密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ISF 弘立書院
查看: 23383|回覆: 90
go

ISF 弘立書院 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-1-11 15:57 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問ISF (弘立書院) 好唔好呀? 我睇佢WEB-SITE, 佢英普教學, 又行IB課程, any comments for this school???
   0    0    0    0
Kannes Yeah!!! :-D

2#
發表於 08-1-11 16:03 |只看該作者
原文章由 kannes 於 08-1-11 15:57 發表
請問ISF (弘立書院) 好唔好呀? 我睇佢WEB-SITE, 佢英普教學, 又行IB課程, any comments for this school???

本人十分十分喜歡, 不過好可惜afford唔起, 對我嚟講實在太貴啦

3#
發表於 08-1-11 16:54 |只看該作者
原文章由 babyoush 於 08-1-11 16:03 發表
本人十分十分喜歡, 不過好可惜afford唔起, 對我嚟講實在太貴啦

It is now very difficult to get in even if you have the money.  Grade one admission rate is below 1 to 7.

My friend's boss moved from Kowloon Tong to Cyber Port last year.  She bought a flat there believing that she could get her son into ISF without difficult.  Her son failed.   But, she earns over 10 million from her Cyber Port flat.

4#
發表於 08-1-14 23:18 |只看該作者
My girl has applied for ISF, has anyone got accepted for 2008 Yr 1 or foundation year ?

Mixed comments from friends & moms.  Some like it alot, some don't.  I like it because I believe taking HKCEE is not useful to my children.  IB program is not a threat to me.  And I prefer bilingual education, which ISF can offer.  I don't mind if they are very new & the admin is really lousy (that's what I heard & experienced !)  afterall, the children should try to explore the real world where poor administration is common place.

[ 本文章最後由 ettawong 於 08-1-14 23:19 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-1-17 11:25 |只看該作者
原文章由 ettawong 於 08-1-14 23:18 發表
My girl has applied for ISF, has anyone got accepted for 2008 Yr 1 or foundation year ?

Mixed comments from friends & moms.  Some like it alot, some don't...

I heard about one failed case and one successful case.  The boy who got an offer has an elder sister who is already there.  What about your girl's application?  Any luck?

6#
發表於 08-1-17 12:07 |只看該作者

回覆 #5 tingtingting 的文章

Can any comment on this school be given by parents of the existing students?

7#
發表於 08-1-17 12:28 |只看該作者
One of my friend's daughter is studying in p.1 there.  Surprising, a lot of homework and a lot of parents meetings.  3 per week, every morning.  

My friend needs to hire a home teacher to teacher her child everyday.

8#
發表於 08-1-17 12:44 |只看該作者

Reply to mrsho's

I'm not a P1 parent but a P3 one.

But for P3 cases (should be heavier than P1), the homework is reasonable, if not light!

Tutorial class is not needed unless the parents are too busy to help the kids when necessary.

Regarding parents' meeting, most of them are information sharing and update and I can't recall a 3 per week schedule for P3.  Maybe for P1 only!  

For the meetings I have attended, the parents are keen to share with each others and I myself really enjoy them!
:-D :-D :-D :-D

9#
發表於 08-1-17 13:22 |只看該作者
Yes, you are right.  According to my friend, after they moved into the cyber port.  They changed a lot at the policy in order to bring up the level of the students.

The reason why she told me since I was also planning to let my kids to study BEFORE but she knows very well my situation so she asked me to think about it by telling me the case.

原文章由 502 於 08-1-17 12:44 發表
I'm not a P1 parent but a P3 one.

But for P3 cases (should be heavier than P1), the homework is reasonable, if not light!

Tutorial class is not needed unless the parents are too busy to help the kid ...

10#
發表於 08-1-17 13:51 |只看該作者
My kid switched from another IS to ISF last Sept and so far we are very happy with the school. He is in Grade 2 and his homework is mostly less than one hour if not less than 10 minutes. From my observation, most of the homework for P2 is on Chinese and maths. At Grade 2, if the mandarin or chinese standard of a kid is not at par with his/her peers, he/she might need to spend more time or require extra assistance. The school also encourages kids to read everyday and someone might regard this also as a "homework".

As to Admin, they have just moved to a much larger campus at Cyberport and it is understandable that it takes sometime to perfect the admin or school policy after this physical change with the substantially increased teacher/student population.

I share 502's view that the parents' meetings are mostly information sharing and attendance is entirely voluntary. I actually think very few schools are so open in sharing their teaching method and policy. I think parents who are interested in their kids' education would welcome these opportunities to know more about the teaching/learning/related topics of interests.

11#
發表於 08-1-17 14:18 |只看該作者

回覆 #10 ngmom 的文章

I would have a parent meeting (2nd stage of assessment/interview) next week for the Foundation Year 08/09.  Could ngmom share with me the experience, if you have attended the parent meeting, last year.

12#
發表於 08-1-17 14:37 |只看該作者
raymun,
我上星期五做左parent interview啦. 都係傾下計, 問下點解會choose 弘立呀. 無乜特別呀.

13#
發表於 08-1-17 15:12 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 08-1-17 15:23 |只看該作者

回覆 #5 tingtingting 的文章

We had a parent interview this monday.  Simple questions, friendly atmosphere.  Not yet received a confirmation.....

Yes, I also heard they are pushing a bit harder on academics this year, after moving to the new campus.   I think ISF is positioned between local school & international school.   If it is as loose as other IS, it is not easy to get the children excel in two languages at the same time.

15#
發表於 08-1-17 15:32 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 08-1-17 15:47 |只看該作者
I can say that the compulsory wearing of a cap is a non-sense policy and hope that it is not true.

The above is true but I would not account it as an non-sense policy.

Per my understanding, similar policy is in place in some other ISs.  The aim is to protect the kids from being burnt under the sun while having out-door activities.  

My kids' sport coaches also have similar strict rules in place.  

Please be sensible before making a sharp comment!
:-D :-D :-D :-D

17#
發表於 08-1-17 16:04 |只看該作者

上次簡介會, 我見P.3 小朋友的英文都唔錯呀. 你小朋友而家P3, 佢英文同普通話係唔係都handle 到呀?

原文章由 502 於 08-1-17 15:47 發表
I can say that the compulsory wearing of a cap is a non-sense policy and hope that it is not true.

The above is true but I would not account it as an non-sense policy.

Per m ...

18#
發表於 08-1-17 16:06 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 08-1-17 16:31 |只看該作者
As for 2nd round interview, my GUESS is that it is somewhat a process to identify those parents who do not really share ISF's philosophy (e.g. those who keep on asking why there is no test/exam, why the students are not ranked, why the students are given only three math questions a day, why the students should wear a cap under the sun, etc.)

As for parents' meetings, probably mrsho was talking about those meetings organised by the class mom reps. Some mom reps. have more to share than others and are more keen to see each other.
Attend those meetings if you like them; ignore them if you don't (I can't recall when the last time I attended those meetings was).

At ISF, homework load is probably heavier than that in say ESF or HKIS. After all, ISF aims high. But it never takes my girl more than an hour to finish her homework if she is in the right mood (Luckily she is in the right mood most of the time. But she also has her bad days. Her record is - writing 6 words in 40 mins). Some homework may take more time to finish but they are no jabberwocky. In math, for an example, my girl got this question last year - Student A has twice as much pocket money as student B. A and B each spends $10 on food. After that, A has three times as much as B does. How much does A and B respectively has before they spend their money on food? It took my girl no less than 15 mins to work on the question. I can imagine that she would need at least an hour if she got a few more questions like that. Is it heavy homework load? I don't think so. I guess I would get frustrated if my girl has to do 24/6=? type of questions repeatedly but I love this non-jabberwocky type of questions. Bring them on.

As for wearing cap outdoors, yes there is such a policy. I can live with it. No big deal.  It is no more nonsense than the rule that boys should wear white socks. By the way, for your information, quite a number of Aussie schools and Scandinavian schools make it a rule that all students wear long-sleeves and put on caps and sunglasses when they are outdoors. I will not be surprised if other schools like GSIS follows suit.

I am not going to argue against people's belief that a student cannot excel in more than one language. After all, not all people are equally well informed and people are entitled to their belief. My girl and I and our fellow students and parents are enjoying the benefits of high quality liberal education in a truly bilingual setting and we are happy. Period.

[ 本文章最後由 warrrren 於 08-1-17 17:50 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 08-1-17 17:36 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題