知不覺間BB都學到好多

18#
發表於 06-4-13 10:03 |只看該作者

I don't think it's worthy to buy. If I were you, I will brig him to Eng playgroup,and buy some other interesting stories book insteads.

19#
發表於 06-4-13 15:57 |只看該作者

Learning is a dual way communication. How can a kid can learn much from some DVD. You can not expect it too much.It is really very expensive. It does'nt worth. If it is very useful and effective why HK government don't buy it. Every year HK spent Hundreds billion of HK dollars in education. If you want your kid can learn good english the most suitable way is to send them to study in international school or join some english playgroup. Some of the VCD is very cheap and good. Expensive doesn't means effective.

20#
發表於 06-4-15 20:35 |只看該作者

YuisumMum 寫道:
如果有時間同BB睇下書,芝麻街等等就唔使買,
但是一星期七日都無時間,日日電視做Baby-site...那麼就...

咁唔得閒?不如唔好....
不過我都無買, 太貴la, 我個仔都應該無興趣...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題