樓主: ChanHuiLing
go

劍鳴2007 K1 家長請進 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-6-14 09:18 |只看該作者

Re: 劍鳴2007 K1 家長請進

this is what I expect from KM.  I hope Janan can develop a good habit
Woodymom 寫道:
Once I met another parent of the same class. We did talk about doing homework. Her son also does homework by himself and likes doing homework.  His mom also thinks KM can teach kids with good discipline.
靖直樂天名聲留, 朗月高照映楊柳

82#
發表於 07-6-14 09:19 |只看該作者

that's why everybody has to attend PM class in K3?  I know this from the acceptance letter.
靖直樂天名聲留, 朗月高照映楊柳

83#
發表於 07-6-14 09:20 |只看該作者

Usually what kind of snack do you prepare for your kid?  Biscuits and cakes?
靖直樂天名聲留, 朗月高照映楊柳

84#
發表於 07-6-14 09:58 |只看該作者

Woodymom
Thanks for your advice. I like the KG that my kid currently goes to. This KG has homework but no testing or examinations. This may not be so good for the kid to prepare for Grade 1, right?
Is your maid good in general or taking care of your son? I had an Indo maid before and swear that I will never hire one again to take care of my kid. She never ends talking on the phone!!! (24 hr on the phone)...

85#
發表於 07-6-14 11:30 |只看該作者

I prepare biscuits, dried fruit, chocolates, cakes, fresh fruit, etc.
maisyraymond 寫道:
Usually what kind of snack do you prepare for your kid?  Biscuits and cakes?

86#
發表於 07-6-14 18:27 |只看該作者

Hi Woodymom
You have a really good child
I've heard that KM students are most likely well-behaved
and that's one of the reasons y I chose KM
I wish Ian will be as good as your child
Woodymom 寫道:
I am not a full-time mom. My son usually does homework before I return home. At first, I was quite surprised when my son asked me to let him do homework by himself on the phone. My maid is an Indonesian who doesn't know Eng or Chi. So she cannot explain how to do homework to my son. I asked my son if he knew how to do the homework. He told me that the teachers had explained to him in school. When I returned home, I found that he could finish his homwork well. I also asked him why he wanted to do homework before I came home. He answered me that his teachers said it was their responsibility to do homework. That's why he does homework by himself.

Once I met another parent of the same class. We did talk about doing homework. Her son also does homework by himself and likes doing homework.  His mom also thinks KM can teach kids with good discipline.

[quote]
fattumtum 寫道:
Woodymom

I think this depends on the kid's personality and how the parents response. You have a very good kid and are being a very mama to take care of the child. Can I ask if you are a full-time mama? I hear all the time that full-time mama to take care of kid who is better one in general.
[/quote]

87#
發表於 07-6-15 00:31 |只看該作者

does kids in KM usually go out and have eng class?  Or just rely on the school teacher to learn eng?

88#
發表於 07-6-15 12:52 |只看該作者

Hi, Maisyraymond,

My girl will be in N1 am in the coming year. I want to ask you about the teacher's quality? I heard that pm class is not so good. but how about am class? is it good? can the student learn English well since it is not an international class and beside comparing with HKPS? which one is better?

Thanks for your great help

89#
發表於 07-6-15 13:57 |只看該作者

danduscc,
Maybe I can share my feelings with u. My son was in N1 last year and now he is in K1.

Actually, the reasons why the comments on PM class are not very good are mainly about the NETs. As we know, the turnover rate is high when compared with the turmover rate of local teachers. My son studied in am class last year and the teachers who taught him last year and this year are  very nice and caring. I think the teachers not only give the kids freedom but also discipline if necessary.  

Concerning English learning, the NET stays an hour every day with the am classes only whereas she stays 3 hours with the int'l class.  of course, if u want your kid to speak english all the time, then int'l class will be a better choice for u. For the teaching materials,  there are no differences at all between am and pm class.

I think it is quite difficult to compare between HKPS and KM. Just trust your own feelings towards these two KGs.

90#
發表於 07-6-17 22:34 |只看該作者

Woodymom,

Thanks for your advise. I do think that KM is a good school (and that is why I choose it)...

I am still struggling choosing between KM and HKPS....

I guess that I will do school visit later....

Once again, thanks again...

91#
發表於 07-6-18 07:53 |只看該作者

woodymom,

what do you think about the english standard of the am class?  Can students really learn English in an hour every day?  Do they have to attend extra english lessons outside school?
靖直樂天名聲留, 朗月高照映楊柳

92#
發表於 07-6-18 08:43 |只看該作者

[quote]
maisyraymond,
My son has learnt many Eng words in school but cannot speak very fluent complete sentences.  But I can see that he is trying to do so in the second term.  (P.S. My son does not join any Eng class outside or communicate with us in Eng. He only learns Eng in school.)

I know some K1 students join the phonics class in KM on Saturdays. Some of my son's classmates join art classes,Mandarin class, Yip's, piano lessons, etc. However, I don't know any parents who let  their kids join Eng classes. Maybe they don't tell me about this.  

93#
發表於 07-6-18 09:48 |只看該作者

it seems that there are quite a lot ECAs in KM   

are they good and expensive?  If they are good enough, I don't have to search the programmes in the market.   
靖直樂天名聲留, 朗月高照映楊柳

94#
發表於 07-6-18 10:32 |只看該作者

Woodymom 寫道:
danduscc,
Maybe I can share my feelings with u. My son was in N1 last year and now he is in K1.

Actually, the reasons why the comments on PM class are not very good are mainly about the NETs. As we know, the turnover rate is high when compared with the turmover rate of local teachers. My son studied in am class last year and the teachers who taught him last year and this year are  very nice and caring. I think the teachers not only give the kids freedom but also discipline if necessary.  

Concerning English learning, the NET stays an hour every day with the am classes only whereas she stays 3 hours with the int'l class.  of course, if u want your kid to speak english all the time, then int'l class will be a better choice for u. For the teaching materials,  there are no differences at all between am and pm class.

I think it is quite difficult to compare between HKPS and KM. Just trust your own feelings towards these two KGs.

woodymom, danduscc,

not good comments in PM classes?? my son will attend N1(pm) in the coming Sept...well, what are those comments about?? thanks!!    

95#
發表於 07-6-18 10:53 |只看該作者

maisyraymond,
KM only offers courses like choir, dancing, handicraft, phonics, etc. For other courses, u still need to find some outside course providers.

My son only joins choir, $100/lesson, 1 hour per lesson. For the other courses, i am not very sure about the charges, about $1XX per lesson.

For the quality, i think it should be okay because many kids join the courses throughout the year.

96#
發表於 07-6-18 10:56 |只看該作者

cacatam,
The bad comments I heard are about the NETs. The NETs in the pm class change quite frequently because the turnover rate of NETs is high. That's the thing I heard about the PM class. I am not sure if others heard the same comments.

97#
發表於 07-6-19 07:49 |只看該作者

all, my kid studying in K2 and probably can give you some comments. Overall i can say KM is a normal kindergarten, don't give high expectation, i think other KG can also train a kid discipline, well behave but this really depends your son character. KM is not that famous compare with St. Catherine, Kentville, so there will not have advantage when choosing primary school, i am still waiting the primary school list from school this year, i hope the results is good.

They teach very fast and my kid can't follow so the result is not that good. In K2 2nd half, they need my kid to spell and write like NURSE, SHEEP, etc but they only learn the words a week before.

However, my kid still love to school. Above is just my comments only, hope this helps.

98#
發表於 07-6-19 09:04 |只看該作者

sftw,
Yes, my son's class teacher has already told me that K2 will be a tough year for the kids. She said that the workload will be a lot heavier in K2 and some kids may have adaption problems at the beginning of the term. She also advised me to let my son do more writing practice during the summer holidays.

I agree the the curriculum of KM is quite tough. Recently, I heard from a mother whose daugther will study in Maryknoll in the coming Sept. She is worried about her daughter's adaption in P1. Her daughter is a graduate of SC. She thinks SC is too free and does not give a lot of homework. I think the workload may be quite tough in KM but it can help my kid have better bridging in P1.

I heard from a teacher that some graduates of this year will go to some famous primary schools like La Salle, Maryknoll,  etc. Actually there is nothing to do with the KG. The alllocation of school place depends on address and relationship with the school (e.g. alumini)

99#
發表於 07-6-20 18:45 |只看該作者

Any mama receive the letter from KM ?

100#
發表於 07-6-21 07:55 |只看該作者

not yet for me.     

what about others?
j129 寫道:
Any mama receive the letter from KM ?
靖直樂天名聲留, 朗月高照映楊柳