密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 07-08 陳守仁 Primary One 討論區
查看: 21461|回覆: 177
go

07-08 陳守仁 Primary One 討論區 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-7-14 22:04 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
After today’s orientation, we need to prepare our kids for September. I have a few questions:

Which third language, Japanese or French, will you choose for your kid?

Which school uniform company will you choose?

Where will you buy the textbooks?

Pls share!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-7-14 23:25 |只看該作者
Hello S.Potato,

- I wl choose Japaness as i think it wl be more interesting

- initially i wl choose Chan Ping Kee, how about you?

- I wl go to "wai fat"

keep in touch:)

3#
發表於 07-7-14 23:45 |只看該作者
我會幫我的女兒揀日文,其一是因爲是她的選擇,其二是法文跟英文較接近,怕她會mix up
我都會揀陳炳記,好像是cheapest, 但好像沒有Cardigan的資料,是否欠奉?
今天覺得這裏的語言環境非常好,不是掛羊頭,全體老師們都是說英語,非常難得。又今天見到有外籍女孩,不知是否讀P1or P2?
Anyway,希望女兒在陳守仁讀得開開心心!

4#
發表於 07-7-15 00:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 S.Potato 於 07-7-14 23:45 發表
我會幫我的女兒揀日文,其一是因爲是她的選擇,其二是法文跟英文較接近,怕她會mix up。
我都會揀陳炳記,好像是cheapest, 但好像沒有Cardigan的資料,是否欠奉?
今天覺得這裏的語言環境非常好,不是掛 ...

Hi 各位:
-我亦會考慮在陳炳記,看完今天展示的質地,也没有很大的分別,亦很近我們,很想知道上一年家長的評語,因他們是用者,很了解質地上差別。
-我會選法文,較多地方可用到的原因。
-關於書,我會在就近的地方,很多有9折,加合相差80元。
hopes ours kid will enjoy their school life in   the coming year.

5#
發表於 07-7-15 00:25 |只看該作者
原文章由 manlili 於 07-7-15 00:08 發表

Hi 各位:
-我亦會考慮在陳炳記,看完今天展示的質地,也没有很大的分別,亦很近我們,很想知道上一年家長的評語,因他們是用者,很了解質地上差別。
-我會選法文,較多地方可用到的原因。
-關於書, ...

manlili,

We bought school uniform at Chan Bing Kee last year.
Prices are reasonable and quality is acceptable.
We only expect the uniform to last for just 1-2 years so you do not need to buy over-size (too large size) for the kids and the right size  will fit them better.
When the price is not so expensive, you can buy the new ones when the kids grow taller rather quickly and also the white uniform will become "grey" very soon.

6#
發表於 07-7-15 01:02 |只看該作者
Hi

請問你們會在哪裡買紅色書包?

7#
發表於 07-7-15 01:42 |只看該作者
原文章由 lg0402 於 07-7-15 01:02 發表
Hi

請問你們會在哪裡買紅色書包?

I bought it from SPI, 3 years ago, still in a good shape.
I think u can buy text books from school. There will be one day for u to go back and buy, right?
I agree Japanese is more interesting and useful in daily life. I always wish I could read Japanese.

8#
發表於 07-7-15 10:52 |只看該作者
THanks for all the replies.
Any comments from existing parents concerning the third language as we have to make the decision by 18 Jul.

As for textbooks, the circular says Waifat will give a 17% discount to TSL's parents. I think I will go today.

9#
發表於 07-7-15 11:10 |只看該作者
S.Potato,

I think this choice is really individual preference.
There is no absolute right or wrong.

It seems that you have made an initial choice.

But one thing to share with you is that in our case, I do not see my kid mix up English and French too much.

Hope this helps.

原文章由 S.Potato 於 07-7-15 10:52 發表
THanks for all the replies.
Any comments from existing parents concerning the third language as we have to make the decision by 18 Jul.

As for textbooks, the circular says Waifat will give a ...

[ 本文章最後由 principal 於 07-7-16 09:30 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 07-7-15 12:34 |只看該作者
Dear Principle,
You are so kind and such a good advisor that give "the
new comer"  quick response and good advice.  
Thanks!!!!!

11#
發表於 07-7-15 19:21 |只看該作者
Thanks Principal
Actually, I prefer French to Japanese as it is more widely used but after returning from Japan, my daughter insists on Japanese. Can you share with us your kid's experience of learning French as I am sure many TSL's parents will find it useful

原文章由 principal 於 07-7-15 11:10 發表
S.Potato,

I think this choice is really individual preference.
There is no absolute right or wrong.

It seems that you have made an initial choice.

But one thing to share with you is tha ...

12#
發表於 07-7-15 19:23 |只看該作者
I went to Waifat this pm and the man said the books would not arrive until this Wed or Thu so we don't need to hurry. He also said we can get a 17% discount if we can show our TSL booklist.

13#
發表於 07-7-15 20:30 |只看該作者
原文章由 S.Potato 於 07-7-15 19:21 發表
Thanks Principal
Actually, I prefer French to Japanese as it is more widely used but after returning from Japan, my daughter insists on Japanese. Can you share with us your kid's experience of l ...

S.Potato,

I know this is not an easy choice when the parent and the kid have different preference.

I am a bit lucky because French was both my kid's and my choice so we did not struggle too much on the decision last year.

As I mentioned before, I do have a personal bias that when a girl speaks French, it sound beautiful so I willl naturally support her decision.

My kid enjoys learning French so far and sometimes she will play the French-learning exercises on the school web site.

To be honest, there are no French-speaking nor Japanese-speaking envirnoment at home.
But the kids can practise French/Japanese with their French or Japanese schoolmates in school.

You still have a few days to make the final decision.
Do consult with your daughter and make the choice.

[ 本文章最後由 principal 於 07-7-16 09:28 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 07-7-16 00:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 principal 於 07-7-15 20:30 發表

S.Potatao,

I know this is not an easy choice when the parent and the kid have different preference.

I am a bit lucky because French was both my kid's and my choice so we ...

principal:
Thanks your reply. Since i am focus TSL, till my girl got a
place from the school, you are just keep on and keep on to give me those useful advise , even a small piece of  question about how to pick up  the school uniform provided co, tell you what, you're really like a"STAR" shining and show us the ways. cheers

15#
發表於 07-7-16 19:31 |只看該作者
原文章由 manlili 於 07-7-16 00:05 發表

principal:
Thanks your reply. Since i am focus TSL, till my girl got a
place from the school, you are just keep on and keep on to give me those useful advise , even a small piece of  questio ...

manlili,

Don't mention it.
That is what this TSL chatroom is for.
We can exchange information and our views on the school life at TSL 
and get improvement over time.

I feel good if my information can help the new TSL parents as other TSL parents of senior grades always give me very valuable information
about the school all the time.

We are on the same (TSL) boat now.

[ 本文章最後由 principal 於 07-7-16 19:39 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 07-7-16 20:05 |只看該作者
Hi 大家好!

我的囝囝也是今年的一年級生,多多指教!

請問書包係咪一定要鮮紅色? 可唔可以係棗紅色?

17#
發表於 07-7-16 20:20 |只看該作者
原文章由 Jessicajhg 於 07-7-16 20:05 發表
Hi 大家好!

我的囝囝也是今年的一年級生,多多指教!

請問書包係咪一定要鮮紅色? 可唔可以係棗紅色?

Jessicajhg,

School bag in carmine red or dark red colour should be fine.

[ 本文章最後由 principal 於 07-7-17 09:40 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 07-7-16 23:28 |只看該作者
Dear all,

Congratulations to all your kids!

My son will study K.1 in Sept and I'm now planning for his primary. TSL is my first priority as my supervisor's son also graduated from TSL and he strongly recommend this school for the less study stress and real english environment.

Frankly, even my maid, all of us mainly speak cantonese at home. He understand Cantonese very well and now the whole family is trying to teach him more English in the daily life. My son is now studying N.1 whole day class in Kowloon Ling Leung Chruch KG and will study AM K.1 in the next sem.

Would any of you share your experience on
1) how to get your kids into TSL?
2) whether you've done sth special to train up your kids?

THANKS

19#
發表於 07-7-17 06:56 |只看該作者

Impression of the school orientations

1) Good English environment though all the teachers are Chinese teachers
2)Polite and helpful kids
3) Teachers are willing to communicate and to answer questions, students helpers are very helpful to me as I brought my younger kid there,
4) The orientation appeared not well-prepared as the PPT was not clearly seen and I suppose not all the parents are clear of the messages they sent out at the stage.
5) Good to have some multi-cultural environments,m yet the curricumlum and extra activiities appeared to be not very multicultural, quite mainstream, e.g. mainly English and Chinese. Some Japanese and French, yet only interest class
6) The activiites sound like very Chinese oriented, e.g. Chinese new year celebration, do they have Indian festival celebration? Japanese new year celebration or Korean new year celebrations? These are the questions in my mind, need further explorations.
7) Sounded good to have music and language focus. Good to hear presentations from Japanese and French teachers

Any parents who have kids in the school for few years comment on my impressions?

20#
發表於 07-7-17 07:07 |只看該作者
what I did in the past years in raising my son:

1) motivate his reading of story books, both Chinese and English , read stories every night and bring him to the library, he love to go to libraries

2) Motivate his interest in music, join music play group, very helpful to him.

3) He was not a very outspoken child during all the admission interviews, I was a bit worry when compared with other outspoken girls in his kinder class, yet he was accepted this time, I feel lucky for that. I think the school accept him because he is a able to speak simple English and a musch lover when presenting himself, though he was sure not a very articulated child, yet he was still confident when talking about his interest in music and stories.

4) I have tried two sessions of preparation classes, not good for the kids to express naturally before interviewers, so I immediately withdraw from the classes. I highly recommend people or my friends not to join these classes.

Hope these information be useful
‹ 上一主題|下一主題