用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 請問如想入聖芳濟(深水埗)及女小拔有可方法和準備 ...
查看: 9307|回覆: 43
go

請問如想入聖芳濟(深水埗)及女小拔有可方法和準備 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-11-5 05:43 |只看該作者

請問如想入聖芳濟(深水埗)及女小拔有可方法和準備

如果想入聖芳濟(深水埗)及女小拔在幼稚園時期準備什麼?

2#
發表於 05-11-6 02:57 |只看該作者

Re: 請問如想入聖芳濟(深水埗)及女小拔有可方法和準備

如題 thanks

3#
發表於 05-11-6 09:14 |只看該作者

For SFA, the main admission critieria is the written entrance written tests in Chinese, Maths and English  which are equavilent to P.1 level such as addition in 3 digits, simple comphrension etc followed by a short interview.

For DGJS, the main admission criteria is your family background, donation potential, parents' occupation and the kid's special talents in sports or music. Some of my friends even borrow the mid-level addresses and asked some influential persons such as JPs. legislative conuncillers to write reference. This year's interview questions were just several simple questions such as What's your name? Where do you live? So, I just believe the DGJS interview is merely a formality and can hardly distinguish the outstanding child.  

Apart from school result, I have prepared my K.3 child with the following open public qualifications which I think may be useful in entering the prestious schools.

English Speech and Drama High Honour Certificate;
Royal Schools of Music Grade 2 Violin Distinction;
Hong Kong School Music Festival 2005 Violin Merit Certificate;
50 metre swimming certificate &
IQ Test Report.

For IQ test report, I know many schools do not prefer the gifted child because most of them are naughty. So I don't know it is useful or not though I've spent several thousands on the assessment.

I think you should train your kid right from K.1 in music/sport and K.2 in preparing various English tests such as LCM, Drama and Speech, trinity College Spoken English,etc and entering Royal School of Music exam and school music festival competition.

With an excellent academic, sports, music and English profile, I think the last one is the interview
technique.

Maybe someone can share your winning strategy in entering DGJS though I don't have a daughter.  

:  :

4#
發表於 05-11-6 10:00 |只看該作者

From my experience for SFA paper test, it should be mixed addition and subtraction for 3 numbers(Not 3 digits no.). The no. will not bigger than 19...

5#
發表於 05-11-6 10:11 |只看該作者

Sorry, 收錯料. In fact, my son had given up both SFA and TSL 2nd int yesterday.  

LeeHoMa 寫道:

From my experience for SFA paper test, it should be mixed addition and subtraction for 3 numbers(Not 3 digits no.). The no. will not bigger than 19...

6#
發表於 05-11-6 10:17 |只看該作者

judy001,

妳個小朋友文武雙全, 肯定間間學校搶住收了   

遲d記得上來bk報告一下妳仔仔考小學的"戰績", 以便日後各媽媽可以有先例可循, 積極"備戰"嘛   

7#
發表於 05-11-6 10:37 |只看該作者

其實我心儀祇得St. Paul Co-ed, 次選是新小拔,St. Paul 己second-in

8#
發表於 05-11-6 21:13 |只看該作者

Judy,

小提琴d冷們樂器己漸少人學,為何你揀小提琴俾貴公子學,有何高見?

9#
發表於 05-11-7 10:13 |只看該作者

judy001 寫道:
For SFA, the main admission critieria is the written entrance written tests in Chinese, Maths and English  which are equavilent to P.1 level such as addition in 3 digits, simple comphrension etc followed by a short interview.

For DGJS, the main admission criteria is your family background, donation potential, parents' occupation and the kid's special talents in sports or music. Some of my friends even borrow the mid-level addresses and asked some influential persons such as JPs. legislative conuncillers to write reference. This year's interview questions were just several simple questions such as What's your name? Where do you live? So, I just believe the DGJS interview is merely a formality and can hardly distinguish the outstanding child.  

Apart from school result, I have prepared my K.3 child with the following open public qualifications which I think may be useful in entering the prestious schools.

English Speech and Drama High Honour Certificate;
Royal Schools of Music Grade 2 Violin Distinction;
Hong Kong School Music Festival 2005 Violin Merit Certificate;
50 metre swimming certificate &
IQ Test Report.

For IQ test report, I know many schools do not prefer the gifted child because most of them are naughty. So I don't know it is useful or not though I've spent several thousands on the assessment.

I think you should train your kid right from K.1 in music/sport and K.2 in preparing various English tests such as LCM, Drama and Speech, trinity College Spoken English,etc and entering Royal School of Music exam and school music festival competition.

With an excellent academic, sports, music and English profile, I think the last one is the interview
technique.

Maybe someone can share your winning strategy in entering DGJS though I don't have a daughter.  

:  :

點搞呀    你有冇諗過校長收你知前會點諗  

" 收左佢會唔會操到吐血而死賴落學校到咖      "

真惜小朋友既童年呀    名校唔係父母

10#
發表於 05-11-7 19:10 |只看該作者

St.bintai,

You may be a little bit overreacted and misunderstanding.

In fact,my son enjoys learning violin & swimming much. For English drama, my son enjoyed it much too since what he may just think about playing instead of learning. What's more, he is self-confident and outspoken after joining drama. If he doesn't like violin, how can he obtain distinction for just learning two years' violin.

So how come pressue on him! To me, he really has a balanced life besides his academic studies. I think the exam and competition are just by-products and a way to boost his confidence.

Do you think that swimming and learning music are unwealthy to a child?

Of course, every child is different.

11#
發表於 05-11-7 19:36 |只看該作者

方法:
1) 有錢
2) 有錢
3) 有錢

訓練一個出色的小孩就要放入很多資源, Swimming plus all kinds of sport, Drawing, Phonics, Cambridge Cert......etc.很多人可以分享, 全無錢 IMPOSSIBLE.

如能 Denoate several hundred thousand dollars, you don't have to worry.

入聖芳濟?? did you see the comment from other parents? how terrible the exam (interview) is    you want to your kid experience this

入女小拔?? you have to modify your kid look like a DGS girl   beside your background and the skill set your kid may have, it is depend on your kid LOOK.  The interview is simple, SCAN.....
  DONE...finish the interview...you may go now and wait for a parcel (result) before Christmas.

Try to find one which is suitable for your kid.
[img align=left]http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/autobus.gif[/img][/quote]

12#
發表於 05-11-7 22:49 |只看該作者

Dear judy001,
I do envy you have a smart child, mine is a 鼻涕虫

But if one day your son doesn't want to learn violin ,swimming & English drama, you really let him to quit all these?
8-)

13#
發表於 05-11-7 23:18 |只看該作者

Of course, I would let him quit all these cos. all these are not important at all. His interest is always the most important consideration of all. I am not really a kind of pushing parent as you may otherwise think. But I don't mind spend one thousand per hour to let him learning violin if he likes.  

Before I let him quit these interests, I would find out the crux of the problems: Teacher? Learning Environment? His Peers? Myself? However, I would definitely develop his other interests in one area such as try to use fencing to replace swimming, piano replacing violin etc until oneday he can find his real interest.

14#
發表於 05-11-7 23:46 |只看該作者

我想judy001都係想分享佢點預備小朋友考小學啫,各人有各人既想法,在短短分享裏大家未必知道人地小朋友點諗,可能小朋友好enjoy。

我囝囝都係呢一類小朋友,佢喜歡學習,佢自己覺得學多啲嘢會叻啲,但遇到困難佢會喊,有名喊包,但係喊完佢會繼續練習。咁多嗰interview佢最令我impressive係佢考完TSL 1st interview,佢係班房出來落樓梯時同我講,我一定有second in,我問佢點解,佢話我好好囉,咩都好囉。

好似我囝以前(4yrs)學游水,成日喊,仲同我講好辛苦,唔想學,但我同佢講點都要試,多啲鼓勵,佢而家已經識游蛙式25m,同埋學緊自由式。仲話好鍾意游水。如果當初我俾佢放棄,點會有今日既成果。(我唔係想佢參賽,而係想佢身體健康,所以唔俾佢放棄,好似好殘忍,而家我既目標已經達到。)

小朋友的自信心係要由小培養,每個小朋友係成長階段都會遇到困難,家長點去教導小朋友,用高壓政策定係鼓勵讚賞定係由得佢逃避,都會培養出不同的小朋友。

另外想講大家既然選擇玩呢個殘酷遊戲,自然要做好準備。我覺得小朋友interview喊,家長要付最大既責任。你考之前應該清楚每間學校佢地既要求,亦應該清楚自己子女的能力,唔係盲目人考我又考。就好似要軍隊去打仗,又唔俾裝備或子彈啲士兵,咪即係叫佢地去送死。

打咁長文章,係想同大家分享教仔心得,不過教仔呢樣野,各師各法,你啱既未必啱我,唔啱聽都唔好我,希望大家一齊努力。  
cathy

15#
發表於 05-11-8 00:46 |只看該作者

Re: 請問如想入聖芳濟(深水

[quote]
Cathyneo 寫道:
我想judy001都係想分享佢點預備小朋友考小學

16#
發表於 05-11-8 08:46 |只看該作者

非常同意,這個階段對他們非常重要,大家要好好努力。
Cathyneo 寫道:

我囝囝都係呢一類小朋友,佢喜歡學習,佢自己覺得學多啲嘢會叻啲,但遇到困難佢會喊,有名喊包,但係喊完佢會繼續練習。咁多嗰interview佢最令我impressive係佢考完TSL 1st interview,佢係班房出來落樓梯時同我講,我一定有second in,我問佢點解,佢話我好好囉,咩都好囉。

好似我囝以前(4yrs)學游水,成日喊,仲同我講好辛苦,唔想學,但我同佢講點都要試,多啲鼓勵,佢而家已經識游蛙式25m,同埋學緊自由式。仲話好鍾意游水。如果當初我俾佢放棄,點會有今日既成果。(我唔係想佢參賽,而係想佢身體健康,所以唔俾佢放棄,好似好殘忍,而家我既目標已經達到。)

另外想講大家既然選擇玩呢個殘酷遊戲,自然要做好準備。我覺得小朋友interview喊,家長要付最大既責任。你考之前應該清楚每間學校佢地既要求,亦應該清楚自己子女的能力,唔係盲目人考我又考。就好似要軍隊去打仗,又唔俾裝備或子彈啲士兵,咪即係叫佢地去送死。

cathy

17#
發表於 05-11-8 08:47 |只看該作者

如能 Denoate several hundred thousand dollars, you don't have to worry.

未必。以己度人唔係咁好。

18#
發表於 05-11-8 19:47 |只看該作者

Agree!

Cathyneo 寫道:

cathy

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

19#
發表於 05-11-9 13:02 |只看該作者

Agree with Cathyneo & judy001.
我都俾個女去學好多野, 有彈琴有普通話有體操有溜冰有英文有游水, 我個女好鐘意學野, 有次見到電視講小朋友做大戲,我個女既first reaction係雙眼發光咁問我"我地幾時去學呀?"
佢都成日想話學小提琴架, 我驚佢無耐性未俾佢試之嘛
我唔覺去課外活動有幾辛苦, 因為根本呢d就係佢去見朋友, 去social gathering既時間, 唔通小朋友坐o係屋企, 對住工人對住電視, 至叫relax咩?
有d活動係我要佢學既eg學識游水係我既基本要求, 我又唔係aim at次次swimming gala都有獎lor, 我覺得我出發點無問題呀
同埋, 贊成judy001所講, 小朋友如果有talent有興趣, 至可以學得成事(所以如何根本無試過又點知?), 我個女雖然無咩特別才藝, 但學普通話只不過半年(初時只係唸住操fit d去in小一, 學到11,12月就算架喇), 點知我個女鬼咁鐘意唸唐詩, 係好鐘意, 次次拎隻cd出黎, 佢已經打開定本書睇, 我都好surprise以佢咁坐唔定, 竟然鐘意呢d野, 普通話老師都成日贊佢學得好, 黎梗月尾個女會去朗誦節, 老師對佢好有信心, 話幾十個學生入面, 佢學得最好, 對佢期望好高
希望真係有好成績啦....

20#
發表於 05-11-9 13:53 |只看該作者

Re: 請問如想入聖芳濟(深水

Dear Charlotte_mom,

你個女好叻呀,我個女在香兒學了一年我都唔覺得佢有乜進步,唔知介唔介意話俾我知你個女
‹ 上一主題|下一主題