教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St.Paul Boys vs Ying Wa
查看: 30666|回覆: 109
go

St.Paul Boys vs Ying Wa [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-11-29 17:47 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
1)  St.Paul Boys vs Ying Wa
很需要各位的意見, 請給comment, 謝謝 !!
2)  St.Paul Boys 現在的 banding 應巳反映了轉了直資之後, 小學生直昇上中學的表現.  但英華轉了直資之後的小學生直昇上中學的仍未到中五, 是否現在的banding 仍未反映轉了直資之後的成績呢 ? 各位, 這方面, any comment ?
   5    0    0    0

110#
發表於 11-12-26 17:51 |只看該作者
No, in theory, you can register at as many 直資 as you like (not like the schools given by government's systems in the first round, or some of the private schools). But, as other parents in other threads said, please make the decision asap because a lot of anxious parents like me would be waiting.

109#
發表於 11-12-25 18:59 |只看該作者
有幸英華有 2nd in, 開始要面對問題.  各位, 是否不可以註冊兩間直資的呢??
即是若有幸英華取錄了, 一註冊英華, 就代表放棄之前巳註冊的直資呢 ??
若是的話, 即英華公佈結果前, 一定要作出決擇 !!??

108#
發表於 11-12-23 01:47 |只看該作者
我諗每間學校design個interview模式時都係集中係想揀d咩學生,有d想要學術型既就多學術問題,有d想要轉數高既就多處境題同logical既問題,而SPB我覺得佢地係想搵有耐性專注同有禮既學生,佢1st in真係睇落好求其咁,但有SPB現任家長同我講其實重覆講故事果part除左睇小朋友可唔可以完整講得番個故事之外,係想睇下佢地係其他人講緊時識唔識專重人保持留心去聽晒咁多人講,for一個5歲小男孩子其實唔係易架,好多時講完已經無耐性再聽會周圍望。至於砌lego,我仔話砌完老師都問左佢好多野,我諗係睇下佢有無創意之餘又睇下佢表達能力如何。
同YW比,我都讚成YW係in得全面d,始終佢成3xxx人報,唔考多d真係好難揀人呀!

107#
發表於 11-12-22 14:48 |只看該作者
冇錯,香港真係好多燥狂嘅人。

106#
發表於 11-12-20 20:43 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 prettyrabbit 於 11-12-20 21:03 編輯
funnybee 發表於 11-12-20 17:50
我兒子沒有去什麼spb, 也没有去英華, 單看你們的對話也覺得pretty stupid. 也覺得你們這樣容易get upset,  ...

yes, you seem to be pretty bored in going thro' all these pretty boring threads, but you are pretty stupid in making this pretty naive response for these pretty boring threads. Your views are pretty close to another pretty sour cake maker. What a pretty coincident!!

105#
發表於 11-12-20 20:34 |只看該作者
回復 wallpaper... 的帖子

a stupid cake maker making sour grape cake, may be coating it with icing sugar can make u taste sweeter. Stupid! Have a merry christmas!!

104#
發表於 11-12-20 17:50 |只看該作者
我兒子沒有去什麼spb, 也没有去英華, 單看你們的對話也覺得pretty stupid. 也覺得你們這樣容易get upset, 就是pretty sad.... stupid這個字本身也不是錯, 也不是大問題, 也talk back 那麽多....this is a joke. 香港的parents真大反應...

103#
發表於 11-12-20 17:12 |只看該作者
其實某家長喜歡一間學校多過第二,三間好正常,因為你吾鍾意間學校,亦相對地吾代表間學校鍾意你,適合你。當然lee度糸open forum,鍾意講乜都得,吾遵守版規除外,但用字,用詞多少反眏個人修養。亦都冇人阻你講任何野,不過與事實不符的就最好諗清楚。

102#
發表於 11-12-20 17:00 |只看該作者
狂燥很可怕啊

101#
發表於 11-12-20 16:50 |只看該作者
and perhaps if the word 'stupid' was not allowed and would rasie so much eye brows, please post it up somewhere....I didn't know this is such an offensive socially inacceptable word....how about perfectly stupid with sugar on top and extra icing for you, would that make u sweeter for christmas...?  Don't ruin youself out ....and have a merry christmas, Mommy!

100#
發表於 11-12-20 16:43 |只看該作者
u guys are really serious about this...game still on....personally I still would definitely vote for Ying Wah over SPB.... period. not sour but just an honest opinion...  and well, ok, let me take my word stupid back, my apologies, but still YW over SPB....hahaha

99#
發表於 11-12-20 15:16 |只看該作者
I sought my relative's advice regarding DBS's interview. She said that Eng. interview would have advantage. I guess the rules have changed due to the huge no. of applicants & the increasing level of applicants' Eng. After going through the last several months, I've come to realize that DBS isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks, Ving. I wish I could get YW's 2nd in. I can't change my financial/social status, but being patient & full academic support for my son will be absolutely no problem for me.

98#
發表於 11-12-20 14:54 |只看該作者
回復 TheWiseMom 的帖子

YW will soon publish the list for final interview and hope you have good result.

But in fact, as parents of YW is not easy, as almost the first DSS school for interview but almost the last school for announcing the result. It's not only test the children ability but also parents' patience.

97#
發表於 11-12-20 14:50 |只看該作者
回復 flyda 的帖子

"如 topic 所題,Wallpaper 只係講佢嘅觀點啫,佢亦有道理,有冇必要串人?係咪要個個讚 SPB 好才是中肯?"

你會覺得wallpaper 嘅post 裏面咁多stupid 之類嘅字眼係叫 "中肯" ??!!

96#
發表於 11-12-20 14:39 |只看該作者
雖然小朋友入吾到DBS,但問心無愧,一切隨緣,個天吾俾你入,一定有原因,入到如讀吾上仲慘,所以spcc同dbs祇是平常心看待。

95#
發表於 11-12-20 14:17 |只看該作者
Talking about DBS interview, I think that they had a target group of candidates. They included 1. alumni/connected, 2. super-rich people who might donate tons of money (I know it because my friend suggested me not to apply for DBS unless I could buy its bonds or something. His boss donated tons of money to the school.), 3. privileged class, 4. applicants from famous kindergarten, and 5. candidates who could demonstrate very exceptionally talents like the Olympics game players or talking like a president. For points 4 & 5, DBS would only take a look at very limited number of boys. The rest, like most of us, were just there to 陪跑. A relative of mine has son & daughter go to DBSPD & DGJS resp., but they applied when there were not so many applicants like nowadays. However, in interview like this, DBS would surely miss out some talent like Steve Jobs, who was treated like an orphan when he was small. This kind of talent might contribute back to school tremendously in terms of reputation & donation in the long run. But would the admission officers care about the long run? Of course not; they cared how much you could contribute at the spot.

I have these insights not due to sour grape since this is only my 2nd choice compared to YW, which treats parents & applicants w/more respect. My son is good at both academic & manners because I have nurtured him full-time since he was born. My husband & I are U-grad. Since we have only one breadwinner, we send my son to a gov't sponsored non-famous kinder. Supposed my son would have an Eng. interview at DBS, but they spoke Cantonese to him. Also, they just asked him 1 very short question. Unless they had God's eyes, otherwise, how could they see the boys? So they had a target group of candidates in mind.

94#
發表於 11-12-20 13:21 |只看該作者
Actually, SPB has 160 yr history. During these 160 yr, there are some good/bad graduates, and I am for sure some acadmeic good, some academic bad, some manner good, some manner bad. And the school managment has a clear selection process and criteria.
In fact, SPB would still like to select boys with "Good manner, politeness and good EQ" rather than "academic good only " should have his own reason, SPB don't want to select so called "HK type children" that is difficult to teacher (maybe the children is very very smart).
In fact, some people think academic is everything. I would respect on it as that's your view. But if other people/school would think "Manner, Politeness" is more important, then you should also learn to respect instead of saying, insulting others "Stupid". And I firmly believe that what kind of parents have what kind of children.

醒目開學勳章

93#
發表於 11-12-20 13:00 |只看該作者
hkqmark 發表於 11-12-20 12:37
SPB first interview 係考小朋友禮貌, 專注, 表達能力等等. 每間學校都有自己一套選小朋友的方法. 雖然SPB  ...

agree!

92#
發表於 11-12-20 12:37 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 hkqmark 於 11-12-20 12:39 編輯

SPB first interview 係考小朋友禮貌, 專注, 表達能力等等. 每間學校都有自己一套選小朋友的方法. 雖然SPB first interview好似好簡單, 其實都可以睇到小朋友好多嘢! second interview更加係無得train, 好公平, 好透明, 家長完全知道小朋友的表現!  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題