用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 請問有沒有家長像我一樣,要決擇女兒在銅鑼灣聖保祿學校 ...
查看: 8868|回覆: 54
go

請問有沒有家長像我一樣,要決擇女兒在銅鑼灣聖保祿學校(小學部)或瑪利曼就讀呢? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-1-6 18:15 |只看該作者

請問有沒有家長像我一樣,要決擇女兒在銅鑼灣聖保祿學校(小學部)或瑪利曼就讀呢?

本人小女現於銅鑼灣聖保祿幼稚園就讀,2007 Sept小女同時被銅鑼灣聖保祿學校(小學部)及瑪利曼小學取錄,現頭痛不知給小女就讀那一間較好。

本人欲想知道這兩所學校的校風、程度、功課量等等的資料。請各位家長給些意見.

Thank You

2#
發表於 06-1-6 18:37 |只看該作者

Re: 請問有沒有家長像我一樣,要決擇女兒在銅鑼灣聖保祿學校(小學部)或瑪利曼就讀呢?

Please refer to the following thread.

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=488399&forum=7&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=1

3#
發表於 06-1-6 18:45 |只看該作者

It was Me too, Thanks

4#
發表於 06-1-6 18:59 |只看該作者

I faced the same problem with you last year. I finally chose Marymount. So far I love this school very much. Teachers are very nice. Not many homeworks and dictations. Many channels to know more their school lifes.

5#
發表於 06-1-6 19:38 |只看該作者

honeycoby 寫道:
I faced the same problem with you last year. I finally chose Marymount. So far I love this school very much. Teachers are very nice. Not many homeworks and dictations. Many channels to know more their school lifes.

Based on your experience, it doesn't mean MMS is better than SPC. In my opinion, there is only a little difference between these 2 schools, someone may say MMS is better whereas others may say SPC is better. I think the insignificant difference is not cruical.

Should promotion to the secondary school be a consideration? I mean how easy to promote to the secondary from 2 schools. One is subsidized and another one is DSS.

6#
發表於 06-1-6 23:51 |只看該作者

HI bk2005,

In SPC, provided all subjects pass in the final exam in P.6, they will accept your child in Secondary. It's not difficult at all. However, for Marymount, since it's a government school, their requirement will be higher.

7#
發表於 06-1-7 10:03 |只看該作者

Actually, my friend's daughter entered SPC last year, and now is P.1 student. I can say, I think SPC is more difficult than Marymount in P.1 when I compare their test books and learning kids. I have no idea for higher level. I believe that SPC is more demanding because this is a private school. In academic, I may say SPC is a little bit higher than MMS in P.1. From the research, both schools' students are very good in English result.
MMS is a "active learning" school. Teachers are really very nice. One thing I am sure is that the communication with parents and teachers, is good in Marymount. We can join some activities such as parents' morning reading scheme, lunch helpers, 親子活動,etc. It let me know more about my child's  school life. I heard from my friend they have no such activities in SPC.
In promoting to secondary, around 80-85% students in MMS, whereas almost 100% in SPC because it is a private school.

8#
發表於 06-1-7 10:56 |只看該作者

聽完你咁講真係覺得SPC小學已大不如前,需然外間普遍人都係會話SPC好過MM,不過自從睇完呢幾篇討論SPC和MM後,終合個意見好似係MM好過SPC.

9#
發表於 06-1-7 11:23 |只看該作者

聼人講,MMS學生價值觀不太好,尤其中學以後.SPC相对純僕些

我也睇完呢幾篇討論,但找不到MM好過SPC的論點,請賜教

唯一是MMS与家長的connection 是多些,這點是真的,因為SPC沒有PTA

flower99 寫道:
不過自從睇完呢幾篇討論SPC和MM後,終合個意見好似係MM好過SPC.

10#
發表於 06-1-7 11:39 |只看該作者

MMS 同 SPC 邊間好的,以學術計真係難分高下. 我反而會睇MMS係一間津校,學生係計分同抽獎入讀,學生的家庭環境可以好參差,而 SPC 則是一私校,學生的家庭環境相對比較接近! 如果我果個係獨生女,我就會選 SPC, 因我唔想她有機會"群"埋的家庭比較複雜的同學家庭成員! 到高年班時一下唔覺意識著個同學的"複雜"哥哥咁就... sorry, 可能睇得電影多!

個人意見,如果家庭負擔得起,我寧可撰私校及直資學校! 津校的前途太多變數!  

11#
發表於 06-1-7 11:39 |只看該作者

As I know, SPC makes use of the students in higher class to help the lower class student, instead of asking parent's help. I think such arrangement is better as some parents just want to "get more information" during helping the students.

In addition, if your daughter does not have any problem in studying, it is unnecessary to have too much communication between the school and the parent. In fact, the teachers may not have much time to facilitate those communications. Let your daughter grows up herself in her school life. Parents have to "let go" one day.

12#
發表於 06-1-7 12:01 |只看該作者

Lucky you. My eldest girl studied in MSS and my second girl is now in SPC. Both are catholic schools and treasure catholic values very much. Girls from both schools are outspoken, have visions and without doubt made a lot of achievements, all round.

You can't be wrong, either one will be the best choice.

13#
發表於 06-1-7 12:03 |只看該作者

Actually, we all parents have different point of view in schools comment. I believe both schools are good in different way. There's no need to compare and argue. For me, I would like to know more about the school because I think a better communication between school and parents is important. I would like to know how the school cultivate a student in moral, academic, attitudes towards people...........baaaaba.....you can find more and more from the communications with teachers and students. Of course, in SPC, the method of asking higher level students help lower class is a very good way to teach both of them. I always welcome this method. As I said, different schools have their own teaching method, strategies and goals. It must have pros and cons for sure. We,as a parent, of course we have to support the school and your children. Both are very good schools. Pick either one is good anyway. It depends on what you parents want your child to be.  

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 06-1-8 15:19 |只看該作者

一間學校的好與不好,我覺得真是要親身試過才可以下評語,好像一班學生考試,雖然是同一位老師教,但為何有人考第一,有人考尾?這二位同學自然對學校有不同的評價。所以聽人說好不好,真要看是誰說!
我認識兩位媽咪的女兒都是讀St Paul幼稚園,後讀Marymount P1,她倆都是因為學費的原因選MSS. 假如兩間學校都是相同收費的,你是否容易作出選擇?

15#
發表於 06-1-8 16:51 |只看該作者

我是MSS的畢業生但並非由MPS直升的
讓我說一說MSS的生活吧

我係96年入學的
由於我是外來學生﹐英文較差
當年被編往D班,班入面一半係外來生﹐一半係直升的
直升的學生一般背景較好﹐家裡較有錢
但就絕無話睇唔起同學的情況
反而放學去食野﹐佢地唔會介意去d好平的地方食野
始終都係學生嘛...

成績方面﹐學校唔會迫得我地好緊要﹐當然-會有基本要求
但我地一般都好自動自覺﹐學校係鼓勵我地用腦而唔用死記的。有一樣野我好想讚下學校﹐就係佢地用好多活動方法黎幫我地追返英文的成績﹐我好接受﹐去到中四個年我讀左A班
據我所知﹐MPS的功課量都唔算好多﹐佢地都係用活動教學的

不過﹐MSS學生普遍係英文叻過中文好多(有d人什至搞唔清自己既母語係中文定英文﹐老師就教我地如果計數時心裡用邊種語言﹐個種就係母語了),中文程度會較差。另外就係校規寬鬆﹐好靠學生自律。

升學方面其實比想像中--易﹗
因為好多好多同學讀完中四或中五後就去海外升學(我都係)
所以學位方面其實不太緊張

16#
發表於 06-1-8 16:59 |只看該作者

對不起﹐我知道你無惡意﹐亦明白你既意思
只是﹐作為外來生的我﹐真的有點反感

其實當年入去的外來生﹐大概有40多個
我地有五班﹐A-C班的99%都係原校升
D班就50/50,E班就99%外來生
好老實講﹐MSS都算係一間幾好既學校又有小學
我地要考入去唔容易的
所以一般外來生的成績都較好﹐只是英文差一點罷了
並沒有特別壞或背景較複習的學生
好多時原校生都要我地幫助學習中文或數學

primary2006 寫道:
MMS 同 SPC 邊間好的,以學術計真係難分高下. 我反而會睇MMS係一間津校,學生係計分同抽獎入讀,學生的家庭環境可以好參差,而 SPC 則是一私校,學生的家庭環境相對比較接近! 如果我果個係獨生女,我就會選 SPC, 因我唔想她有機會"群"埋的家庭比較複雜的同學家庭成員! 到高年班時一下唔覺意識著個同學的"複雜"哥哥咁就... sorry, 可能睇得電影多!

17#
發表於 06-1-8 20:00 |只看該作者

引文:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

primary2006 寫道:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果我好似你咁幫個女選校,個女真係唔方唔壞!選校唔係比家庭背境,有錢讀SPC都唔一定係好人,唔通你想個女係睇人家境先肯做朋友,咁細個就狗眼看人低,將來點算?
呢個topic係比較兩間學校o既程度和校風,唔係學生o既家庭環境

18#
發表於 06-1-8 20:07 |只看該作者

Absolutely AGREE!

19#
發表於 06-1-8 21:35 |只看該作者

Dear primary 2006,

I note your point about the family background of girls from MSS and SPC.

You are quite right. Famous private girl schools are very few on Hong Kong side. So it is a fact that the rich and the famous like their girls to enroll in SPC. I don't find that a problem at all. Kids, they mix easily among themselves, irrespective of background. Rather, it is the parents that are problems. Adults seem difficult to get over their inferiority complex when they know their counterparts are rich and famous. I have written some very sensible articles on this thread, but some parents didn't like my articles, not because they are not interesting articles, but merely because they were written by me, one whose background is somehow disliked by some adults with inferiority complex problems. They are just moroons and I never feel offended by them.

primary2006 寫道:

20#
發表於 06-1-8 22:42 |只看該作者

在天主的眼中,衪不會看人的外表,只會看人心的所向,在祂的眼中人人是平等、沒有分別的。在學校裹是一個小社會,無論什麽的學校,必定有不同階層的家庭。所以不應以學生的家庭環境作為選取學校的因素。放且黃仁龍的爸爸亦是賣雪糕把他養大的。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題